07장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

    After the weekend I was expecting the old Oh Sehun to come and bully me like he usually did, but to my surprise he acted like I still didn’t exist. Did he finally learn to leave me alone? Did I actually succeed in making him leave me alone? Standing in front of my locker and hearing the snickers of his friends didn’t make me as tense as before. He was there too, leaning against his locker door, staring at his phone. I thought for a second if I should just speak with him, but maybe that would steer his old self and I really don’t wish for something like that now.

“Sehun, cheer up, man” Jongin, one of his closest friends, said with a sigh.

“Pass” Sehun muttered, voice ice cold. I sighed, closing my locker door. Was he acting like this because of what I said in the Cafeteria? I admit it, they were some personal things I said, and it wasn’t nice of me but all the times he humiliated me couldn’t even live up to what I said.

“Are you really going to be a crybaby--”

“Shut the hell up!” Sehun hollered, making me jump. Everyone stared at him, some quickly passing by. I turned around, eyebrows furrowed.

“Can you not shout?” I asked monotonously “Your are scaring people away”

“But I’m not scaring away the one I want” Sehun muttered, small glare directed towards me. Ah, there he is, the old Oh Sehun.

“There he was” I muttered, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

“Don’t tell me you missed me?” A smirk appeared on his lips.

“Not at all, so you can go back to ignoring me” I blinked at him, trying to pretend I was bored.

“Why are you speaking to her more than to us?” Baekhyun asked with a pout too cute for a boy, or at least too cute for a spawn of satan like him.

“Good question, I don’t even know anymore” Sehun shrugged, going back to his phone. I scoffed, turning to walk away when a loud voice shouted my name.

“Stop right there!” Jackson ran towards me, my eyes widening at him calling out my name so carelessly.

“Song Chae-Yeong!”

“Quiet down, will you?” I hissed once he stopped in front of me. Why is that the Wang siblings are so loud?

“Sorry” Jackson laughed, patting my head. I pulled away with a small glare.

“What do you want Jackson?” I asked with a sigh, leaning against my locker as he smiled widely.

“So, I heard you and Wendy are now friends--”

“We are definitely not friends” I corrected him, shaking my head.

“Then let’s pretend you are, as I was saying--Because you are now good friends, come with her to my first match, will you?” Jackson asked with a big smile, making me look away.

“I don’t exactly have time for that” I muttered, scratching my arm.

“Please, it would mean a lot to me?” Jackson leaned forward, eyes widening a little bit. I stared up at him with a serious face, trying to refuse him but finding it hard at the face he was making.

“Okay” I sighed, sighing “I’ll go with Wendy but if it takes too much I have to leave earlier”

“That’s okay”Jackson exclaimed, gripping my shoulders “Thank you for everything, Chae-Yeong”

“I did nothing though” My eyebrows furrowed while looking up at Jackson.

“For being there for Wendy, thank you” He whispered, patting my shoulder as he let go “See you later then, Song Chae-Yeong”

“Fighting!” I called after him, making him shout loudly back the same thing. Shaking my head, with a small smile I walked to class unaware of the glaring boy looking after Jackson, jaw clenched as he turned his head to watch me walk away with my small smile.

 

I started regretting accepting to go to the match. The field was filling up with many students, I even saw the teachers coming. The match was between some school from around the neighbourhood and ours.

“Com

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter