38장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

    I jumped away from the door as Bambam nearly ran into me. He shouted a sorry before running after one of his friends. How people can be so energetic so early in the morning is beyond my understanding. I’m glad I can wake up and get here on time, sometimes being almost late. I took a right turn, almost shrieking when Sooyoung blocked my way.

“Morning, fatty” She giggled as she watched me pat my chest.

“Oh, were you waiting for me?” I coed at her sweetly “So sweet of you”

“Ew, of course not” Sooyoung rolled her eyes, following me to my locker.

“What do you want then?” I glanced back at her, glaring a little bit.

“You know…” She trailed off, flipping her long hair over her shoulder “I think the make up session was a success last time, I was thinking if you’d like to have one again?”

I snapped my locker open, turning to glare at her, “I’d rather take my eyeballs out, but thanks”     

“Ew, that’s disgusting!” Sooyoung shrieked, making me cringe. It’s like she doesn’t have a normal volume and is always shrieking. I seriously don’t know how Sehun can stand her.

“Well, so are you” I muttered, digging inside my locker when I was suddenly hauled back.

“What did you say?” Sooyoung hissed, eyes turned into slits.

“That you are disgusting” I glared at her, shaking her hand off “All that plastic on your face doesn’t exactly suit you, Sooyoung”

“But it’s still better than having to look at that face of yours” Sooyoung sneered, taking a step closer “How can you look at yourself, Chae-Yeong? Doesn’t it disgust you to see your face daily? If I were you--I’d kill myself”

I tried not to gasp and ignore the pang in my heart at her words. Who was she to say something like that? What did I ever do wrong to her to have her hate me as well?

“Wouldn’t it be too easy if I died?” I rose my eyebrows, making Sooyoung roll her eyes “You’d be too bored without me”

“Oh, that’s true” Sooyoung chuckled, pushing me a little back “You’ve gotten brave, haven’t you? Sehun is slacking off, I think I need to have a conversation with him about this”

“I think your boyfriend is doing something clever for once” I hissed at her, turning around to get my books.

“Why? You think he changed his thoughts about you?” Sooyoung chuckled, leaning against Wendy’s locker.

“I really don’t care what any of you think about me” I rolled my eyes, pulling my pencil case from underneath the books.

“Well, he thinks you are filthy, poor and ugly. A fat who is desperate for attention, poor Sehun has to see your face daily. He said you smell cheap, I think he was right. And this new hair of yours? He was right when he said you look like a pig, makes you look fatter than you already are” Sooyoung chuckled as I slammed my locker closed, turning towards her fuming. I would be lying if I said her words didn’t hurt me. I don’t know why I had the impression Sehun would have only average thoughts about me. He does hate me after all, and he did call me a plain, ugly and poor girl more than once. But after everything happened, no...after what happened on Saturday, maybe my expectations changed. And I was so stupid to expect something good from him, because he is Oh Sehun after all. And I’m Song Chae-Yeong and it seems like I will never learn.

“When did he tell you all that?” I muttered quieter than I intended to.

“Sunday night when we were out on a date and saw a girl with the same hair as yours” Sooyoung grinned, my heart doing an ugly twist. Sunday, after Saturday. After what happened at the dinner. And the fact that Mrs. Kim asked me to take care of such an ugly person at heart made me fum with anger. I clenched my fists close, staring up at Sooyoung since she was wearing her heels.

“And do you know where your boyfriend was on Saturday night?”

“Out with the boys, of course” Sooyoung’s eyebrows furrowed as she eyed me weirdly “Why would you be interested”

“Funny, because I think I saw him around one of the fanciest restaurants drooling after a rich girl” I smirked when Sooyoung’s face fell “You should check your facts more thoroughly, Sooyoung”

Her jaw clenched as I turned around and left her there with her thoughts. Two can play at a game. Once alone I felt like beating myself up. How could I be so stupid and actually hope that maybe Sehun’s words were somehow genuine on Saturday. I know I sound so stupid right now, but I was hoping he would change. Perhaps try and stop whatever he was doing to me, but never trust Oh Sehun. It’s something I learned a long time ago and yet I still found myself having different thoughts.

 

It felt like Baekhyun was everywhere. Or maybe it was that on Tuesday’s we shared every class but it was driving me crazy. He would watch me in class and then walk by each break just to do something. Our classmates found it funny and were actually anticipating Baekhyun’s next move when they caught on what he was doing. It wasn’t funny, not at all. I was close to blowing up each break but I held back knowing if I did something I would be at fault, he was rich, untouchable.

It was one break before the long break that I really thought I’ll pull his hair out. I was busy working on some plus work the teacher gave me when he suddenly walked past slowly, but like always, I didn’t mind him. I thought he’d get it that I wasn’t going to react because it’s not worth it, but he is Baekhyun. And Baekhyun is an annoying that knows always what chords to pull. As he was walking back to his seat he knocked into my table, sending my pens flying to the floor as he gasped loudly.

“Oh, did I do that?” He leaned down to actually pick the pencils up. I narrowed my eyes at him, standing up.

“Yes” I glared at him, reaching for the pens but he just shook his head.

“You have to ask for them, Chae-Yeong” Baekhyun shook his head in a scolding way, as if I was a bad kid not listening to him. I bit my lower lip, pushing away my quickly building anger.

“Give them back” I muttered, staring at his hand as he held the pencils firmly.

“Is that how your parents taught you to speak?” Baekhyun chuckled, pushing me down in my seat. I flinched in his reach, glaring up at him.

“You have to ask nicely” He smirked, placing the pens on the table but he kept his hand on top of them.

“And I won’t” I hissed at him “So either you give them back or I’ll take them back”

“Wouldn’t that be funny?” Baekhyun smirked, making me burn with anger “I love this fierce Chae-Yeong, even though you are crossing your limits”

“You crossed yours a long time ago, Baekhyun” I glared at him, stepping on his foot as he hissed and took a step back “Stop touching my things!”

“I’ll start touching then other things” He growled as he reached for my knee, pulling me down in the chair, almost making me fall.

“Let go” I hissed, fear surging through my veins.

“Scared, Chae-Yeong?” Baekhyun chuckled and stepped back when I went to slap him.

“Stay the hell away from me” I growled at him, thanking the universe the bell rang and that meant he couldn’t do anything else because the teacher would be back.

 

I left the classroom as quickly I could, almost running to get to my locker faster than Baekhyun to avoid him. Today I won’t go to the canteen and I feel like ignoring everyone, so I didn’t plan on telling either Wendy or Kyungsoo. Today was a day when Baekhyun was having too much fun and that meant I was forced to run until the day was over and I could leave.

I opened my locker as the loud laugh of Chanyeol came from across mine as he was having fun wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter