41장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

         

    Usually the weekends were boring. If I didn’t work I stayed in the hospital at So Young or cleaned the house or just studied. Sometimes I wish I had a more active life and some friends with whom I could go out. I could actually ask Kyungsoo to hang out with me but I’m embarrassed to do so and I’m still not that comfortable with Wendy and Jackson.

Racing down the stairs, I stopped in the kitchen to take the meal mom made for me when dad suddenly popped his head inside.

“Going to school?” He asked too loudly.

“Yes” I eyed him, making my way around him.

“Awesome, come I’ll give you a ride” Dad grinned, dangling his keys in the air.

“No, I can walk” I shook my head, trying to reach the front door before dad.

“Young lady, I said I’m giving you a ride” Dad rolled his eyes, suddenly hauling me back by my backpack. I groaned loudly, voicing my protest but of course dad payed no attention to it as he locked the front door after us and pulled me after him to his car.

“Dad” I whined when he opened the door of the car for me and pushed me inside. I don’t want him to take me to school! I don’t want anyone from school to see my parents, I don’t need more mocking from Baekhyun and Sehun.

Dad glanced at me as he drove down the road. I was trying to find something that played music but since it was still early in the morning all I could hear were news. Sighing, I turned it off, giving up. Seems like we’ll just stay in this somewhat awkward silence.

“Why are you always refusing a ride from me?” Dad spoke after glancing at me for the nth time.

“I’m not a kid anymore and I Iike walking” I shrugged, looking out the window. It was warm in the car but the wind was strong outside.

“But it’s okay from time to time, you know” Dad shrugged, taking a turn.

“I know” I muttered grumpily, heart beat increasing when the school came in view.

“Are you embarrassed with me?” Dad looked at me, eyebrows furrowed.

“What? No!” I exclaimed, turning towards him.

“Good, because I would feel really y then” Dad smiled at me as he pulled up in front of the gate, making me gulp. I turned towards him and gave him a tight smile as he kissed my forehead, I got off the car waiting for dad to leave as I waved at him. When the car was gone from my view I looked around making sure no one saw me. Turning around with a sigh, I jumped when Wendy’s face was in front of mine.

“Morning!” She exclaimed with a smile.

“So loud” I muttered with a frown, walking inside the school grounds.

“Wasn’t I always?” Wendy asked with a laugh, hooking our arms.

“Right” I rolled my eyes, shivering at the cold wind.

“How was your weekend? Did anything interesting happen?” Wendy asked with a smile, pushing the doors open.

“Not really” I shrugged, humming as the warm inside the school enveloped me “I studied and went to work”

“That’s it?” Wendy’s nose scrunched as she looked at me “How about we do something fun together?”

“I’m not really a fan of fun things” I smiled a little at her as she huffed, rolling her eyes.

“Since you are my friend, you have to be”

“Not happening” I chuckled loudly, stopping at our lockers. The hallway was emptier than usually at this hour. What made me curious was the fact that Oh Sehun wasn’t at his locker yet, which was weird. Jongdae was leaning against his locker, eating something as he gazed at my staring form. Realizing what I was doing, I turned towards my locker, opening it.

“So, Jackson is playing today against some high school team. Care to join me?” Wendy grinned at me as she leaned against her locker door.

“Do I have to?” I pouted, taking my books out. It’s not that, I would really like to go but what if Oh Sehun and his friends will humiliate me not only in front of my school but some others too.

“Yes, it’s mandatory” Wendy glared at me a little as she got her books as well “Jackson already asked me to tell you he’s waiting to see you there”

“Amazing” I grinned, making Wendy scoff.

“You are unfair” She muttered before walking away with a laugh. I smiled after her, lingering in the hallway for some unknown reason to me. I felt eyes on me, but I knew it wasn’t Sehun. He wasn’t even here so it couldn’t have been him. I glanced sideways, seeing Jongdae with his eyebrows furrowed.

“How are you, Chae-Yeong?” He suddenly spoke up, startling me.

“Good” I answered quietly, turning more towards him.

“I see you are making friends, that’s great” He smiled, making my eyes widen. Jongdae was nice to me, why?

“Yeah” I muttered, feeling like it was time for me to bolt “I should--”

“Yixing told me they saw you in the supermarket on Friday night” But Jongdae continued and it was rude to walk away from a person that was talking to you “Sehun disappeared at some point, Yixing said that too. Did he, perhaps, do something?”

“How would I know?” I snapped at him, alarms going off in my mind. Did Sehun lie to them and say he did something to me? Why was Jongdae curious? How did he even know when he wasn’t there?

“It’s obvious, Chae-Yeong” Jongdae chuckled, making me frown at him. Maybe he was right, it was pretty obvious.

“He just took off some cereals from a high shelf, he didn’t do anything” I huffed quietly, ears picking up some new coming footsteps in the hallway.

“That’s great, really” Jongdae smiled but his attention was stolen from me when Baekhyun leaned against Sehun’s locker with a loud huff.

“Where is this ? I have something to speak with him” He muttered grumpily, his jaw slightly blue. I eyed him curiously as Jongdae’s eyes did the same.

“Did you get in trouble again?” He rolled his eyes, pushing himself off the locker.

“Not that kind of trouble” Baekhyun looked away from Jongdae’s gaze as I remained confused. That kind of trouble? What does that mean? Are there more types of trouble, isn’t trouble simply trouble?

“He wasn’t picking up when I called him, maybe he overslept” Jongdae shrugged as he walked away quietly, phone in hands. I stared after him when I felt a new pair of eyes on me.

“Well, isn’t that Chae-Chae” Baekhyun grinned “Wouldn’t you know where our Sehunnie is?”

Glaring at him, I turned around and walked away hearing Baekhyun’s laugh.

“Good morning to you too!” He called loudly making me scoff at him. Good morning from him? Must mean he is planning something with Sehun for me, I must be cautious for a while.

 

As the end of the school approached, I realized that Oh Sehun was nowhere to be seen. He wasn’t at his locker and he didn’t show up to class either. That meant I had a quiet and relaxing day, which felt weird. Baekhyun didn’t pay any attention to me as he was busy being worried like the other boys about Sehun, who wasn’t picking up his phone up. It was weird not having him arou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter