XV. Heat It Up

Knock Me Out and Pick Me Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15: Heat It Up

The cacophony of laughter and the steady beat of music livens up a three-story building, walking distance from the house of Minseok. A few people pass by and most keep their eyes on the building though not carefree nor curious enough to enter. Baekhyun continues to beckon the group over as if he could assure them that it is safe. 

"Come on guys. I searched in Google! Minseok hyung! Why haven't you been here?"

"I usually go to the resort with my parents, Baek, and we don't usually visit since the house is shared with relatives– not just ours."

"Ugh come on! Doesn't it look inviting?" Bakhyun turns his gaze to the weakest target. "Yeol?" The little devil subtly does aegyo and man that's one powerful sorcery. The next thing they know, they are all entering the building. Well, Jongin couldn't resist when Chanyeol hoisted up Kyungsoo to bring him inside. Once Jongin followed, Sehun wanted to make sure the hyungs didn't do anything stupid. He's one great friend after all. (More like he can't let them make a fool out of themselves without him capturing every second.) 

"Sehun, are you sure about this?"

"Nope."

"Great."

"Don't even think of a lecture Luhan hyung. We need to be here incase they do something stupid." Pride instantly reflects in Luhan's eyes and agrees to go along.

"Hey Minseok! Where are you going?"

"Home."

"Can't let them have all the fun!" Jongdae instantly grabs Minseok by the arm and drags him along.

Their surroundings had a beach theme that even the air smells like saltwater. Bodies sway to the rhythm of the music and all of them let the beat move their bodies in different ways. Sehun's eyes somewhat enlarge and blink a couple of times at Baekhyun. The room is filled with great dancers (not bad with the looks either) and Baekhyun just gives Sehun a smirk as if saying in your faces. 

"Go ahead. Have fun and let loose!" Baekhyun shouts to make sure they hear him over the blasting music as he wraps his arms around Chanyeol. Jongin and Sehun instantly hooks their arms around each other and drag themselves to blend with the crowd. Jongin rubs the top of Sehun's head in a brotherly fashion. 

"Feels like forever!" "Let's heat up the dance floor!" The two shout at each other. Jongin sends a swift glance to encourage the others but to the two's excitement, Jongin could only manage to give Minseok's sleeve a tug. The eldest could only comply and let his body move with the music. 

Three pairs of eyes filled with jealousy simultaneously stare daggers at them. Luhan gives Kyungsoo a sideward glance and bites his lip to restrain himself. Meanwhile, Jongdae has no problem with speaking out. 

"Do you mind Kyungsoo?"

"What? Why me?! Blame Baek. He brought us here." Just as he's about to transfer the blame, the couple is out of sight. People just love to have someone to blame so poor Kyungsoo.

"If you have to tie a leash, then do go on." Jongdae huffs, rolls his eyes, and crosses his arms.

"I'll treat you to drinks?" Kyungsoo attempts a peace offering but Jongdae doesn't budge and he can sense that Luhan, too, has a mutual feeling.

"Come on guys. They're just dancing!" To prove him right, the two follow Kyungsoo's finger as he points to the three trying to outshine each other with jaw-dropping moves. It would have been fine if only Jongin didn't do an over the top oh-so-drop-dead y body roll that Kyungsoo would have forgotten about being blamed if Jongdae didn't storm off to the bar. Luhan continues to watch as Sehun, too, follows Jongin's lead and Minseok adapts to his surroundings. He watches the three but seeing the smiles plastered on their faces and the crowd starting to be awestruck with their moves, he could only feel pride for the three but mostly for his proudly called boyfriend. 

Luhan places a comforting arm around Kyungsoo's shoulders and says, "Let the kids have fun for a few minutes." They share a laugh and head to comfort Jongdae.

The two were slightly surprised to see Jongdae and Baekhyun by the bar talking to the bartender. As the two friends get closer, Kyungsoo notices a slight accent in the bartender's voice. Luhan was amazed by the fast movement of the man's hands as he prepares the drinks and continuously throws bottles in the air to catch them behind his back. Both watch his calculated movements and clap as they approach the bar with ready drinks. 

The bartender instantly looks at them and gives a shy smile before saying, "Thank you."

"Byun Baekhyun where did you come from?" Kyungsoo asks with a penetrating glare.

"Chanyeol left me to survey the place." Baekhyun downs one shot in a go and winces. "Ahh. Something about experience for engineering." Jongdae gives him a consoling pat on the back. 

"Well, this place does seem to have a great layout."

"Thank you. The owners would love to hear that." The bartender says with a smile as he cleans the glasses. The man radiates a calming aura that the four friends turn to him and feel a spark of curiosity.

Jongdae glances at the spot where his boyfriend is and where a crowd is starting to gather. A feeling begins to bubble inside him and his eyes form to slits. He winks at Baekhyun and turns to give his attention to the bartender.

"Our pleasure Mr...?"

"Just Yixing. Zhang Yixing, but they call me Lay here." The bartender brandishes a heavy looking bottle and pours Jongdae a drink. The flattered male mumbles his thanks and introduces his friends one by one. 

"These drinks are on the house." Lay pauses a moment before his voice drops and tests out the name. "Jongdae." 

Baekhyun leans forward on his chair and asks, "So do you just work part time here?"

"You could say that." A dimple peeks on Lay's cheek and Jongdae admits that it's cute. 

"Curiosity kills." Jongdae looks at Lay beneath his lashes as he drinks from the glass.

"Might not be able to keep your hands off me when I tell you." Lay hears a choking sound and he takes out a towel to wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter