Chapter 8

Memories of You

    "Let me just tell you one thing," Suzy stated as soon as Minhyuk stepped foot into her room, "Do not touch anything."

    "Fair enough," Minhyuk said.

    Suzy turned to her desk to organize her scattered papers. As she was cleaning up, she heard a rustle.

    Minhyuk was already lying on her bed, and was twirling something around his finger.

    "What are you doing? Didn't I just tell you not to touch anything?" 

    She stormed over. 

    Minhyuk was spinning her bra by its strap. 

    "Ah!" she shrieked and snatched it back, "What the hell? You ert!"

    "I didn't do anything!" he laughed, "But seriously? That's sad. Nana is bigger than you."

    Suzy's cheeks flushed a bright red.

    "You're just that shallow!" she defended. 

    Minhyuk put his hands behind his head and lowered himself onto her pillow.

    "Whatever," and he closed his eyes.

    "Aren't you even a bit worried?" Suzy asked suddenly.

    Minhyuk's eyes flashed open.

    "You too?" he sighed, tired.

    "It's the same with Woobin sunbae," Suzy stated, "Nobody seems concerned, except for your father."

    "I don't really want to talk about it," Minhyuk grumbled, "Shut up and be quiet. I didn't get any sleep last night."

    Right before he was about to take a nap, his phone started ringing.

    "God dammit," he muttered and threw his phone to Suzy who surprised herself by catching it.

    "What?" she demanded.

    "Pick it up," Minhyuk ordered and closed his eyes.

    "No," Suzy refused and tossed it back onto her bed, but Minhyuk didn't move. 

    On the sixth ring, Suzy acquiesced and picked up the call.

    "Hello?" she answered, exasperated.

    "Helloooo? Oppa?"

    A familiar voice. 

    Nana. Just awesome.

    "Who is this?" Nana asked.

    "Not Minhyuk. What do you want?"

    "Wait, who is this? And why do you have my boyfriend's phone?"

    Suzy's mind flashed back to the conversation with her parents. 

    She had actually said she was Minhyuk's girlfriend. Why?!

    "Hello? Anybody there?"

    "Sorry, wrong number," Suzy quickly said and hung up.

    "What was that?" 

    Suzy turned around and saw Minhyuk had opened his eyes and was paying attention.

    "Nana," she replied and threw him the phone, "But I don't know what to tell her."

    "Tell her what happened," Minhyuk shrugged, "Tell her the truth."

    "The truth?" Suzy repeated.

    "Yeah, that you and I are dating," Minhyuk said casually.

    "Seriously?" Suzy scoffed, crossing her arms and she sat down on the chair to her desk, "You're kidding me. You guys are really dating."

    "We were never dating," Minhyuk explained, "It wasn't official."

    "Uh huh," Suzy rolled her eyes.

    Minhyuk slid off her bed and walked over to Suzy. He placed both hands on the head of her chair so that Suzy was in between his arms. He leaned in until they touched foreheads.

    "You tell her this," he whispered and Suzy could smell his minty breath. Listerine? 

    "What?" Suzy said sharply, but she had a hard time keeping her voice straight. He was so close.

    "You're my girlfriend," Minhyuk finished and finally took his hands off the chair. 

    "I'm not going to do that," Suzy said, "It's a lie. And you've got plenty of other things to worry about. She called because she was worried, I'm sure."

    "I know," Minhyuk confirmed, "She's nice so I can't push her away, but there's a limit to how much I can give her."

    "Give her?" Suzy said.

    "Yeah, I've bought her dresses, shoes, bags, and we've kissed before."

    Suzy blushed again. Why was he telling her this? 

    Without realizing it, she brought her fingers to touch her lips. She had never been kissed before...

    "Are you fantasizing?" Minhyuk's voice broke her thoughts.

    She quickly brought her hands back down.

    "No!" she argued.

    "Anyways, yeah, I clearly told her before that I wasn't looking for something serious," Minhyuk said.

    "And what exactly would you give to someone you wanted to be serious with?" Suzy challenged.

    Minhyuk gave a coy smile.

    "My body."

    Suzy thought she was about to throw up.

    She couldn't believe this was the same boy she used to play with when she was younger.

    "What?" Minhyuk said, "Are you not a ? Wow! I totally did not expect that!"

    Suzy grabbed a book from her shelf and chucked it at Minhyuk.

    "Those things are personal!" 

    "I told you."

    "I never freakin' asked! And isn't that supposed to be embarassing information?"

    Minhyuk heaved a sigh.

    "I just thought you might want to know."

    Suzy narrowed her eyes.

    "Ha.Ha. Trying to flirt. Not really buying it," she said mockingly.

    "Hey," Minhyuk opened his arms, "We're dating, remember?"

    "Only because you're blackmailing me," Suzy stated, "I can't let my parents find out about that."

    "Why?" Minhyuk asked, "It doesn't even matter now. Unless, you wanted the perfect excuse to be with me."

    Suzy reached for another book.

    "Okay! Okay!" Minhyuk said, "I won't say those things anymore."

    "You better," Suzy growled. 

    "But it almost seemed like you were defending Nana before," Minhyuk smiled at her.

    "Defending her?" Suzy threw her head back, leaning on her chair, "She's the last person I had on my mind. I just don't want to become entangled with you."

    "I feel the love," Minhyuk hummed, hugging himself.

    Suzy's phone beeped.

    I trust that you got home safe? 

    It was Woobin sunbae.

    S: Yeah, i got home.

  W: everything ok?

  S: thats smth I should ask u

  W: nah, im good. i was thinking of resigning a while ago. plus u already asked me this. 

  S: true

  W: how r ur parents?

  S: my parents? since when do you ask about them? 

  W: im just wondering since ik they were probs hyped up that you got a "job"

  S: HEY WERE DONE ON THAT TOPIC

  W: this is a weird question and ik u prob wont know but have you been in contact with kang minhyuk? i need to talk to him about smth

    Suzy looked up and saw that Minhyuk was sleeping again. 

    Despite his actions and words, he was probably stressed. Her heart felt a pang of sympathy. The guy needed a break.

  S: no i dont know where he is. y would i? lol

  W: damn. its bc hes avoiding me

  S: ????

  W: theyve got a ton of people suing them.

  S: !!!!!!

  W:  yeah i mean tons of employees havent been paid for the remainder of their days

  S: seriously?

  W: yeah, and since they cant take out the chairman theyre trying to look for his son

  S: and youre looking for him too??

  W: yeah, i mean now that he's not my boss anymore, i don't have to say good things about it. the guy is a total jerk. AND a player, so if u eve get messed up with him, trust me. DO NOT try to be friends or ANYTHINGGG.

  S: how do you know for sure?

    Suzy looked up again. Minhyuk was breathing softly so that his chest rose and fell at a steady pace. He was so peaceful. In her room.

    S: idk

  W: ?? this is new. last time i checked u hated him

  S: for embarassing me at the yingwan ofc! but that doesnt mean im going to go out of my way to make his life worse

  W: youre saying im deliberately trying to make him miserable by asking for money i legally should be granted? wtf suzy youre being weird.

  S: sunbaeee its not that. Im just trying to say i wouldnt make such rash judgements on a person. i mean u said it too— work and personal lives are different..and its his fathers mistake not his

  W: you act like your his gf or smth. i cant believe ur actually telling me this. 

  W: whats up with you? suzy have you never seen the tabloids? 

  S: why wud i read the tabloids? theyre all false

  W: right..u would never read them :P but STILL there are some things that are valid. and whnevr minhyuk is on the front cover, its always something about how he was sighted with some girl and not paying attention to his work. honestly, im pretty sure thats one reason why the company became this way. chairman put him a high position so he could help out, but the guy never did his assigned tasks. and how do i know this? HOW DO I KNOW BETTER THAN YOUU? 

  S: ...you worked w him

  W: EXACTLY so stop trying to argue w me

  S: im not arguing w u

  W: like i just said before, youre seriously being ridiculous. ARE YOU HIS GF? NO THAT NANA IS

    Minhyuk's words rang in her head. 

    You're my girlfriend. 

    "That's right," she said furiously as she punched in the letters and clicked SEND. 

    S: NEWS FLASH i am his gf. we've been dating for a while. <3 i have my own secrets too