Chapter 10

Memories of You

     "Okay, so it's about time you get up."

     Suzy poked Minhyuk who had slept on her bed for at least thirty minutes now. 

     "Give me a break," Minhyuk moaned. 

     "Give me a break," Suzy snapped, "This is my room."

     Minhyuk slowly lowered the covers from his face and slid out of Suzy's bed, crouching on the floor. 

     Suzy watched him rub the sleep from his eyes, when she noticed something unusual. 

     She ran over to him and held his hands away from his face.

     "What the heck!" Minhyuk was startled.

     Suzy narrowed her eyes and then dropped his hands. 

     "You were crying," she stated casually.

     Minhyuk frowned.

     "No I wasn't."

     Suzy laughed.

     "Just confirmation that you're human."

     "Stop making jokes about it. Can't you see I'm doing my best not to even bring it up?

     Suzy stopped giggling when she heard his solemn tone of voice. She turned around and saw that Minhyuk was blankly staring at the floor.

     "I never did, but my father experienced some hardships growing up. The company was something he had started from scratch, but because of one mistake, everything he worked for is gone now," Minhyuk said in a low voice, "All gone." 

     Suzy didn't know how to react. Minhyuk had been an up until now. 

     "Acting douchey was my way of avoiding the situation, I guess," he sighed and covered his eyes with his hand. 

     He took another deep breath.

     "Sorry for intruding on you like this," he mumbled. 

     Suzy immediately regretted waking Minhyuk up. 

     She shyly went over to turn the lights off. She clicked the switch off and the room was dark.

     "What was that for?" Minhyuk demanded, trying to speak in his obnoxious tone, but you could tell he was exhausted.

     "You can't touch anything," Suzy stated as she opened her room door, "I'll see you in the morning."

     "I can sleep here?" Minhyuk asked her.

     Suzy couldn't see his face, but she was sure he was really relieved. 

     "For today. We'll have to see," she said.

     And she slowly closed the door behind her.