Chapter 11

Memories of You

    Okay, there was just no way that Suzy was dating Minhyuk.

    Woobin had rushed out of his room and was a moment away from starting the car of his engine when he heard someone tapping on his car window. 

    It was Kanako, all fully dressed in her fashionable model clothes...and a suitcase. 

    He rolled down the window.

    "Leaving?"

    Kanako nodded.

    "I just needed a place to crash. And I couldn't go anywhere in Japan. Mind taking me to the airport?"

    Woobin's heart sank. He wanted to go to Suzy.

    "C'mon," Kanako laughed and pulled on the door handle.

    Kanako was still his friend. 

    "So," she said as Woobin started on the road, "Who is this Suzy?"

    Woobin tensed. 

    "Relax," Kanako patted his shoulder, "I'm not gonna kill her. Dude, I'm over you."

    Woobin sighed.

    "Well, if you really want to know. She's a girl I met in college. She's younger than me, but when I graduated, we still kept in touch."

    "And who's this Minhyuk?" 

    Woobin scowled at Kanako.

    "Did you go through my phone?"

    "When you went to the bathroom," Kanako said coolly, "But like I said. I'm curious. It's not like this information is going to help me."

    "Then why do you want to know so much about it?" Woobin grumbled, slowing down to the car to stop at a red light.

    "Because," Kanako said slyly, "It's about you."

    She sneakily placed her hand on Woobin's shoulder, but Woobin brushed her off.

    "Stop it, already," Woobin said roughly, "I'm not in the best mood and nor are we dating anymore. You said so yourself."

    Kanako grinned.

    "So mature," she teased.

    She talked the rest of the way to the airport, but not a single word went through Woobin's ear. 

    After Kanako left, he thought to himself.

    How long had they been dating, if this were true?

    At the restaurant, Suzy had seemed flustered, but Woobin had thought that was only because Suzy had been kicked out of YinGwan. Or had it been...because she was nervous in front of her boyfriend? 

    A million scenarios piled into Woobin's mind, until Woobin couldn't take it anymore. 

    He decided to call her. 

    "Hello?" 

    Thankfully there was a response.

    "Hey, Suzy, I–"

    Woobin stopped. 

    It wasn't Suzy's voice. 

    It was Minhyuk's.