09장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          Double update, so go back one chapter!

 

    Calming down wasn’t easy. I had been in So Young’s room for two hours now and I still burst into tears almost every few minutes. It was tough, because it hurt. I thought I was a strong person, that after two years wasn’t affected by what the others said or thought about me, but I was proved wrong. Oh Sehun, seems like he knew just right where to hit me. If I knew this was following the quiet before the storm, I would have prefered the storm to get over it faster. I couldn’t go to Bo-Yeong like this, even though my classes weren’t over yet, she texted me asking when I’d stop by. It was hard, hard to face her and pretend nothing was wrong when I was hurting, feeling betrayed. I never trusted Sehun, I always expected the worst from him, just not in this form, this hurt more than anything else.

“Chae-Yeong” So Young spoke quietly, placing her hand on mine “Can you finally tell me what happened?”

“I’m sorry” I shook my head, looking at my fingers in my lap.

“Chae-Yeong, I know something or rather someone has been bothering you” She said, her voice sad “I can read through you, honey. If you tell me, I can help”

“You can’t, no one can” I whispered, sniffling quietly.

“Chae-Yeong” So Young’s voice grew hard, authority in it “I am way older and I know I can help. I already know what’s happening”

“What” I looked up at her wide eyed, getting scared a little. Did she know? How? How much did she know?

“Because I was like you” So Young sighed, smiling sadly at me “I know you are bullied, but I never pressured you. This time something serious happened and you need to tell someone or you might get in a bad state. I made the mistake of never seeking help and that destroyed many possibilities for me. Don’t be like me, by speaking you only let out everything, the pain will be more bearable”

“You were bullied?” I asked shooked, I would have never guessed. So Young unnie was always so careless, happy and positive.

“Yes” So Young smiled, straightening a little up “There was this girl that would never leave me alone, she was jealous of me. Why, I never found out, but she wouldn’t leave me alone. She did pretty bad things to me but I always kept them to myself. If I told someone, anyone, I think things would have turned out better for the both of us”

“Are you okay now?” I asked quietly, looking at the wall. She survived, she’s still here. The wounds healed and she’s fine now.

“Thanks to her I am the way I am today, I became strong” So Young chuckled “Even though I hated it back then, in some ways I’m thankful today”

“I don’t see myself ever being thankful to him” I scoffed. Me thankful to Sehun? I don’t think so, not now not ever.

“So it’s a him?” So Young raised an eyebrow, looking at my profile “Perhaps he does it because--”

“He doesn’t like me, okay?” I snapped at her, looking at her “We hate each other, I could never like him and the way he is--he’d rather help me cut my wrists open than have to like me”

“Don’t say that” So Young sighed, leaning back against the headboard “You never know what brings the future”

“I hope a life without of him” I sighed, standing up, feeling a little bit dizzy “I’ll go to Bo-Yeong now”

“Are you sure you are okay?” So Young asked, looking up at me.

“I’m fine” I nodded, not bothering to try and smile. It was useless, she knew, then why pretend?

Walking down the hallway, I took a deep breath before entering Bo-Yeong’s room. I must act like I am fine or at least hide how I’m actually feeling.

“Unnie!” Bo-Yeong exclaimed when she saw me, about to stand up “You are very early”

“I finished school earlier today” I walked up to her, sitting down “Teacher didn’t feel well and had to go home”

“Oh, that’s unfortunate” I watched Bo-Yeong as she carefully walked to the window, opening it a little bit “I miss going out”

“Once you get better, we will go out, okay?” I looked at her black long hair. Hair just like mine, black, long and beautiful.

“Mom doesn’t want me going out” Bo-Yeong sighed, turning back towards me “She’s afraid something will happen to me”

“We’ll be careful and if the doctor says it’s fine…” I trailed off, shrugging. Bo-Yeong smiled as she walked back to her bed, sitting down opposite me.

“Unnie, what’s with that bitter face?” She asked curiously, almost succeeding in making me cry.

“I just didn’t feel well today” I cleared my throat, looking at her face, her skin too pale.

“Did something happen?” She asked with a pout “And where’s you backpack?”

“I dropped off by So Young first, so I left it there” I explained, playing with my fingers.

“For how long have you been out of school?” She asked, eyebrows furrowing.

“Half an hour” I lied, eyebrows furrowing when my phone buzzed in my pocket of my blazer.

“Okay” Bo-Yeong eyed me as I looked at the caller ID. It was an unknown caller, with a frown I answered it.

“Hello?” I asked unsure, Bo-Yeong leaning closer to hear as well.

“Song Chae-Yeong?” The voice asked, a male voice.

“Who’s this?” I asked, my voice trembling a bit.

“About that offer--since you are back in the business--” I abruptly stood up, ripping the phone from my ears and hanging up. Bo-Yeong looked at me confused, raising to her knees.

“Who was that?”

“Some wrong number, I don’t know” I shrugged, my hands trembling as I lowered my phone. Sehun wrote my phone number on the poster, which I have no idea how he got.

“Why does it feel like you are lying to me, Chae-Yeong?” Bo-Yeong asked with a sigh, sitting back down.

“I’m not” I shrugged, biting my lower lip.

“And you look like you need a hug, come” She beckoned me over with a bright smile. I blinked away the tears, not wanting her to see them. It felt so good to be back in her warm arms, but she made the pain stronger. I squeezed her to myself, making her chuckle into my hair.

“I was righ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter