23장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

    I have no idea for how long we stayed at the pool in each others arms, but I was still shaking when Sehun decided it was okay for him to stand up. My long hair was still wet and my legs were trembling when I stood up. From sitting so much they went numb, I can only imagine how Sehun felt since he was holding me on his lap too. The bell rang a long time ago and even though we both heard it, we knew we weren’t going to class anytime soon. Which is a really bad thing because that’s another absente and my scholarship is getting more and more threatened.

Sehun was able to stand up alone but was quick to catch my shoulders when his legs wobbled beneath him.

“We need to go to the infirmary” I muttered, picking up the bottle and hot packs while making sure Sehun was still able to hold onto me.

“No, we don’t” Sehun shook his head, eyebrows furrowed.

“Yes, we do” I glared at him, gripping his arm “You need to get checked...you might still have water in your lungs and the fact that we both are still wet is only going to land us with some hipotermia and a bad flu...so yes, we both are going to the infirmary”

“Why do you care?” Sehun whispered, eyes searching my face but I turned around. I don’t need him to see that I’m too worried for him, because I have no reasons.

“Because...I might get sick because of you” I muttered, back facing him as I started walking slowly. Knowing Sehun couldn’t walk alone, he was forced to follow me, one hand gripping my shoulder tightly. It hurt, but he couldn’t move around other way.

“I should get Baekhyun or Jongdae” I muttered to myself, eyebrows furrowed as we walked past the locker rooms.

“No, don’t get them” Sehun’s voice was low as he spoke behind me “I don’t need them throwing a fit in the school”

“But we have to tell them, they were worried” I glanced back, seeing him roll his eyes.

“You don’t know them--and I don’t want the whole school finding out” Sehun scoffed, hissing while clutching his head. I guess he has a headache, which would be the case since my head feels very warm as well.

“You should have thought about it before you did it” I fired back, realizing how harsh I sounded. This is definitely not the right way to speak to someone who just tried commiting suicide.

“You think I didn’t?” Sehun scoffed, his grip turning a little tighter “I thought about it every ing day”

“You need help, you can’t go around like this” I stopped walking, staring up the steps. He won’t be able to go up holding me like this.

“No one cares, are you deaf? I’ve been telling you this for the past hours” Sehun had a glare on his face when I turned back around.

“Can you stop it? People care and you have friends, family, who care about you, okay?” I snapped at him, getting fed up with his bull. Everyone has someone that cares about them even if that person doesn’t show it.

“I don’t have a family and my friends are fake” Sehun muttered, gripping the railing with both hands. I sighed, relieved that his tight grip was gone from my shoulder, he was turning it numb with his strong grip.

“What do you mean?” I sighed quietly, rubbing my forehead “If you saw what I did, you wouldn’t say that about your friends and your family...everyone has a family maybe they are just--”

“I don’t have one!” Sehun exclaimed, making me jump. I looked up at him, his face dark, eyes glaring hard “If I did have one, I wouldn’t do what I’m doing these days...if my mom was still here, I would have never tried commiting suicide!”

“Where’s your mother?” I asked quietly, looking at the floor. I was prying, big mistake. But I was curious, Sehun was in a vulnerable state and he was opening up, he was letting me see the real him...not his facade. And this is why I can’t truly hate him, because I know he’s not exactly himself when he’s bullying me. For a long time I tried convincing myself that something was wrong with me and that’s why he bullied me...but then I realized it must have been something wrong with him too, not just me.

“You are crossing your limits, Song Chae-Yeong” And I guess the old Oh Sehun was back as his face went blank, eyes suddenly becoming empty. I asked too much, who am I to know such things about him?

“Let’s get going” I whispered, my fingers trembling as I stepped closer to him. He was staring at my face blankly as I placed his left arm around my shoulders and held him lean against me. It was weird, and I was feeling uncomfortable because once again I was initiating skinship with Oh Sehun, but can you blame me? He can’t even stand normally.

“Hold the railing” I muttered quietly, avoiding his eyes as my heart picked up again. Why does it have to beat so fast? I know I’m afraid of him, but I also know he wouldn’t try doing something to me right now...so why? Sehun mumbled something before gripping the railing with his free hand and slowly, we started ascending the steps, one by one.

Maybe ten minutes later, I don’t even know a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter