The Autocrat

Fervor (Daragon version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

12. The Autocrat

 

Jiyong didn't watch the screen, he wasn't intending to anyways, because he was busy sniffing her hair and breathing in the sweet strawberry smell emitting from it. Dara smelt just like when he had seen her last and he couldn't deny how much he preferred her aroma. It was almost as if he was getting intoxicated. But he isn't bothered right now, it's acceptable to be that kind of drunk once in a while. 

 

He slowly immersed his head and shoved locks of hair behind her ear, so that he could see her face clearly. After that, he inched closer to her face and started tracing her features with his sharp nose. Dara felt cold raindrops leaving his nose and falling onto her cheeks, and that's when she realized what he was doing.

 

*Freeze*

 

She was transfixed with his move, but couldn't turn around, because if she did, her lips would end up in unsuitable places. She couldn't turn away, too afraid he'll feel offended, or worse, insulted. That only left her with one solution: Look forwards and act as if nothing strange is happening, even though her heart is racing with the speed of lights and her palms are producing a sea of sweat. He brushed his nose on her cheek, back and forth, as if it was his thumb and smirked on how hard she was trying to relax her shoulders and stop the shivering in her legs. Her breaths were coming out in shallow rasps, but not even the fact that she could start hyperventilating anytime soon made his nose stop from travelling down her face. So chaste, he thought. So innocent. Yet so desirable. 

 

Dara's stomach dropped when his nose snuggled into the crook of her neck, and she was suddenly reminded on what he he had done to her the night she took him in because of his injury. She remembered how he had tilted his head and kissed the exact same spot that he was now nuzzling. The beat of her heart filled her eardrums and she felt her face burning. Oh God, I think I am going to die of heart attack, she thought to herself and pressed her palms onto her thighs- to stop them from vibrating. It didn't help though, only worsened their condition. 

 

His cold breath forced her eyes close and she started worrying about him instead. Why was he so cold? Oh yes, his poor dressing sense. Such a baby, she thought. Dresses in leather and thin fabric everywhere he goes. She could even feel the coldness radiating from his hands that were slowly and securely moving on her waist over the white tunic, but the frostiness wasn’t what was bothering her, it was his behaviour. First he walks in like a madman, then he speaks so coldly and after that, ends up wanting to cuddle? He must have serious problems.

 

Seunghyun is smiling the whole time and knows exactly why his friend is behaving like that; Jiyong is extremely jealous, plus he missed Dara and by cradling her now, he is openly yelling “She is mine” in Sebastian’s shame filled face. Seunghyun wasn’t intending on creating more problems between the two cousins, but he had to take actions in order to get the couple closer. He likes the scene, the position they are in, and most of all; how Dara’s hair is covering Jiyong’s face. From afar, it looked like he was sleeping in the curve of her collar, but Seunghyun know’s better; his friend doesn’t fall asleep that easily. Or so he thinks.

 

“Jiyong?” Dara whispered, she was trying to find out what he was doing, actually intending on doing. She thought he’ll lift his head and loosen his hold, but he did the opposite and she held her breath.

 

“Mmm?” He mumbled in her smooth skin, he was too busy examining her.

 

“Aren’t you watching the movie?”

 

“I am” Jiyong replied nonchalantly, to which Dara had to roll her eyes. One could clearly see he was not interested in the film at all! What the hell is wrong with him?!

 

“You should borrow my glasses, since you don’t have any.” Dara pushed further, if he continued closing up on her, she didn’t know what would happen to her weak heart. It couldn’t take the swelling anymore.

 

“Just watch it.” He responded, and when she was about to open in protest, he pressed his moistened lips to the curve his nose was currently residing in, as an indication that if she didn’t shut up, he would go further. And with that being said, so far she’d dislike it.

 

“O- okay” Dara’s inside was trembling and something in her body felt like erupting like a volcano. Blood was scurrying in her veins, she was afraid they’d burst because of the volume.

 

She sat frozen for a good five minutes, but then her muscles started to ache and she shifted uncomfortably and cautiously in her seat and later realized he wasn’t moving at all. His head was heavily laying close to the side of her jaw, and she heard his deep and stable breath brushing her flesh there. His chest was rising and falling with each intake of oxygen and only when she closed up on his tired-looking, yet peaceful face, did she catch the clue.

 

He was sleeping!

 

 

So tranquilly!

 

 

In the cinema!

 

 

She can’t understand how people sleep in movie theatres. It’s so noisy and bright and uncomfortable. He must have been very tired then. He sure is studying hard at home, she started reflecting and simultaneously moved his head to lay on her shoulder in a more comfortable way. She then moved her arm to support his frame from behind and ran her fingers through his wet hair, trying to get rid of the waterdrops.

 

 

* * * * *

 

The girlfriend let her boyfriend sleep until the movie ended and when the rest of the people stood up and walked out, she decided it was time to wake him too.

 

“Jiyong?” She asked softly and brushed her fingers over his cheekbones- something she would never dare do to if he was awake.

 

He didn’t reply, he was in a deep slumber, that must be the effect of not sleeping properly for days.

 

“Jiyong, wake up.” She tried a little louder now, but to no dismay: he wasn’t being bothered by it.

 

“You have to try better than that Dara, he is a heavy sleeper.” Seunghyun who had just walked over chuckled of his friend sleeping so sweetly in Dara’s arms and Dara’s weak method of waking him up. “We’ll see you guys at the front, Jenny here has to rush,”

 

“Sweet!” Jenny grinned at the sight before walking off. She would have pulled out her phone and clicked a picture, but she had to rush to the bathroom in order to keep her dignity, which was now threatened by her full bladder. She knew that even the waste of one little second would make her do the job in her pretty dress and that’s why she sprinted off.

 

“Sebbie, help me!” Dara tugged at Sebastian's sleeve when he was about to walk past them soundlessly.

 

“Sorry Bambi, I need to use the bathroom!” He lied, he doesn’t want to face his cousin just yet. He needs time to recover.

 

“Ugh...alright, see you at the front.”

 

“Jiyong get up!” She nudged his arm and puffed her cheeks when he didn’t move. What is she supposed to do? She hadn’t dealt with heavy sleepers before, because everybody she associates with are easy to wake up!

 

“Jiyong!” This time, she shakes his shoulders.

 

 

He is not waking up!

 

 

Hu-hu what do I do?

 

 

She aims on lifting his head away from her shoulder, but then something unexpected happens; He takes hold of her wrist in a tight grip and gets to his feet before hovering over her little frame. Ready to attack.

 

 

Blink

 

 

Blink

 

 

“Oh,” He mumbles hoarsely, his usual morning voice now coming to display “It’s you.”

 

“Y-yeah,” Dara murmurs softly, for one second there she really was convinced he was going to attack her! “The movie is over, we need to go.”

 

“Oh” Jiyong repeats again, he thought he was sleeping in his home and some burglar or assassin had broken in to take him down. It is a good thing he left his gun in the car, or else he might just have pulled the trigger at her by accident. “Let’s go.”

 

 

* * * * *

 

Jenny greets them sweetly at the entrance and clings to Dara’s arm afterwards “Theo James is so hot!”

 

“I know!” Both giggle, while the guys roll their eyes. Who is Theo James anyways? Girls…..

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter