A Piece of My Past 07

Extraordinary?

Double update~ Read the previous chapter first if you haven't ^^


Feeling really uncomfortable with the tension, I decided to cut it.

"Look at the time. I think I'll take my leave now?" My statement ended as a question as I pointed animatedly from my watch to the door, trying desperately to find an escape route.

"I'm coming with you," Kris simply added.

"Yea sure. Bye guys."

 

Once outside the dorm, "Do you wanna talk about it?" Kris asked.

"Nope, let's just leave it for now." I sighed.

Is it that obvious that something's bothering me?

"Alright then. Let's hang out in Myeongdong. We need some 'sibling' time together." Kris suggested and I went along with it.

 

We spent the whole day at Myeongdong eating, shopping and of course having fun.

"Ah! Since when was the last time we spent so much time together? I really miss those times." Kris started when we were on our way back to the dorms.

"Bull. You just miss those times because you leave the house with my but meet your friends and completely ditch me in the middle of nowhere." I retorted.

"Yah! Since when did I ever do that?" Kris fake-gasped, making me roll my eyes. As we continued our light-hearted conversation about nothing, some of the memories had us laughing like crazy maniacs. Though we tried to keep it down, we still attracted attention. Somehow, the conversation was brought back to this morning.

"Are you sure you really don't wanna talk about it? You know you can talk to me. I'm always here for you." Kris stated with sincerity reflected in his eyes. I contemplated.

Should I really tell him?

Just as I was about to say something, screams could be heard. With Kris facing me, he had to turn around to see the commotion while I merely tilted my head. His eyes widened in horror as he saw a hoard of fangirls approaching. He turned around an-

"Oh ! I'm really sorry Mei! I promise to hear you out the next time! I have to go now! Take care!" With that, Kris rushed off before I could even say goodbye. Opting not to be bashed up by the fangirls, I quickly walked off before any of the fans spotted me.

 

I had no idea where I was going yet my legs seemed to have a mind of their own. As I walked along the street, I couldn't help but feel bitter.

Well, seems like everybody just loves leaving me don't they?

At the thought, I chuckled dryly. I hated how despite The fact that I knew Kris was forced to leave, I could not help but feel abandoned. Too absorbed in my thoughts, I didn't see what was coming.

"Ah!" I stumbled back after my head collided with something hard.

A wall.

"I'm sorry!" The wall apologised.

"It's o-" Hang on a moment. 

My head shot up to see something I would never expect. Or rather someone.

"Jungkook?!" Before I could process anything, the name slipped out of my mouth.

"Oh gosh not so loud!" He pressed his palm over my mouth almost immediately, shutting me up.

"Hey, I'm sorry I bumped into you but I would really appreciate it if you would not announce my name to the world like that. I wouldn't want anyone to recognise me." He finished at one shot.

He doesn't recognise me, does he?

I smiled at him, probably freaking him out because I look creepy. I took a good look at him.

Nothing much has changed. Perhaps he grew a little taller, with more defined features and definitely a more solid body.

"Hello? Are you okay?" He waved his hands infront of me.

"Kookie." He seemed shocked at the name. Who wouldn't? It was the only nickname he somewhat liked and only I was allowed to use it.

"Hye Sun?" He stared disbelievingly at me, mouth agaped.

"You might wanna close that u-," I said jokingly but was cut off by a bone-crushing hug.

"It's really you!" He exclaimed, still a little overwhelmed while I returned his hug.

"I missed you," I whispered as he tightened his hold on me. Finally letting go, we both had a wide smile plastered across our faces. It's really weird though. I would have never in a million years expect a reunion with my ex-boyfriend to turn out like this. More surprisingly, the awkwardness that I expected wasn't there. Instead, I felt at ease with the familiarity. Jungkook and I decided to enter a nearby cafe to catch up on each other's life.

 

"How are you?"

"Wow. Just wow."

"What?" He defended.

"Seriously? 'How are you?' Isn't that too cliché?" I teased as Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"Whatever. Just answer the question." He replied and I let out a small laugh.

"Well, I'm pretty alright as you can see. Except for my forehead. I swear your chest is made of stone." I rubbed my forehead to exaggerate and Jungkooked broke out into a grin.

"I'm now a trainee in SM- What? Didn't think I could make it?" I tried to appear slightly offended at Jungkook's surprised face.

"N-no! I defi-"

"Relax! Just joking~" I laughed as I continued, "I'm not alone though. My friend got in as well so we're training together." I proceeded to tell everything to Jungkook, but allowed Sunji's identity to remain unknown. I recounted everything from start to end, beginning at how Sunji and I were accepted. How Sunji was selected for the annual trainee showcase and I was not and how I felt. How Sunji injured herself and how I was chosen to replace her. How  the other performers (I left out EXO since they were the mystery special guests) kept saying they were busy or rehearsing when they were actually just visiting Sunji in the hospital. How ed up I felt. Everything.

 

By the end of it, I was crying again (unsurprisingly).

"You know, you should talk to your friend. Tell her everything. You'll be surprised but talking about your problems does somehow help to solve them." Jungkook said as he comforted me in his embrace.

"I should?" I felt him nod. Jungkook decided to leave the topic as that and tried diverting my attention.

"So, do you have a boyfriend now?" I could practically picture Jungkook wiggling his eyebrows as he asked.

"None of your business," I said, delivering a light punch to his chest. I felt his chest rumble lightly due to his laughter

I missed this.

"Do you still like my chest so much?" He commented as I snuggled closer in his arms and I could only sigh.

"Are you still so full of yourself?" We both laughed and the rest of the night was spent on inside jokes and silly memories.

 

"Yah! Maknae!" Suddenly, someone roared through the cafe. Jungkook and I turned to look at who it was. Slightly terrified of the angry-looking guy and the gang with him, I turned my attention back to Jungkook and saw he was actually waving at them rather enthusiastically.

 

He knows them? And maknae?

 

"Hyungs!"

"You brat! What are you doing here?!" The angry-looking guy started as soon as he reached our table. The rest looked pretty worried.

"Oh! I forgot to inform you..." he trailed off embarrassinngly, scratching the back of his neck. The same guy opened his mouth, prepared to give Jungkook another round of scolding, but Jungkook beat him to it.

"Anyways! Let me introduce you guys! This is Hye Sun," He pointed to me I fought the urge to roll my eyes since Jungkook's hyungs were there.

 

Old habits die hard don't they? Still using me as a shield. I lightly shook my head.

 

"And they are my hyungs. My band-mates."He whispered into my ear. I stood up and bowed to them.

"Annyeonghaseyo. Lee Hye Sun imnida."



Kookie!!! <3

Awwww they're so sweet aren't they?? XD

~hillary0611 & geezeebee