Happy 17

Extraordinary?

After a long time, here's another update! Enjoy!


 

"Oh we're here! Thank you for walking me back and I hope you enjoyed our little date!" Hye Sun smiled as she made an inverted sign with her hands when mentioning the 'date'. Taeyong let out a small chuckle and he reached out to pat Hye Sun's head.

"You're welcome, and I did enjoy it. So much actually, that I'm already planning for our next date." Taeyong winked playfully and Hye Sun rolled her eyes. "Confident eh? And what makes you think I'll go?" She teased and with a grin, he merely shrugged in response, "We shall see."

"Alright then, if you're so confident. Now you must really get back and rest! Training is gruesome and you'll need all the rest you can get if you don't wanna mess up anything." Hye Sun ended with a light punch to Taeyong's chest. "And I need my beauty sleep as well of course," she added, "Gosh my eyebags these days are no joke."

"You still look beautiful." The words left his mouth before his brain could process anything. Just as Taeyong was about to panick, Hye Sun let out a short laugh.

"Thanks man. You always know how to make me feel better. You really need to get going now! Shoo! I'll see you tomorrow at practice alright? Bye~" She gave Taeyong a light push in the opposite direction before waving and making her way towards her dorm. When the girl was out of sight, Taeyong let out a sigh.

 

When will she ever take me seriously?

 

-

 

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8..." As the instructor repeated the set of numbers for the umpteen time, the trainees gritted their teeth. Beads of perspiration trickled down the side of their faces and onto the floor. They had been practising for 2 hours straight with no breaks in between from 9 in the morning and now they were exhausted. As they finished off the dance routine, the instructor called for a 10 minutes break.

"Finally." Sunji grumbled as she reached for her bottle and emptied half of it's content at one go. Hye Sun chuckled beside her as she wiped away her sweat. "How long have we even been practising? 2 hours? Geez, does she have PMS or what?" Sunji complained and Hye Sun nodded in agreement, too breathless to even speak. The 10 minutes soon flew past.

"Everyone back to positions! Before I start however, there is something I want to talk about. I'm not sure what are the rumors that you girls might have heard but this is an announcement that the company have decided to debut a five member girl group by the end of this year. Of course, the five will be selected personally by Mr Lee Soo Man himself together with the help of the respective trainers." By this time, murmurs already filled the room. "We will be monitoring your progress for three months so you have until June to show us what you are capable of. After that, the five chosen ones will be training together for 5 months, away from the rest. Everybody is to play fair and if I find out whoever breaks this rule, that person will automatically be disqualified. We have had a few cases in the past and let's just say, none of them ended well. Alright, that's all I have for you for now. Let's start!"

 

 

"I am sooooo tired!" Sunji announced as she dramatically fell to the floor. "And I'm starving. How does some ddeobeokki sound?" Hye Sun, who was seated beside Sunji, wriggled her brows suggestively. At the mention of food, Sunji shot up and pulled Hye Sun along. "Let's go!"

However, once they exited the room, they saw Taeyong leaning against the wall along the corridor. Upon seeing the two girls, Taeyong quickly pushed himself off the wall and gave a flustered smile.

"Hey! What are you doing here? The boys only start at 4 and it's only 1." Hye Sun greeted and Sunji parroted, "Yea it's only 1."

Taeyong scratched the back of his head awkwardly and explained that he was just dropping by to ask if Hye Sun would like to have lunch with him.

"Only Hye Sun?" Sunji teased and Hye Sun gave her a small pinch. "Yah what are you implying? Tch." Turning back to Taeyong, Hye Sun continued, "Sure I would love to! You don't mind if Sunji comes along right?"

"O-of course not!" Taeyong replied a little too excitedly and Sunji only giggled at the side.

Just as they turned to walk to the elevator, they saw EXO coming towards them.

"Hye Sun!" "Sunji!"

Both girls turned to look at each other with a puzzled look before turning back to face the approaching boys.

 

Hye Sun's POV

"Oppas? What are you guys doing here? No schedule today?" I asked as EXO reached us.

"Is that how you greet your favourite oppas, baby girl?" Sehun feigned a hurt expression as he casually placed one arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I instantly flushed while Sunji smacked his hand away.

"Hands off my best friend you ert! And for your information, uou guys are not our favourite. I don't even call you guys oppa." Sunji scoffed as she stood by my side protectively. "Besides, we are going to have lunch with Taeyong now so would you please excuse us."

"Woah hold up! You're not going to have lunch with us? We specially came to bring you out for lunch!" Chanyeol exclaimed as he put on his puppy eyes. I felt my smile drop as I couldn't help but noticed how he mentioned 'you', referring to Sunji only. I quickly forced a smile back on my face as I turned to face Sunji.

"Seems like we are going to have to grab that ddeobeokki some other time. Go ahead and join the-"

"No way are you ditching me. I'm going to have lunch with you and that's final. Taeyong as well of course." Sunji cut me off. "They," she turned to look at EXO, "can either join us or they can eat by themselves. Let's go!" With that, she pulled Taeyong and I by our wrists in the direction of the elevator. My smile grew wider and this time, it was a genuine one.

 

 

"Ahjussi!" Sunji and I called out the moment we stepped into the small eatery. The boys filed in after us and once all of them were in the shop, I swear the shop looked even smaller than it was. We moved deeper into the shop and seated ourselves at the tables right outside the kitchen.

"Oh!" Ahjussi exclaimed as soon as he came out from the kitchen. "Sunji ah! You came this time! And who are all these handsome men?"

"Yeap I did! They are EXO and that is-"

"Taeyong. I met him the last time he came with Hye Sun. Alright, enough of chit-chatting. You guys must be starving right? Food will be served in a few minutes," Ahjussi smiled as he excused himself to prepare our food.

 

Narrator's POV

Sunji and Hye Sun immediately took a place next to Ahjussi's side and clung on to his arm.

"We will help you! And you cannot refuse this time!" Sunji offered cheerfully and Hye Sun backed her up. "Yea, no saying 'no' this time! Let's go!"

The 12 boys watched as the ahjussi laughed and walked into the kitchen with the two girls by his side. Smiled unknowingly graced their faces as their hearts warmed up at both girls' kindness.

 


Hello everybody! Finally after a long time of not updating, this update is here :)

We hope you enjoyed this chapter as it is a relatively light-hearted chapter as compared to the previous ones :)

We apologise for not updating as we were busy with school and whatnot. Also, we will not be updating regularly in the few months ahead as both of us would be busy preparing for our finals at the EOY! It's a very important exam for us both so we hope to have your understanding :)

Till next time then! XOXO, pretty_ugly & geezeebee <3