chapter 4

Make You a Star

Woozi's POV

 

Jeonghan picked up my small frame and ran out of school. He got to his car and put me in the passenger seat, once he got in and the ignition he called someone. But before I could hear the name my mind finally went blank.

 

Hoshi's POV

 

Seungcheol's phone started buzzing in his pocket. He answered it and then shot me a wide-eyed look. "Who is it?" I asked, just to be shushed and ignored until he finally hung up. "Who was it?" I asked again. 

 

"Jeonghan," said Seungcheol, walking towards the exit of the bathroom. "He's bringing Jihoon home because he out." He walked towards the door to leave the school. "Jeez, Soonyoung. What the hell did you do?"

 

I scrunched up my nose and shook my head. "I honestly don't know! That kid really just hates me." He hates me, I thought over and over again as we headed towards my friend's shiny black car in the lot. "Where are you going?"

 

"We are going to Jihoon's house to see how he's doing." He emphasized the 'we'. "I think he probably got dehydrated or something so he fainted. It is really hot today." We both got into the car and started on our way to Jihoon's house. 

 

~at Jihoon's house~

 

Seungcheol parked his car on the road behind a white one, which must have been Jeonghan's. We both walked up to the door, which was immediately opened by Jeonghan. He greeted us, and, thankfully, didn't yell at me this time. Maybe he realized that I was just some innocent guy trying to get to know his little Jihoonie. "He's over there," Jeonghan said, gesturing towards the pink haired figure sprawled on the couch. 

 

I walked over to him and looked into his face, which was paler than usual. It was cute, the way one hand was draped over his tummy and the other hung off the couch. It was some sort of dramatic pose that seemed out of place on such a quiet person. I chuckled lightly. "He'll be okay, right?" I asked. 

 

Jeonghan nodded. "He's fine. A little bit paler than he should be, but I think he was a little sick or something. Jihoon's not good in hot weather." He ran a hand through his own long hair. I couldn't tell if it was weird for his hair to be so long or if it was beautiful. "Well," he said, breaking the awkward silence, "his parents aren't home yet, so I'm gonna stay and look after him. Hopefully they'll be here really soon," he mumbled under his breath. 

 

Then I did something I was sure I would regret. "I'll take care of him! Really, I know a lot about dehydration and-and fainting and such." Honestly, I didn't know a thing, but I was sure I would be able to figure it out. Jeonghan seemed to buy it and nodded his head. 

 

"Thank you so much!" he said, pulling me closer into a hug. The way he did it made the action feel sort of wrong, but I ignored it. This guy was slightly off, anyways. "My parents would kill me if I didn't make it to my grandfather's birthday celebration."

 

I inched away from his hands settled on my shoulders and nodded. "Glad I could help," I said, giving a thumbs up. We said our goodbyes and I assured Seungcheol that I could make it home on my own. When they had left the house, I sat and stared at the pale face. His lips were slightly parted and, despite the rest of his pale complexion, were light pink. Suddenly, his eyes fluttered open.