002

Our Two Bedroom Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That night, I wasn't able to get one second of good sleep, causing me to groan as my alarm clock went off. I squinted at the time, and pulled my pillow over my head. This must be a nightmare. A bad joke of an even worse nightmare.

I kicked my sheets off of my legs, struggled on all four, and cursed my parents yet again. Afterwards, I grabbed fresh, bussiness-y clothes and towels and strolled down the stairs. I silently hoped not to run into my roommate, whose name I frankly still had not picked up yet.

I sighed in relief when I found the first floor empty. The scent of coffee was strongly present and I smacked my lips. Just a second later, my stomach started growling and I frowned. I was hungry, indeed, but I felt sick to my guts – the thought of starting a new job completely throwing me off.

I continued into the bathroom and undressed myself. After the quickest shower in existence, I hurriedly dried up, brushed my tangled hair and hopped into black tights and a long, loose, white blouse, which was fitted at the waist. Looking in the mirror, I puffed my cheeks and whined at my skin. Why was it getting like this when I got nervous? All rashed and red.

After fixing my face, I lumbered into the kitchen to find a note attached to a mug that stood next to the coffeepot.

“For a good start in the week. Good luck on your first day. - 'Perfect face and perfect body' ;P.” I mumbled the note to myself and crumpled it up.

He eavesdropped!

A split-second later, another thought hit me. How does he know that I have my first day today?

I quickly got rid of all the thoughts fogging my mind and concentrated on the hot, steaming cup of coffee in my hands. I gulped it down and, with a shock, stared at my watch, my eyes almost coming out of the sockets.

“! So late already?” I abandoned everything around me, grabbed my purse and hurried to the exit, quickly slipping in a pair of black ankle boots before slamming the front door shut behind me.

Saying the metro was 'packed' would have been more than an understatement. I was sandwiched in between a bunch of male high school students. They were gawking at me like they had never seen a female in their lives. Closing my eyes, I counted to 10 and took deep breaths.

As the stop closest to my work place was called out, I squeezed myself towards the doors and almost fell to the ground when I forcefully pushed through even more students. Where are all those kids coming from?, I barked in my head and held my purse tighter to my chest.

About two or three blocks from the station, this huge office building towered into the sky. You could see the two elevators from down where I was standing – they were placed in the front, the tubes around it were completely made of glass. I blinked up, my mouth ajar in awe. This is where I am going to work?

I hesitantly entered the building, cold sweat running down my spine. I clenched and released my fists several times, trying to get the blood flow back into them. As I made my way to the reception, I tried not to make too much noise with my shoes, but I failed terribly. On the inside, I was a sobbing mess, but on the outside, I managed to seem like someone who still held her sanity.

“Good Morning! How may I help you?” the pretty, young woman at the reception sing-sang, causing my confidence to hit rock bottom in a second to none.

“I, uh...I'm Park Sung Ra and, eh....” She gave me a smile that showed off her perfectly white teeth.

“You're the new editor, right? It's nice to meet you. Come and follow me!” She sounded extremely friendly, and the way she swayed her hips from side to side as she took the lead down a hallway, made all the men turn their heads around for her.

I hate her.

At the end of the hall was a wide door. The secretary pushed down the door handle and the door opened, revealing an open office. My eyes quickly scanned the room – four work places and another door, that lead to – what I assumed – the department manager's office.

I held tightly onto my purse as the pretty, red haired threat of a woman next to me cleared , making all the heads in the office pop up.

“Everyone, this is Park Sung Ra-ssi. She will be appointed to the place Kim Hae Bin left behind. Ji Yong-ssi, please show her around if you have some free float in time.”

A swivel chair rolled back, revealing a young man – maybe around 26 – that showed me a bright smile. His hair was dyed in a light blonde, and the suit he was wearing suggested that he had a good income.

Or rich parents, I added in my thoughts.

He got up, saluted in the secretary's direction and quickly locked his eyes on me.

“It will be a pleasure, Sojin!” He winked at me and extended his hand.

“Hello, my name is Kwon Ji Yong” he introduced himself.

“P-park....Sung Ra” I stuttered while shaking his hand.

“Good! Great to meet you. Why don't we start with the most important facility?” he asked, wiggling his eyebrow.

“The bathroom?” I blurted out, a little too excited since I had to pee for at least half an hour. He shook his head in laughter, lightly put an arm around my shoulder and pulled me with him.

“No, the cafeteria!”

Ji Yong turned out to be a really nice, far from humble person. He showed me around, giving snarky comments at some co-workers from different departments.

He would murmur a “He loves to sleep around. Beware” or “I think she only got the job because her s are as fake as her hair color” every now and then, making me lift my hand to my mouth to cover up a giggle escaping.

As we returned into our

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter