Part (4/?) : I Knew You Were trouble

It started out with a kiss (how did it end up like this?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lynn was used to waking up with a headache, it happened more than twice a week. But no headache was as bad as this one, the hangover was hitting her full force and opening her eyes sounded like such a difficult task.

Her mind felt hazy, and she couldn't get a grasp on reality yet. The only thing she could feel, beside the throbbing pain of her head, was the bright light burning behind her eyelids.

"Miyoung." She groaned. "Turn the damn lights off."

"Shut the up."

Lynn opened her eyes in shock, her head spun painfully but she couldn't care less about that. Because since when was Miyoung's voice so deep, so low, so manly?

"You're not Miyoung." Lynn shrieked, leaning away from the boy laying beside her and almost falling off the side of the bed.

Jungkook groaned. "No sherlock."

Lynn grimaced at the sense of déjà vu, before memories of the last night started flooding her mind. And Lynn never wished the ground would crack and swallow her more then in that exact moment.

"Jimin." Was the first thing she said, muttering the name with such distaste.

"I didn't know you know him." Jungkook remarked and Lynn groaned. Not believing the fact that she was in such position. The headache wasn't helping either, as always. "I wish I didn't know him." She spat

Silence soon fell between them, thick and uncomfortable, and Lynn wanted to do nothing more than escape, she was planning on avoiding Jungkook, till she stops recalling their last kiss at least, till her mind wraps around the situation; till she could actually look at Jungkook without feeling a tight knot in her stomach.

But now she was lying beside him, on his bed, a blanket draped over them, the fact that she spent the night with him weighing on her, and this honestly defeated her plan, nothing about this said avoidance, everything about this said trouble. Jungkook was trouble.

"Does your head hurt? There are painkillers and a cup of water on the nightstand just beside you." Jungkook informed, snapping Lynn out of her daze. The latter smiled gratefully, surprised that Jungkook went out of his way for her.

"Thank you." Lynn murmured, taking two pills and swallowing them down with the water.

More awkward silence followed, and Lynn decided that it was time for her to leave, she felt gross on her clothes, and if she was waiting for some kind of explanation from Jungkook, about the kiss, about why he helped her the previous day, about why he let her come over, he didn't look like he was planning on giving her any.

"Are your dormmates here?" Lynn asked, leaving the comfort of his bed and attempting to find her shoes.

"No, they have classes early this morning."

"Classes…" Lynn muttered with a pale face. "I have classes early this morning." She added unintelligibly.

"Oh."

"I am screwed." She fetched her phone from her pocket, just to find it off. "And my phone died. my life. What time is it?"

"Uh.." Jungkook glanced at the clock on his desk. "12 and half."

"What?" Lynn cried. "I have classes at 1pm. And oh my god the girls aren't at the dorm and I don't have my keys. And there's absolutely no way I'll go study looking like this."

"Calm down. You can skip for today, it's not that ground breaking."

"You are saying that cause you didn't miss any classes. ."

"Why are you even pissed at me? it's not my fault you didn't wake up."

Lynn groaned, messing her already disheveled hair. "Right, right. I should actually thank you for yesterday, also apologize. Gosh, it was such a mess."

Jungkook shook his head, amused at the freaking-out girl. "It's okay. I don't mind, you shouldn't mind either. You're taking this too seriously. Let go." Jungkook grinned, before leaning to the girl and pulling her towards him. "Or should I help you let go?"

"Jungkook." Lynn squeaked, falling over the boy, hands firmly pressed to his chest for support.

The boy smiled lazily at Lynn, arm sneakily circling around her waist and pulling her closer. "I think we have enough time before my classes at 2pm."

Lynn glared at him, trying to escape his tight hold. Jungkook chuckled, pulling Lynn even closer. "I am kidding, I am kidding. Screw classes, I am skipping too."

"Really? You are?" Lynn asked with a small grin, running a finger against the boy's sharp jawline.

"Yeah, I am." He mumbled with a low voice, moving closer to Lynn's face. The close proximity was a bittersweet reminder of the kiss, the kiss Lynn couldn't chase away from her mind.

But as Jungkook pressed his lips on hers, hungry and demanding, Lynn realized that this kiss was nothing like the former. Because this one was something Lynn was familiar with, something she could easily melt into.

That was also the moment Lynn decided to stop thinking of the two days ago kiss, because it seemed like it was just an impulse act, one that will never happen again, one that had no meaning behind it. And Lynn only had to follow Jungkook lead and not think about it, since he seemed like he didn't even remember it happened.

 

 

 

 

 

"Look what the cat dragged in." Haewon yelled as Lynn walked into the living room.

"Wow." Minah breathed, eyeing Lynn in bewilderment.

"Lynn, I think you outdid the ed-senselessly look. This is turning to just-ed-a-hobo-in-a-dumpster kind of look."

"It was a long day." Lynn said, throwing her body on the couch, having no energy to even take her shoes off. "I feel like I was dragged to hell and back."

"You look like you were dragged to hell and back." Haewon sneered and Lynn pouted.

"I think I'll just go sleep then take a shower." Lynn mumbled, finally willing herself to stand up.

"Yeah, you do that." Minah remarked, watching Lynn drag herself to her room.

 

 

 


Can you come over?

Miyoung sent Lynn as soon as the girl was done with her shower, and the latter believed that she had some energy to make the trip to her friend's dorm. Plus the elder must be confused of the previous night event, if she remembered anything, that is.

Be there in 15.

 

 

 

"Hello again, my old friend." Miyoung exclaimed as she opened the door for Lynn.

"Hello my ." Lynn spat. "You and Jimin owe me a formal apology. And to be my slaves for two months."

"Haha. Really?" Miyoung laughed nervously, scratching her neck, that was littered with hickeys, poorly hidden by make-up.

"Yeah, really. Now move your ." Lynn cursed, walking past Miyoung and shoving her shoulder harshly on her way in.

The elder followed behind the younger, puzzled by her friend's behavior. "What's wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with me?" Lynn cried. "Nothing. Nothing is wrong with me. Of course you wouldn't know, you were out the whole time. You only woke up to get some."

"Wh-what?"

"Don't talk to me. I don't even know how I survived yesterday. Holy . A nightmare. A ing nightmare."

"Lynn-"

"This will hunt me every day. Every night."

"Liste-"

"I won't be getting any more sleep anymore. I'll just cry myself to sleep."

"Can y-"

"Not like I don't cry myself to sleep already."

"Lynn." Miyoung yelled pleadingly.

"Oh and happy birthday. I hope you trip and die." Lynn smiled deviously. "I am done now."

"I hate you."

"I know."

"So can you please tell me what happened yesterday that got you in such a fool mood? I only remember me and Ji-" Miyoung blushed, cutting herself mid-sentence. "I suppose you already know."

Lynn groaned. "Long story short, you out, jimin got too drunk to walk straight, I got 'mister boy' to help me get you to your dorm. We-"

"Lynn. Out of all people, why him?"

" I was drunk too, I called him instead of Jinyoung."

"Ah."

"Actually, you should thank him too. He carried you to your room."

"He did?" Miyoung asked, shocked. "Well take me to him. So I can thank him properly."

Lynn scoffed. "You wish. Anyway, we dumped you and jimin in your bed, bad idea, really really bad idea. He then left. I tried to sleep after that, but you two ers started ing and I had no one to go to but boy. Things I do because of you. I cry"

"I am sorry."

"Apology not accepted." Lynn sighed. "How did this even happen? Where you that drunk?"

Miyoung exhaled nervously, playing with her fingers. "I guess."

And it was obvious to Lynn, who knew the girl for five years, that there was something the elder wasn't telling her, but she decided not to force it out of her. She'll come around soon, hopefully.

"Hey Lynn, I wanted to ask you about this yesterday but I forgot."

"Shoot."

"Who's that boy you were talking to last Friday, At the door of my dorm?" Miyoung stared at Lynn curiously and the girl paled, smiling nervously.

"J-Jungkook. Minah's boyfriend. I told you about him before."

"Ah I remember. But didn't you say that you didn't get along with him? You two looked really close to me."

Lynn bit her lip, hating the fact that she had to lie to her friend. But she knew Miyoung would probably definitely behead her if she get to know the truth. "We got around to talking and you could say we are friends now."

"I am glad."

Don't be.

 

 

 

 

 

"Lynn, can you get these boxes out of here?" Minah yelled from the door.

"No." Lynn yelled back. Laying on the couch and playing with her phone.

"What boxes?" Haewon asked, coming out of her room.

"My family gifts."

"It's Tuesday. They are late." Haewon commented before looking at Minah and whoever was with her as they entered the living room. "Hello love birds."

Lynn averted her gaze to the 'love birds' and her eyes fell on Jungkook, she gulped nervously, averting her eyes away from him and back to her phone. "." She cursed after noticing that she had lost the round. " my life."

"Hello to you too." Jungkook said and Lynn sent him a dirty look. "Shut the up."

"And here I thought you were really getting along." Haewon sighed, before turning to Minah. "How was your date?"

The girl beamed, and Lynn started another round of her game."Great. Jungkook was being too sweet."

"awesome." Haewon smiled, as the three took place on the couches, the couple on the love seat and Haewon on a solo one.

Lynn tuned down their voices, as usual, eyes and fingers on her phone, and she was only interrupted, after five rounds of her game, by Haewon.

"Yo Lynn! From where did you get that bracelet? I thought it was from Mark, but their gifts just reached today."

And really, Lynn should have learnt her lesson, should have took the bracelet off, but it was too pretty and she didn't dare to.

"Ah." She smiled, eyes never leaving her phone. "Just a friend."

"Just a friend?" Haewon asked teasingly, and Lynn could tell she was smirking, just from her voice. "You mean your boyfriend? Jinyoung?"

"W-what?" Lynn sputtered, pausing her game and finally looking at the indeed smirking Haewon.

"You think I don't know? I always see his caller ID in your phone, I bet all the texts you keep on receiving are from him too." Haewon said smugly. "Plus you don't look ed just like that, you need to be ed to look like you were ed."

"Holy ." Lynn groaned. "I am not dating Jinyoung."

"But there's something between you." Haewon insisted.

"Yeah? A friendship maybe?"

"yeah. Whatever helps you sleep at night." Haewon muttered carelessly, and Lynn could feel her blood boiling.

"I don't even know why I try." Lynn yelled, snatching her phone and going straight to her room, slamming the door shut, not glancing even once at the three.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hi." Lynn mumbled tiredly, sitting in front of Miyoung at their usual table. "What's taking Jimin so long? I am usually the last to get here."

Miyoung shrugged, trying to seem nonchalant. "I don't know. He didn't say anything. Maybe something came up."

"Wait, you didn't talk after Sunday night?" Lynn asked, a worried expression on her face.

"No, but-"

"Hi, sorry I am late." Jimin said out of breath, sitting beside Miyoung and giving Lynn a crooked smile. The girl smiled skeptically at him.

And with that the three ate in a somewhat quiet atmosphere, Lynn too tired to say anything and Miyoung and Jimin seemingly too awkward to strike any conversation. And this only added to Lynn's suspicions, but again, she let them be, it would definitely do no good if she coax it out of them.

 

 

 

 

 

Saturdays were days to sleep in, and to catch up on some rest. It was always like this for Lynn. So when Minah attempted to wake her up before noon she had every right to curse at her. Lynn was only human after all.

" off Minah. I am exhausted." Lynn yelled, pulling her blanket over her head in an attempt to shield her eyes from the offending light.

"Lynn please, I need you. Please." Minah pleaded, tugging lynn's blanket.

Lynn groaned, knowing fully that Minah won't leave her alone till she gets what she wants. "Okay okay." Lynn threw the covers off her, glaring at Minah. "What do you want?"

"Your phone."

"Come again?"

"I have a date with Jungkook, and we planned to meet up at this restaurant, but I don't know the way so he was going to call me to lead me to it, but my phone died and Haewon isn't here and I only have you."

Lynn stared, dumbfounded, at Minah, her hazy mind slow to process everything the elder was saying. "You want my phone?"

"Yeah please."

Lynn gulped nervously. "My baby?"

"Lynn just today. Please." Minah huffed, giving Lynn her best puppy eyes.

"I hate you." Lynn muttered, reaching for her phone on her night stand and Minah's face lighted up, as she jumped on Lynn and engulfed her in a bear hug. "Thank you."

"Whatever." Lynn hissed, trying to steathly delete Jungkook's number and messages. Deleting her whole call history at that.

"Hey, why are you deleting Jinyoung's messages?" Minah asked before a knowing look took over her face. "So there issomething between you two. I really didn't believe Haewon last time."

Lynn groaned. "There's nothing." She said distractedly. Mind not on Minah, but all the possible disasters that may happen while the girl had her phone.

And holy , what if Jungkook texted her. What if Minah called or texted him and he thought it was Lynn and said something ed up, when Minah didn't even know the two had each others numbers.

Lynn was screwed. Big time.

"Anyway, I'll go fix my make up then leave. I don't want to keep Jungkook waiting." Minah informed, clutching Lynn's phone in her hand and the latter nodded, giving her a small pained smile.

The moment minah left the room Lynn bolted from her bed, running to the bathroom to wash up and change her clothes as fast as humanely possible.

 

The run to Jungkook's dorm was something Lynn was used to by now. But it didn't mean she enjoyed it. And by the time she reached the said dorm she was in dear need for water, and prolly oxygen too.

She slammed the door with her palm repeatedly, hoping that Jungkook hadn't left yet.

"Hello?" Someone opened the door, not Jungkook to Lynn's chagrin, the girl groaned, ignoring the boy and running past him and to Jungkook's room.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter