"How does it end?"

I choose you, Rapmonster!

Namjoon and I are sitting across from each other on the living room couch—surrounded by glowing candlelight dimly lit around us. Namjoon puts a blanket over me, making sure I’m tucked in warmly. He gives off a self-satisfied smile once he sees me snugged in tightly by his blanket. It’s the first time I notice how prominent his dimples are when he smiles. I look down, feeling my heart beat slowly speed up. His woodsy scent from the blanket is intoxicating me; it’s enough to keep a burning fire inside of me even though the weather says otherwise. “I’m really sorry about earlier.” I whisper, recalling the pain I must’ve caused to his manhood.

“It’s okay. It’s not like it was—“ Namjoon gasps as his turns his widened eyes over to me. “Intentional…” His voice is hushed as he keeps the look of skepticism burning intensely in his eyes.

“It wasn’t! I just tripped…” I say, blushing madly.

“Otherwise, I would’ve thought you were trying to seduce me.” He teases, smirking over at me.

“Seduce you?!” I almost topple out of the couch. Namjoon leans forward, grabbing unto the ends of my blanket. He’s too close. My chest heavily rises up and down against his. All I can hear are the candles crackling and the two of us trying to keep our gasping as silent as possible.

“You have no idea what you do to me.” Namjoon mumbles as he removes a strand of my hair out of my face. I swallow a huge glob of spit—feeling anxious and nervous all at once. Namjoon gets off me and retreats back to his original spot on the other end of the couch, seeing my reaction. He’s biting his fingernails, avoiding my eyes. The silence is overwhelming as the two of us just stare at the burning candlelight.

“Namjoon, I’m almost done with my story.” He looks over at me indifferently.

“Really?” I nod. “How does it end?” He sounds as intrigued as a child hearing his favorite bedtime story.

“She dies.”

“She dies?!” Namjoon spit takes—sprinkling his sour spit unto my face. “WHY?!” he gets out of his seat—wobbling from side to side a bit because of his cold. “How can she die after all they’ve been through?! You can’t just let Ramonster hanging like that! HE LOVES HER!!” His voice echoes throughout the hollow apartment. “He loves her.” He repeats himself whispering, looking at me.

“She wasn’t good enough for him,” I murmur.

“What does that matter? Love has no consequences! He’s free to love whoever he wants.” He plops down in front of me, waiting for an answer.

“She was never capable of love.” I say, looking into his pleading eyes.

“Everybody’s capable of love.”

“Except me.”

“What are—“ His warm lingering touch caresses the side of my cheek where I got slashed.

“The story’s done.” I put on a fake smile to give myself assurance. “There’s no more reason for us to see each other, Rapmon.” I grab his hands in mind and gently put them down on his lap. “Thank you so much for being my inspiration. You were my muse and I couldn’t have done it without you.” He rolls his eyes out of frustration.

“Grace!“

“Hyung!” Simultaneously, the lights flicker on just as BTS come barging in through the front door. “Why’s it so dark—“ They all stop in the their tracks the moment they see the two of us—one on the verge of tears and the other, boiling red with confusion--- as the glowing candlelight dance around us.

“Oooh~” J-Hope squeals in embarrassment as he bounces up and down, hitting Jimin repeatedly on the shoulder with his fist.

 

Author’s Note:

‘I choose you, Rapmonster!’ is coming to an end, everybody! Thank you very much for those who subscribed and left a comment every now and then. I loved reading all your comments and I couldn’t believe how passionate some of you guys were about Rapmonster. To say the least, it left a smile on my face whenever I read them. Thank you thank you! =)