32장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

     

    Monday approached. It felt weird waking up and not having to go to the Hospital, and even if I went, it was just So Young. My chest still felt weird and sometimes it got hard to breathe and I suddenly ended up crying. While serving someone yesterday at the cafe shop, I suddenly started crying and Seulgi had to continue in my place. Because of that, I had to tell her that my sister died and I was feeling still unstable. She had a really bitter expression after and actually let a few tears fall, surprising me. She said she was really sorry and sad she couldn’t help me but it wasn’t her fault, I never told her.

After getting ready, I realized I actually missed my long, beautiful, hair. I couldn’t hide behind it anymore and that meant I was forced to face Oh Sehun and his minions from now on. Descending the stairs, my ears met murmuring voices. It was still weird to have dad home, to hear him in the living room watching tv or him being in the kitchen and speaking to mom. But it also felt nice to have him back home, because I missed him...the house was empty without his silliness and it will never be complete without Bo-Yeong.

“Good morning, dragon” Dad greeted with a small smile when I entered the kitchen. I glared at him a little before sitting down at the table.

“Morning and dad stop calling me that” I sighed, thanking mom when she handed me a bowl with cereal.

“You know I can’t” Dad winked as he read the newspaper, sipping from his coffee “You are my little dragon after all”

“No, I’m not” I muttered, continuing to eat my cereal quietly.

“Honey, you know how I told you about Miss Yan leaving?” Mom turned towards dad as she pulled her hair in a ponytail.

“Yes, what’s with her?” Dad nodded, eyes still on the newspaper.

“She was fired by Kim vice-president, and I have a feeling I might get a promotion” Mom smiled a little, stopping behind me.

“Does that mean you will stop coming home so late?” Dad raised an eyebrow, glancing at mom.

“Yes, I will come home at a normal hour” Mom patted my head when I finished my breakfast and took the bowl, placing it in the sink. I looked at her longer, feeling weird. Why was she acting so affectionate now? Couldn’t she do it while Bo-Yeong was still alive? I rose from the table and went to take my backpack, pulling on my boots.

“Chae-Yeong, I’ll take you to school this morning” Dad said, placing down everything.

“No, I’m fine” I shook my head, quickly going for the front door “I’d like to walk, I usually do that. It helps me wake up”

“Are you sure? I can take you, Chae-Yeong” Dad insisted, even standing up. Sighing, I opened the door and flashed him a small smile.

“Thank you, dad...but maybe some other time” I waved a little at him before closing the door after me. I don’t want anyone taking me to school, what I wish the less is Oh Sehun and his minions seeing my parents...I don’t need more mocking.

The feeling of walking inside school and being stared at felt a little bit weird, it’s been long since the students stared at me so openly. I guess it was my hair that attracted so much attention, I did cut it radically after all. They even pointed fingers at me and I sighed when I arrived to my locker, eyebrows furrowing when I saw post it notes on it.

‘Are you still here, ?’

‘Can you just kill yourself?’

‘Oh, look! Oh Sehun’s favorite person is still here!’

‘I bet no one looks at you with that pig face!’

‘I hope that offer is still up, I would love it to hit it up some time’

Taking the notes off and crumbling them in my fists, I swiftly opened my locker, throwing inside my backpack. Why were people so mean? What did they win by doing this?

“Oh, little Chae-Chae got our messages--anything you want to say?” Baekhyun’s bright voice made me shiver, lean more into my locker. My fists closed tighter and I glared at my books as I took them out.

“Chae-Chae, are you being a bad girl and ignoring me?” Baekhyun was much closer and my head snapped in his direction when he pinched my side.

“What do you want?” I hissed at him, stepping back when his eyes narrowed at me.

“Chae-Yeong” Baekhyun muttered, slowly a grin spreading on his lips “What happened to that long hair of yours?”

“Oh, why? Did you like it?” I smirked at him, regretting when Baekhyun scoffed, running a hand through his hair.

“Well, it could be pulled better--if you know what I mean” He smirked, making me shudder as I took out my books and closed my locker.

“You are a pig, Baekhyun” I glared at him, turning around. I gasped when I collided with a hard chest, heart beating faster when I realized it was Sehun.

“Knocking into me at this early hour?” He asked amused, but he had dark circles underneath his eyes. Did he not sleep? Was he going to try and kill himself again?

“I wasn’t looking” I muttered, stepping away but Sehun blocked my way.

“Why are you running away, Chae-Yeong?” He smirked, lowering his head a little.

“What do you want?” I hissed, gripping my books tightly when Sehun’s jaw clenched.

“Did you get braver throughout the weekend?” Sehun chuckled, eyes glaring at me.

“I’m not going to do this” I muttered, stepping around him but a hand in my hair stopped me.

“Did you cut your hair to become uglier, fatty?” Baekhyun asked with a laugh as he patted my hair. I jumped away, turning towards him with wide eyes.

“None of your business” I hissed, gripping the notes harder.

“Because you sure as hell look uglier” Baekhyun laughed and Sehun smirked, running a hand through his hair.

“And you know what?” I glared, raising my hand a little.

“I didn’t ask!” I threw the post it notes at Baekhyun, leaving him speechless as he stared at me, laugh dying out.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter