X. Status: Complicated

Knock Me Out and Pick Me Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10: Status- Complicated


Jongin's POV 

A soft creak of the door disturbs my heart-to-heart moment with Sehun. As the doors open wider, angelic voices rejoice and all I could repeat in my head is three words, 'I' 'have' and 'Kyungsoo'. Maybe, I also included the tiny detail that Luhan is dating Sehun and as friends say, "Bros before hoes." Well, technically, Luhan isn't one. Obviously. How could that petite face, smooth skin, blond curls that perfectly frame his face, and a curve of lips to complete that angelic face be one? 

"It's Kai right?" Well that settles it. I'm y, free, and single, ready to bingo. I haven't done any commitments. Screw it all. That lush voice could lure all men to do anything, I tell you, anything. I love how my name rolls off his tongue-

"Kai..." I sense a dangerous tone in Sehun's voice and I spare a stealthy glance at him. I fill my head with Kyungsoo. Ah, yes. No one can compare to those heart shaped lips. One that would only love me– wow wait hold the up. Where did that come from? ANYWAY, I have a plan in mind. He's taken but doesn't mean I can't use him. Well, that sounded... wrong. 

I start putting up my 'innocent act' and clear my throat. "Yeah. It's nice to meet you." I was about to take steps forward so I can shake hands with Luhan but Sehun expertly blocks my path, hooks an arm around my shoulders and grabs my hand to hold it. Meanwhile, Luhan's hand was left hanging so I whisper, "Sehun that's pretty rude. You can just say so if you want to hold me." I give him a smirk then one fast wink. All he gives me is a gagging act. Yeah, I expected it anyway. 

For someone who's in summer break, my brain has been working too often for my standards, but I accept the brilliant idea that is presented before me right now. It's mine after all. 

"Would you like to show our little routine to your boy?" I ask Sehun. I imagine little sparkles in Sehun's eyes as I give him this opportunity to show off his dancing skills to Luhan. I'm sorry (not really) but my love life is almost nonexistent and I think this is one way for me to win Luhan– not that I'd steal him from my beloved best friend. I have my reasons. 

Without a doubt, Sehun answers, "Fine by me."

I gesture for Luhan to sit a few feet away since we need a large space to freely move around. I turn on the music while Sehun and I do our individual stretches. I watch through the mirror on how Sehun purposefully prolongs some types of stretches to lengthen Luhan's 'great view' and of course I won't miss how Luhan's eyes are almost permanently glued on Sehun. That could change of course. I smile to myself.

The first song I choose is one of the simplest dances we know, but I'm sure it could play the most hearts. Playboy. I let the melodious tune guide my body. My limbs languidly moves in time with that inviting song. Of course, my plan is working. I feel a certain pair of eyes latch onto my figure with each roll of my hips and smirk that visits my lips. 

After, we did a few more routines like Run and Gun. I check the time. Perfect. I can make a smooth exit. I send a swift glance to Luhan to confirm what I already know. Yup, I got his full attention, alright.

"Crap. Hey I gotta go," I say while heading to my bag. I hold the ends of my shirt and slowly lift it up, revealing my glorious treasure beneath the layers. I tense my muscles, making the curves more prominent. This is what real chocolate looks like. Take a good look while it's out in the open. My back is facing both of them but I made sure the mirror could still reflect to Luhan what he's missing out. My skin is glistening with sweat, so I let my shirt travel through my body. I bare my neck, exposing more of my smooth skin–

"ing taking too long man." Sehun grabs the piece of clothing, roughly rubs it against my back and throws it at my face. "Wouldn't want you to be late chinggu." He adds with a hint of threat lacing his voice. 

"Got it." I do a silly salute and wear the shirt I packed. "It was nice meeting you Luhan." I give him a slight nod and a (killer) smile. He stares at me, mouth slightly ajar and Sehun pushe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter