Part (2/?): Little By Little

It started out with a kiss (how did it end up like this?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author note: Idk!! Don't ask me!  This was supposed to be three parts ! but it got so long and IDK ANYMORE! I’ll just go with the flow! This chapter was a to write! Sorry for taking so long to update *cries in a corner* 

 

 

 

 

Leaving L.A never got easier, if anything it got harder each time. Lynn hated leaving her family knowing that she won’t get to see them again anytime soon. Going back to Korea was a bittersweet experience in itself; Lynn wasn’t looking forward to living in the cramped dorm nor drowning in the school works, but she missed Miyoung so much and couldn’t wait to see her again. She also missed her classmates (she was in fact friends with a lot of them), and even Minah and Haewon. (If she was true with herself she must say she has missed Jungkook too, even for the slightest.)

Seeing Miyoung in the airport, Lynn couldn’t hide her big grin that made her feel as though her face will split soon; joy was so obvious on her face it looked like she just won the lottery. Lynn squeezed between the many people around her, wanting to reach her best friend as fast as possible.

“Lynn!” Miyoung yelled, running to the taller girl and engulfing her in a bear hug. Lynn, slightly out of breath, hugged her friend back giggling merrily.

“I missed you,” Lynn declared, squeezing Miyoung in her arms. “I missed you, I missed you, I missed you, I missed you, I missed you, I missed you, I missed you, I missed you, I missed you, I missed you, I mis-“

“I missed you too,” Miyoung, who was on the verge of crying, mumbled cutting Lynn. Voice trembling, and eyes teary. Chuckling at her very adorable friend, Lynn wiped the girl’s moist eyes. “Such a cute big baby,” she cooed, squishing Miyoung’s cheeks. “My very cute baby.”

Miyoung chuckled, it sounded like a sob more than a laugh, but Lynn was nice enough to let it go unnoticed. “The comeback of the gay couple,” the older girl remarked with a somewhat shaky voice. Lynn rolled her eyes in mock annoyance, pushing her friend slightly. “Moment ruiner.”

“It runs in my blood, girl I can’t,” Miyoung gave an exaggerated wounded look and Lynn snorted. “It’s a must,” the older girl added.

Lynn sighed in fake exasperation, fighting the smile as she hugged Miyoung again. “I know, I know.”

 

 

The driver, that Mr.Tuan hired for Lynn, fetched the latter’s three suitcases (totally Mark’s fault and his never ending shopping trips) and with that he drove the two girls back to the dorms. Lynn, feeling drained from the long plane trip, rested her head on her friend’s lap, the latter started playing with her friend’s black long hair, completely lulling her to sleep.

 

 

Waking Lynn up and dragging her to the dorms was the hardest task Miyoung had ever the misfortune of doing. The younger girl was near the point of crying, clutching at the back of the car’s front seat and begging her friend to let her sleep. But Miyoung was never a girl to give up, thus she continued on pulling Lynn’s hand waiting for her to surrender, like she was bound to do.

“Lynnie, don’t you wanna go to you room?” Miyoung sang in a cute voice, huffing as she struggled to lift Lynn’s body. “Your comfortable room?  Your soft bed? I know you miss them.”

Lynn grunted, wiggling Miyoung’s hands off and slightly sitting up. The shorter girl chuckled; Lynn looked like a confused kid, lips unconsciously pouted, eyebrows furrowed in confusing and puffy eyes looking around. “Where are we?”

“The dorms .”

“Huh?” Lynn breathed, scratching the side of her head.

“The dorms?” Miyoung rolled her eyes, as Lynn directed her the same confused expression. “The university? Seoul? South Korea? Asia? The earth? The milky way? The universe?”

“Aaah, the milky way, I know that,” Lynn giggled sheepishly as she finally went out of the vehicle. Going around the car and opening the trunk her eyes widened. “Where are my suitcases?”

“The driver already took them to your dorm,”

“Wow, already? How?”

“The man took them and came back and you were still sleeping, you lazyass,” Miyoung scolded playfully, hitting her friend’s head.

Lynn hummed, dragging herself to what she thinks is the way to her dorm, Miyoung facepalmed, feeling done with her friend who was looking tipsy at this point. “Lynn, where do you think you are going?”

“The dorms?” Lynn  muttered hesitatingly, vaguely pointing at the direction she was heading to.

“That’s the wrong way idiot,” Miyoung sighed in astonishment, dragging a very dizzy Lynn to her dorms. The older girl was supposed to be the clumsy one between the two but Lynn was tripping on her own feet too many times that anyone would think otherwise.

 

 

Miyoung and Lynn were welcomed with an empty dorm, the later sighed in relief ushering her friend out of the place with a promise of meeting soon before hurriedly going to her room and going to dreamland as soon as her head met her pillow.

 

 

The girl was awoken to the sound of the kitchen’s utensils and what she believed were the voices of her dormmates. Groggily walking out of her room and to the kitchen, Lynn stifled a yawn, eyes barely opened due to the offending lights. “Stop making noise.” She grumbled.

“Oh,” someone stupidly uttered and Lynn ignored the person, already heading to what looked like the couch, before plopping into it and halfheartedly listening to what the voices in the kitchen said.

“We didn’t know you were already here.  We thought you come late at night.”

“Yeah, we were planning on surprising you.”

Lynn hummed, her mind in a haze and barely comprehending any of the words. “Yah, Lynn. Don’t you dare sleep again. We actually cooked just for you,” Lynn groaned at Minah’s words, forcing her body off the couch and crawling on the ground to the kitchen.

Reaching the said place, Lynn stayed sprawled on the floor, forearm pressed on her eyes to shield them from the light. “Lynn, stand up and come sit here like a ing proper human being, will ya!?" Haewon yelled, scoffing at her crazy friend.

Lynn stood up at that, holding into the counter after almost losing balance and squinting her eyes at whoever was sitting on one of the chairs. But as her eyes finally adjusted to the lightning of the kitchen, she was welcomed with a sight that she liked to describe as a ing nightmare.

The person that Lynn supposedly thought was Haewon turned out to be Jungkook. The boy was looking totally entertained at the miserable girl called Lynn. The later felt her cheeks flushing and stomach swirling uncomfortably. She wasn’t sure what was worse, the fact that she just made a fool of herself in her sleepy daze in front of Jungkook, or the memory of the messages exchanged between her and the latter that rushed to her mind. 

But she knew these weren’t the only reasons she was feeling like this, it was actually Jungkook’s damn fault. The boy’s hair was no longer a dark brown but jet black, bangs falling on his eyes and she could feel his stare piercing through her soul. And even though Lynn didn’t want to admit it but he looked so hot she was currently having a mental break down.

After staring for too long at the boy, Lynn averted her eyes to Haewon. It was hard to utter coherent sentences, her thoughts a messy jumble. Gulping the lump stuck on , she tried to smile, but it looked like a grimace more than anything else. “I-I… You didn’t… I-I’ll g-go-go wash-sh up,”

Sprinting to the bathroom, Lynn locked the door and quickly the sink so the others would think she’s really washing up when she was in fact having an internal turmoil. Pulling at her hair in frustration, the girl almost started banging her head on the wall.

After far too long, Lynn felt sorry for all the wasted water and decided to just brush her teeth and wash her face with cold water, hoping her cheeks will turn back to their normal color. This wasn’t a big deal actually; Lynn just had to forget about ever texting Jungkook over the past two weeks. Forget about crawling on the floor like a ing psycho with unkempt hair in front of him. And just ignore his alluring appearance for the time being.

That wasn’t that hard, right?!

Sneaking to her room, Lynn cocooned herself in the warmth of her blanket, deciding on going back to sleep and escaping this whole situation. Her thoughts were getting hazy as she started drifting to sleep. But soon loud knocking jolted her up from her sleep as Minah yelled her name.

Lynn cursed under her breath, hoping that if she didn’t respond to Minah the girl will just leave, but the latter wasn’t having any of that, as she continued to harass Lynn’s door. “What?” Lynn cried in displeasure, voice groggy as she pressed her pillow over her head, trying and failing to mute the noise. Loud knocking was Lynn’s most hated sound, and Minah was making the younger girl want to attempt murder.

“What are you doing there? Aren’t you gonna eat?” Minah asked with her annoying sweet voice and Lynn grunted, scowling in discontent.

“I don’t wanna eat, please let me sleep, please!” Lynn begged.

“I made this especially for you.”

“That’s bull. I don’t like Korean food and I am sure all of what you made ‘especially for me’ is spicy.”

“What’s wrong with spicy food? Jungkookie loves it,” Minah retorted making Lynn sigh.

“ your Jungkookie,” Lynn cringed at the implication of the statement before quickly adding. “I can’t stand spicy food.”

“Aren’t you going to at least grace us with your presence, Your highness?” Haewon yelled from the kitchen and Lynn grunted, rolling her eyes in annoyance, and deciding to give no head to her as she went back to sleep.

Lynn was only woken up hours later with the sound of an upcoming notification.

Lynn closed her eyes as soon as she unlocked her phone, the screen’s blinding light burning the back of her eyes.

What was that?

Lynn replied to Jungkook, stretching her sore muscles, too tired to try and understand what he was referring to. It was midnight, and Lynn’s brain wasn’t functioning properly after being unconscious for a while.

What was what?

You know, the staring, the blushing, the stuttering and then the running away

Was it because you remembered our messages?

Or you just missed me too much ;)

Lynn groaned, pressing her face deeper in her pillow in a failed attempt to get rid of the embarrassing images of earlier. Finally giving up on forgetting the unwanted memories, she took hold of her discharged phone.

You just looked hot, Lynn erased the message as soon as she typed it. Jungkook was already full of himself; she wasn’t going to boost his cockiness more. (Even though he had every right to be cocky)

I forgot how ugly you actually are! I was taken back for a sec

Me? Ugly?

That’s not what you usually say

When I you

You didn’t just say that!!

‘Oh , Jungkook you’re so hot’

‘Jungkook, so ing y’

And if you still don’t remember

I always can remind you

Oh god!

You dared…

Just admit that I am hot

No!

Never!!

Come over

And we will see how long it takes you to admit it

Confident much?

Yup

We’ll see about that!

And with that Lynn quickly washed up, getting rid of the sleepiness and changing into something easy to take off. Making sure her two friends were sleeping, she sneaked out of the dorm, taking hurried steps to Jungkook’s dorm.

Reaching said dorm, Lynn sent Jungkook a message that she was at his door as she rocked her body on her feet. But it didn’t take Jungkook more than a minute to open the door. Seeing him up close like this for the first time after two weeks felt like a punch to the stomach, and she was glad she could say she was out of breath from the run to his dorm and not from how ing attractive he was.

“My dormmates aren’t here,” the boy informed, pushing the door back as an invitation for the girl to enter. Lynn hummed, not trusting her voice, and then walked pass Jungkook as he closed the door behind her.

“Lynn,” Jungkook breathed, turning the girl to him as his arm held her waist securely. It seemed like Lynn wasn’t the only one affected by the two weeks they spent apart as Jungkook leaned in for a kiss. The boy pressed their bodies closer and Lynn found herself circling her arms around his neck naturally.

The what-Lynn-thought-was-a-quick-kiss turned to a hot make out session as Jungkook pushed the two of them to the couch. Lynn groaned as the boy fell on the couch and pulled her down with him. Jungkook smirked as the girl on his lap gasped, surprised by the sudden fall. Lynn tightened her hold on him and he pecked her swollen lips amused at her slightly startled look.

The two got too caught up to the feeling of being together and close like this after such a long time, completely forgetting about Jungkook making Lynn admit that he was hot (Which she unintentionally did, as usual) . And as Lynn stumbled to Miyoung’s dorm at the brink of the down, she could only offer her friend a sheepish grin and a sleepy yawn.

 

 

 

University soon started again, and between going to lessons and doing assignments Lynn found herself whining about waking up at such an early hour for far too many times. It was the first Wednesday after the winter break. Lynn was excited for the lunch period because Miyoung had informed her that she had a surprise for her.

“So!” Lynn exclaimed as soon as she sat in front of Miyoung. “What’s the surprise?”

Miyoung chuckled at her friend’s obvious excitement. “Wait.”

“Wait for what?” Lynn scowled impatiently like a kid, folding her arms over her chest childishly. “Me wanna see the surprise right now!”

Miyoung chuckled fixing her gaze behind Lynn’s head. “Here he comes.”

“Who the ?” Lynn mumbled, slightly turning her head to see who Miyoung was referring to. It took Lynn few seconds to spot him approaching their table but when she did she couldn’t stop the grin on her face as her eyes widened in astonishment.

Lynn followed the boy with her eyes as he plopped on the seat beside Miyoung. “Well isn’t that Lynn Tuan?” The boy exclaimed with a cheery laugh and Lynn joined him, pleased to see his adorable eye smile after too long.

 “Well isn’t that Park-still-short-Jimin.” Lynn smiled slyly as Jimin’s face fell.

“The first thing you said to me after half a year.” Jimin clutched at his heart dramatically. “Did you hear that sound?.. Oh never mind, it’s just my heart breaking.” He mumbled sadly, sobbing on Miyoung’s shoulder.

Miyoung pinched the boy’s cheek playfully. “Drama queen.”

Jimin pouted, sending Miyoung a glare that was more adorable than threatening. “I thought you’re on my side!”

 “I am, I am.” Miyoung chuckled, ruffling Jimin’ hair, before sending Lynn a scolding look. “Please don’t bully our Jiminie.”

“Aish, Why I am feeling like a third wheel here?” Lynn muttered under her breath glaring at her two friends. “And Jimin aren’t you supposed to defend yourself? !” Lynn spat, unknowingly pouting.

“You didn’t just!” Jimin yelled, throwing the first thing he got a hold on at Lynn, which unfortunately was Miyoung’s phone, as the  boy huffed.

“Yah, my phone,” Miyoung shrieked snatching her phone from Lynn who was a second away from throwing it back at Jimin. “You two!! You’re lucky it didn’t break.”

“Well I am this close to breaking Jimin’s head. What’s that phone made of? It hurt like a .” Lynn grunted in pain, rubbing her right shoulder.

Jimin smirked, giggling deviously. “Thank your god for getting hit on your shoulder; I was aiming for your face.”

“Woah, I am impressed. Your arm is too short you couldn’t throw the phone at my face?”

Miyoung sighed, pinching Jimin and Lynn’s ears, pulling the latter from the other end of the table and almost knocking their food trays down. “Look at you two…” Miyoung said shaking her head like a disappointed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter