25장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

    It was Saturday, a day I could spend without having to see the faces of the people I dislike a lot. Baekhyun’s words from yesterday kept repeating themselves in my head and I could barely fall asleep, but I had to force myself since today I’m going over to Bo-Yeong and later in the afternoon I have to work.

Taking a refreshing shower, I brushed my long hair, tying it in a high ponytail, applying some mascara on my eyelashes knowing that it would make Bo-Yeong happy since she always liked to see me pretty and dolled up. I pulled on my high waist, white pants and took on my off shoulder, light blue, top tucking it inside my pants. Knowing that I would spend more time today with Bo-Yeong, I placed my golden thin necklace from her around my neck, securing it finally after getting angry that I just couldn’t clasp it shut. Taking my bag, I descended the stairs, heading for the kitchen to eat breakfast.

Since it was already nine in the morning, mom was long gone to work, leaving me alone. I quickly prepared my cereal and ate, heading to take on my long dark brown coat, wrapping a green scarf around my neck and stepping inside my blue high heels before locking the front door after me, heading for the bus station.

 

The hospital was, like always, buzzing with life and rushing doctors to go and save lives. Bowing to the nurse at the front desk I quickly made my way to the elevator, heading for Bo-Yeong’s floor. Her room was dark, meaning the curtains were drawn and Bo-Yeong was still sleeping. Quietly opening the door, I tip toed inside, making sure my heels didn’t make the usual clicking sound. Setting my bag on the floor, I sat down in the chair beside her bed, heart feeling heavy at the sight of my little sister. A cannula inserted in her right arm, perfusion entering her body at a steady peace. An oxygen mask sitting on her nose and mouth, providing her with enough air and aparats connected to her chest, making sure her heartbeat was even. I sighed, biting back tears as I carefully patted her left hand, making sure I didn’t wake her. She is so young, has so many years in front of her and yet she has to stay in bed, on the verge of not knowing what will happen to her next. Bo-Yeong doesn’t deserve this, why did things turn out like this? Why did it have to be her? I could be laying in that bed, forgotten long by everyone in my school, Oh Sehun probably curious why his favourite person suddenly disappeared, at least I’d have a quiet life before I die. I just really wish Bo-Yeong’s medication will help her soon, because since last month she’s been getting stronger pills and I prayed every night for them to make their effect. Yet here I am, and she is still getting weaker and weaker as days go by. Staring at her tan, yet fading in color, skin memories flooded my mind and suddenly I was lost in thought.

It was a very hot day, thanks to summer. I always loved summer, I could stay at home all day, sleep until I pleased and what was more important...it was Oh Sehun-less. I didn’t have to see the faces of my bullies for straight three months and that was the best feeling ever, I was free and happy. But I guess even that little happiness ends when your sister decides it’s a good idea to wake you up at ten in the morning.

“Song Chae-Yeong!” A shrill voice shouted outside my door, making me groan into my pillow.

“Go away!” I shouted back, voice hoarse as I just woke up.

“No, you lazy have to get up!” Bo-Yeong shouted back, starting to knock on my door.

“Leave me alone!” I groaned, rolling around my bed, almost falling down.

“I’m coming in!” She declared, voice firm as I quickly hid myself underneath my blanket. The door was snapped open, colliding with the wall, making me cringe. What is that crazy little girl so aggressive for?

“Get up” Her voice was right in front of me, and I rolled my eyes even though she couldn’t see me.

“No” I muttered, arrogance lacing my tone.

“Fine” Bo-Yeong huffed and I heard her storming off. I pushed the blanket off my face and smiled at myself, relaxing further into the warm sheets. Not even seconds later, hard footsteps were heard, Bo-Yeong obviously coming back to my room. I cracked one eye open but missed the cup filled with cold water and closed my eyes back, pissing Bo-Yeong off more. Cold water splashed against my face, wetting my cheeks and I accidentally inhaled some water. I sat up abruptly, coughing and glaring at Bo-Yeong who had her arms crossed in front of her chest.

“Are you up now?” My thirteen years old sister asked, her eyebrows raised annoyed.

“Yes” I muttered, my glare becoming more intense.

“I’m not scared of you, Young” Bo-Yeong scoffed, turning around and walking to my room “That glare doesn’t scare me”

“Why did you wake me up?” I groaned, falling back into my bed.

“You have to be ready in ten, Young” Bo-Yeong said, her head popping inside my room again, an amused smile on her face “We have to take Mrs. Han’s dog out for a walk...did you forget?”

“Mrs. Han’s dog?” My voice rose an octave as I chuckled. Did I forget? Oh god, I hate that dog! And I think that dog hates me as well...we just don’t click.

“Nine minutes” Bo-Yeong winked at me, walking away smugly. Of course, she was already ready and woke me up just now because that’s what my evil, little, sister always does. Groaning, I quickly rose from bed and ran to my bathroom, pulling my hair in a messy bun and brushing my teeth, splashing cold water on my face in order to wake up better.

“Five minutes!” Bo-Yeong shouted from downstairs, keys jiggling in her hands. I groaned, glaring at my closet as I opened the door to dress into something. I groaned pushing around my clothes until I found my favourite dress. I quickly pulled it on, checking myself in the mirror. The red dress reached mid thigh and it was made of a silky material, just perfect for the warm weather since it didn’t keep me hot, the dress being an off shoulder so I had to secure it at the front, lacing together the bindings.

“Three minutes!” Bo-Yeong shouted just as I ran out the door, heading for the stairs.

“Stop shouting, I’m done!” I rolled my eyes, taking two steps at once.

“Well, maybe if you woke up a little bit earlier--oh wow” Bo-Yeong’s eyes widened as she looked me up and down,

“What?” I asked confused, glancing down at myself.

“Did I ever tell you how beautiful you look in that dress?” Bo-Yeong said with awe as she stared at me wide eyed. I burst out laughing, patting her head as I passed her to head into the kitchen.

“You tell me every time I wear it” I muttered, washing an apple so that I wouldn’t leave with an empty stomach, I get hungry quickly.

“Because it’s true!” Bo-Yeong nodded furiously as she pulled on her pink sandals.

“Thank you” I chuckled, throwing away the apple I ate in record time.

“Should I wear something prettier?” Bo-Yeong pouted, looking down at herself.

“You are always pretty” I smiled at her as I clumsily pulled on my red, matching my dress, platform sandals. I glanced at Bo-Yeong as she kept pouting but nevertheless headed for the front door, opening it for us. She was wearing a pretty, short, white pleated sk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter