01 The News

Queenka Meets Kingka
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 1: The News

"Why didn't you inform me first before going on your own decision?" I shouted at my mom. I know it's not good to shout at my mother but damn it, what she did was wrong.

 

"Please understand, dear, it is for your own good. Don't think that I don't know about your reputation at Starship and all the boys around you" My mother calmly stated.

 

"Mom!!! I have nothing to do with those boys. They just happened to like me and I can't harshly push them away, can I?" I screamed once more.

 

"Jung Jihyun!!! Stop the useless screams!!! You're getting married to Mr. Kim's son and that's final!! I don't want another word from you. Now go to your room and fix up yourself. We're having  a family meeting this evening." My mother concluded.

 

"URGH!!!!" frustrated that I could not say anything, I stormed to my room. I was not the type of person to cry in these situations, I normally scream my heart out and that's just what I did. Screamed my heart out. It was okay since my room was soundproof.

 

"if my father was still here, I wouldn't even be in this situation." I grumbled to myself. yeah, my dad passed away when I was only around 10. I loved him and I still do. He would always do whatever I wanted to the limit that it was good.

 

I sighed for the umpteenth time as I dialed my bestfriends number. She picked up within the first three rings.

"What's up, bestie?" Her voice resounded at the other end.

"Hi Bestie," I said in a not-so cheerful voice.I think she sensed my mood straight away.

"Yah!! Jihyun-ah, what's wrong? You know you can tell me!! What happened to you? Are you hurt? Which part hurts?" She asked so many questions that I just chuckled.

"Slow down!! I'm not hurt but something did happen." I said as my mood turned gloomny all over.

"Sooo, what happened?" I could tell the irritation in her voice because she didn't like to wait.

With a heavy sigh, I muffled my voice, "I'm getting married."

"What? What? I cant hear you?" She said again, irritated.

"I'M GETTING MARRIED!!" I shouted. *ugh!! I hate my temper* I mentally scolded myself. I could hear her gasp.

"WHAT!!!! That's the most absurd thing I have ever hear. Jung Jihyun, I don't find your joke funny" She simply stated.

"I'm not joking, I really am getting married." I replied sadly but then I heard her snicker. "Yah!! Lee Minah!! Do you-" She cut me off.

"So who's the lucky man?" She asked making me wonder too. I didn't even know wwho that guy was. Just that his surname was Kim.

When I didn't reply for a while, Minah grew impatient again, "Yah, Jung Jihun, answer me!!"

 

I let out a nervous chuckle, "Ahehehe, I don't know his name"
"What!!! How could you live like that?? How could you live not knowing your future husband's name?"

 

"I forgot, I guess" I grinned cheekily forgetting that she couldn't see me. Just as I was about to talk to her again, my mom knocked on my door making me almost pee in my pants. "Jihyun-ah, are you getting yourself ready?"

"I am, I am, I'll be right out!" I shouted back and then turned to my phone.

 

"Minah, talk to you later, it seems I have a meeting with this great future husband of mine" You quickly stated on her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter