Part (3/?) : It's Just A Kiss

It started out with a kiss (how did it end up like this?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lynn had no excuse to why she was at Miyoung’s door at 4AM in her birthday night. Miyoung stared at Lynn pointedly, eyes trailing down Lynn’s appearance blankly. The younger girl looked at the floor nervously, extremely aware of how wrecked she looked.

“Lynn,” Miyoung muttered with a stern voice and Lynn raised her gaze from the floor, looking at Miyoung with tired eyes. “Come in,” The elder finally said after too long, deciding against voicing her thoughts. Lynn smiled in gratefulness, dragging herself to her friend’s room, which she had been sleeping in more than in her own.

Miyoung sighed worriedly, following after her friend and tugging both of them under her blanket. “Why would go to him in your birthday night?” Miyoung whispered, voice too low for Lynn, who was laying beside her, to hear.

Glancing at her friend confusedly, Lynn hummed in question. Miyoung smiled, shaking her head slightly. “Nothing, nothing. I just said Happy Birthday.”

Lynn grinned sleepily, eyes closed as she leaned her head on her friend’s shoulder. “Thank you Miyoungie.” She slurred.

“Good night lynnie,” Miyoung breathed, but silence was her only answered.

 

 

 

 

“Lynn, wake up! Lynn,” Miyoung yelled, shaking Lynn repeatedly. The latter stirred in her sleep, groaning. “What?” Lynn whined, eyes barely open.

“Your phone has been ringing for a while.” Miyoung informed, handing Lynn the buzzing device.

Grunting, Lynn answered the call, left hand pressing the phone clumsily to her ear while she rubbed her eyes with her right hand. “Yeah?”

“Lynn! Are you asleep? We are supposed to go now!” Minah said hectically, and Lynn could hear Haewon whining about being woken up early.“Why did you even sleep over at Miyoung’s? It could have been easier if we all got ready together-“

“Miinaaah,” Lynn cried sleepily, cutting the frantic girl. “Stop! Please stop. I’ll get ready quickly and come.”

“Okay, okay! Just don’t take long. You can’t keep Haewon waiting for too long.”

“I know. Let me go already.” Ending the call, Lynn smiled apologetically to Miyoung. “Baby, I have to go now, I am so sorry, but we will have tomorrow and-“

“I know Lynn, I know. Just go get ready if you don’t have a death wish.”

 

 

 

“Baby, I am going! Thanks for the clothes.” Lynn yelled, putting her shoes on.

“Those are yours.” Miyoung said, walking out from the kitchen while munching on a muffin.

“Oh really?” Lynn looked down at the dark red scarf, red sweater and black jeans she was wearing, Miyoung hummed. “Half my closet is your clothes.”

“And I keep wondering where they disappeared to.” Lynn said under her breath, opening the door. “Well then, I gotta go now or else Haewon will chop off my head.”

“Yeah of course,” Miyoung smiled adorably, teeth smudged with bits of the chocolate muffin. “Have fun baby.”

 

 

“BOO!” someone yelled as soon as Lynn set foot out of Miyoung’s dorm. The girl yelped, jumping from her place in shock and bumping her elbow at the doorframe. “HOLY !” Lynn cursed, holding her elbow, face contorted in a pained expression.

Jungkook burst out laughing,oblivious to Lynn’s glare. “Ow my god! YOUR FACE! ING PRICELESS!”

“What’s wrong with you??”Lynn yelled, heart beating fast from the prior scare.“I swear my elbow hurts like a !” she pouted.

Jungkook finally cut his laugh to a stop, to Lynn’s relief, as he feigned concern. “Oh sorry! I didn’t see that coming.” He then smiled playfully.  “Well, you shouldn’t have jumped like that.”

Lynn exhaled in disbelief. “Gosh! Now I am at fault for jumping cause your stupid scared me?”

“I am sorry! I am sorry! I was just giving you a preview for today.”

“Wh-what?” Lynn spluttered, flushed.

“You know, the amusement park? Wait, you were totally thinking of something ed up just now.”

Lynn gasped in fake offence, face flushed and hand covering . “Was not!” and a look at Jungkook was enough for Lynn to know that the boy didn’t buy her act. “I swear I wasn’t!!” the girl yelled in desperation, face turning redder.

Jungkook scoffed. “Yeah, yeah. Say that to someone who doesn’t know you.”

“.” Lynn huffed, closing the door after noticing that it was opened the whole time and then catching up to Jungkook who started heading her dorm’s way.

“Hey! What brought you here anyway?” Lynn asked, struggling to keep up with Jungkook’s long strides; she was a slow walker, mind you.

“Euh, well..” Jungkook muttered hesitantly, caught off guard by the question. “I was already at your dorm when Minah called you, and after hanging up with you, Haewon started whining and whatnot and I didn’t want to be involved in any of that.”

Lynn groaned, easily picturing her two dormmates arguing nonstop. “Tell me about it!”

“I know, right.”

Silence soon fell between the two. Jungkook slowing his pace after noticing that Lynn was two steps behind. The latter flashed the boy a sheepish smile, who exhaled merrily, restraining himself from ruffling the girl’s black locks.

 

 

 

 

 

“Look who finally graced us with their presences.” Haewon yelled to Minah, who came running from her room. “Jungkook! Where did you disappear to? I was calli-” the girl stopped mid-sentence, just noticing Lynn. “Oh, you came with Lynn.” She said, looking skeptical.

Jungkook exhaled through his nose, looking like he was dealing with a whining kid. “I was walking around and crossed paths with her,” Minah shrugged, seemingly convinced before she went out of the dorm, locking the door behind her and then clinging to Jungkook, pressing her face to his arm.

“You look like a couple.” Haewon observed, walking beside Lynn as the two followed behind the couple. Minah turned to her friend, smiling sweetly. “We are a couple, but thank you.” The girl replied, holding Jungkook's arm tightly. Lynn averted her eyes from the couple, because no, she didn’t want to slap that ing smile off her friend’s face.

Haewon laughed awkwardly. “Euh, sorry Minah, I meant Jungkook and Lynn.” Lynn choked, sending the girl a confused look, before glancing at Jungkook and Minah, the boy still had his back to her while Minah was glaring at her friend. “Excuse me?”

“No, no,” Haewon waved her hands nervously. “I just-, gosh, it’s just that their outfits match. Please stop giving me that look.”

Lynn glanced back at Jungkook, who wore a red hoody and black jeans. The boy chuckled, glancing down at his clothes before looking at Lynn. “Well I guess one of us has to change.”

Lynn giggled, opening to retort back when Minah beat her to it. “Of course Lynn would be the one changing.”

ing . “And why is that? It’s my birthday! Can’t I have special treatment?” Lynn forced a smile, trying not to curse at Minah, knowing fully well that the girl would probably cry, and Lynn wasn’t going to handle a crying Minah. Just no.

“Right. Give Lynn a break. It’s her birthday.” Haewon said, throwing her arm around Lynn’s shoulder and pulling her down to her height. Lynn smiled thankfully at the girl, remembering why she actually liked Haewon better than Minah.

 

 

 

“Minah, do you have a hidden superpower? I was sure today’s plans will get ruined because of the weather or something. But it’s such a good day for January.” Haewon said as the four approached the amusement park.

Minah smiled. “I sure do.”

“It’s called global warming, actually.” Lynn remarked and Haewon giggled, avoiding Minah’s menacing glare.

 

 

Reaching the amusement park, they set off to buy their tickets, Lynn searched frantically for her wallet or credit card just to remember that she didn't have her wallet with her the previous night and that she forgot her credit card at miyoung's dorm.

When she told the two girls about having no cash on her, minah and haewon  dismissed  her claiming that it's her birthday and they weren't planning on letting her pay anyway.

And with that Lynn followed them into the park, unsettled, as she watched jungkook pay for the three of them.

And as the four entered by the huge gates and into the park, minah skipped to the ferris-wheel as soon as she sat eyes on it, dragging a not-very-excited Jungkook with her. Lynn looked at Haewon in shock, not expecting the two to disappear the moment they set foot in the park. Haewon shrugged, walking the opposite way of the couple. And it took everything in Lynn not to glance back at the two as she followed behind her friend.

 

 

 

Lynn stared at the many rides and rollercoasters around them eagerly. "I swear I am going on all of these." She grinned, before glancing at a terrifying ride called the scissors that she bet all the screaming in the park was coming from. "except for that of course."

Haewon gulped, whimpering at the sight in front of her. "Lynn.." she mumbled."..I don't think I can go on these." the girl finished hesitantly, holding Lynn's arm as she tried to ignore the screams coming from around them.

"What do you mean? These look so ing FUN!" Lynn yelled excitedly, jumping around and almost tripping down if not for the steel hold of Haewon.

"Woah, easy there. You just go without me." Haewon smiled at Lynn who just shook her head, smiling slightly to mask her disappointment. "No its okay, let's just find something to eat for now, I am starving."

 

After finding some Korean snack Lynn didn't even know the name of, the two girls munched on their food, walking around.

"Oh," Haewon exclaimed with a smile. "Isn't that Jungkook and minah?"

Lynn looked at the direction Haewon was pointing at and true to her words the couple was walking towards them. Lynn smiled crookedly at the two, trying to ignore the unsettling feeling she got at the sight of minah still pressed to Jungkook’s side.

"Eating without us?" Jungkook said with a playful grin and minah giggled. "Isn't that better? We get to eat alone."

Lynn tried to chuckle, sounding like a ran over cat. "I thought we’re going out for my birthday. Is this turning into a double date?" Lynn couldn't help the sarcastic and slightly annoyed tone of her voice, and she just hoped the other three wouldn't notice, or just dismiss it as one of her lame sarcastic jokes.

"Does that make me your girlfriend?" Haewon chimed, winking and making kissy faces at Lynn who burst out laughing.   

And Lynn might be biased about tolerating liking Haewon more than Minah

"Let’s just stick together for now. Okay, Minah? We can go on our own dates on other days." Jungkook said, smiling reassuringly. Minah nodded while pouting, deciding on not voicing her complaints. The words 'but we rarely go on dates' burning on her tongue.

After that said, Jungkook went to buy snacks for him and Minah. Lynn tore her gaze from his retreating back to the Rollercoaster ahead of her, pouting and staring longingly at it.

"Lynn, you can go without me. Please stop looking like a kicked puppy." Haewon pleaded, giving Lynn a mock annoyed look. But Lynn only pouted more. "But--but.."

"But what?"

"It's no fun going alone." Cue exaggerated baby voice.

"Oh god, you are a giant baby, Lynn ju--"

 "I can go with you." Jungkook exclaimed from behind Lynn. Haewon brightened at that while Minah scowled. "So now you are ditching me?" The latter whined.

Jungkook sighed, running his hand on his hair. "Babe, don't be like that, it's just for a while."

 Minah huffed, jabbing her elbow on Haewon's side. "I thought you said you're not scared of these."

"I thought I wasn't. But gosh do they look scary!"

Lynn stood awkwardly on the side, witnessing the exchange of the three, unsure of what to feel. But she knew for sure she was feeling quite insulted by Minah's behavior,but excited, nevertheless, to be finally able to go on the gaddamn rides.       

"You coming then?" Lynn asked Jungkook, walking ahead and trying to escape Minah's suffocating presence.

Jungkook smiled, handing Minah the bag of snacks before catching up to Lynn.

"Of course."

 

 

 

"Do you think we'll die?" Lynn questioned as she stared at the worker of the rollercoaster adjusting everyone's belts.

Jungkook exhaled in surprise. "Why? You scared?"                                                             

"Not really. Maybe nervous? With my luck I can't be so sure. We may fly off or something. I just don't want my family to hear of my death from the TV because of a malfunction in a stupid machine or something. That would be pathetic."

"What are you even saying? Honestly you're not making sense."

"Am I now? Can't I just dream of a cooler death? Saving someone, a tragic accident, an unknown disease, mayb-"

The ride finally begun, efficiently shutting Lynn up. Jung kook smiled; amused by the girl who returned the smile with a nervous but excited one.

 

 

 

"Stop. Don't. Shut up." Lynn muttered with a glare holding on the railing for support as they went down the ride. Jungkook just continued on laughing, giving no head to her statement. "For someone who claims that they aren't scared you did an awful lot of screaming."  

"That's how I enjoy it."  

"Gosh, this is fun." Jungkook wiped a fake tear as he finally cut his laughter to an end.

"For someone who thrives to be emo you do an awful lot of laughing" Lynn spat, recalling the morning event.

"I am not thriving to be emo." Jungkook said defensively.

"Your face and dark, full of hatred heart beg to differ."

"Why you gotta be so rude? Don't you know I am human too?" Jungkook sang in a heavy accented english, fake sobbing.

"Did anyone tell you that you're lame?"

"Nope."

"Jungkook?"

Jungkook smiled. "Yes?"

Lynn grinned. "You're lame."

 

 

 

 

For the rest of the evening  Jungkook and Lynn went from ride to ride, like two excited, high on sugar kids, (okay, maybe they were, after deciding on skipping lunch and just inhaling sweets that Lynn didn't stop begging Jungkook to buy.)

And with every ride, Jungkook never failed to tease Lynn about her shrill screams and flailing arm, and Lynn would just pout, whining a bit before getting distracted by another ride or snacks stand. Which was happening again for the millionth time.

"Jungkoooook, look cotton candyyyy"

"Lynn! Don't you think this is enough sugar for the day?"

"But you see, it's cotton candy, as in cotton candy, you can't say no to cotton candy cause-cause… cause it's cotton candy!"

"What are you? Five?" Jungkook asked, but his voice had no bite in it, if anything a smile was tugging at his lips.

"For cotton candy I'll be five. I don't give a damn. I.want.my.cotton.candy." Lynn unintentionally said with her baby voice, huffing childishly.

"Okay okay, you ing baby. Let's get you cotton candy" Jungkook said, walking ahead of Lynn to hide his grin. Lynn cheered, running after him. “Man! You're the best!!"

 

 

 

 

"Oh that looks fun," Jungkook exclaimed for the umpteenth time that day as he dragged Lynn with him, the girl chuckled, getting used to an excited Jungkook and his huge bunny grins and high pitched screams and laughs.

"This is a ride to end all rides with." The boy added as they joined the long line of the said ride and as Lynn glanced at it her face paled, eyes widen in horror as she stared at the colorful bright banner that read 'The Scissor'.

"No!"

"What?"

"No! Jungkook! No no no! Not this ! Nu-uh! I can't! This will kill me for sure."

"Are you scared of this for real?" Jungkook chuckled when Lynn nodded repeatedly. "Come on, just try it! I am sure you'll enjoy it."

"Nope, I know I won't. Let's go Jungkook." Lynn demanded, trying to pull Jungkook with her and out of the line.

Jungkook stood rooted in his place, giving Lynn a pleading look. "Can't you just do this one for me? I went on all those rides for you."

"You wanted to go on them as much as I did." Lynn mumbled but it was obvious that her demur was shaken.

"But I bought you all those sweets!" Jungkook exclaimed. "I even bought you the cotton candy you're eating right now."

Lynn sighed, glancing at the treat in her hand guiltily, knowing fully that she can't say no to the boy now. "Okay."

"Really?" Jungkook yelled excitedly with a huge grin, before coughing and trying to hide his smile in an attempt to look indifferent. "I mean yeah cool."

Adorable, Lynn thought almost saying the word out loud, as she giggled at the boy's behavior.

 "You're paying my hospital bills if something happens. Or my funeral fees! I don't know anymore." She said instead.

 

 

 

 

"Lynn, you don't have to do this." The boy said, worried, as he looked at Lynn who was watching the line get shorter with horrified eyes.

Lynn breathed heavily, glancing at Jungkook with dazed eyes. "What?"

"I said that we don't have to go on this ride, you don't look okay."

"No, it's okay," Lynn shrugged. "I just realized that dying today isn't that bad, it would be cool. And I mean by that dying in my own birthday. Not dying in general, I am not suicidal or anyth-"

"We're leaving." Jungkook said with a decisive tone, but Lynn held into his wrist, shaking her head. "No, we are not. That would be called chickening out, and that's not something associated with the Tuans." And Jungkook snickered at that, yet kept on glancing at the girl worriedly every two seconds.

 

 

 

 

"HOLY ! NO" Lynn yelled as soon as the ride started picking up speed "OW MY GOD!" and then they begin spinning around, making a perfect circle and Lynn felt like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter