V. It's Too Hard..

Knock Me Out and Pick Me Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5: It's Too Hard..

 

"Hey" Jongin strolls in his living room with a blank face. "Just to make it clear. I'm straight. You know that right?" He tries to tell Kyungsoo casually but ends up thinking that it's more of an assurance for himself.

Kyungsoo's face falls for second before a detrmined look crosses his face. You won't be for long. Denial stage takes pretty long. "I know you remember?" Before Jongin could answer Kyungsoo continues, "What time is it?" 

"Morning." The tanned male suppresses a yawn and stretches his arms before sitting beside his hyung on the couch. He nonchalantly turns the TV on and puts his feet up on the table. He moves a bit, feeling uncomfortable but that can't help him. Jongin finally turns to his left meeting Kyungsoo's glare. 

"What?"

"Again, what time is it?"

This time Jongin looks at the clock and reads, "9:45. Why- oh !"

"Yeah oh " Kyungsoo crosses his arms and leans back on the couch while releasing a sigh.

"I was planning on going." Jongin adds, "Really!" when Kyungsoo didn't even look at him.

"Anyway, I just wanted to invite you to come with us for a vacation from the city." Kyungsoo tries his best to give a smile, but it came out too fake making Jongin feel worse. 

"How long did you wait?" He shrugs off the invitation, focusing more on the important subject.

"I was late anyway." Liar liar pants on fire. "Can you go?" Kyungsoo asks the question hoping that he would drop that topic.

Without a second thought, Jongin asks, "When? Where? With whom?"

"Slow down. We can go there now if you want. Alone." Kyungsoo wriggles his eyebrows and chuckles. Jongin just smirks but deep inside he's relieved that Kyungsoo isn't harboring grudges. "It's four days from now at a beach around 5 hours from here. Well, the beach house isn't mine. It's my friend's and two others are coming. You know Baekhyun and Luhan?"

"Baekhyun? Byun Baekhyun?" Kyungsoo gives a nod. "He sounds familiar. Aren't both of them in the school choir?" Another nod. "They perform in some restaurants right?"

"Yeah. That's why I know them." Jongin's eyes enlarge.

"You perform with them?!" He felt so bad for not knowing though they haven't really gotten to know each other. The tanned male felt as if they have a connection but can't quite understand what it is.

"Yeah. Shocking. Do I look untalented?" He laughs at his own question and says, "I just perform with them in some restaurants. It's only been like 5 times since it's just a past time for me and I'm not in the choir."

"Wow, I mean- I... Uhh- Sure I'll try to go." Byun Baekhyun. Jongin doesn't know why that name sounds too familiar. He doesn't want to think, so he shrugs it off. Maybe it's just really because of those performances. Maybe...

The rest of the morning was filled with small talks, nothing too eventful unless you count their bickering and childish jokes as the only interesting events in their lives. Kyungsoo eats lunch before he leaves since Jongin insists that he'll be damned until he has done something

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter