[ Filler ]

Extraordinary?

Hye Sun breathed a heavy sigh as she locked her phone and slid it into the back pocket of her jeans.

"What's with the sigh?"

She shook her head lightly, indicating that she wasn't in the mood to talk about it. Sunji shrugged and left it as that.

"I can't join you for dinner tonight. Jongin somehow got the idea that because I've seen Monggu once and the dog had already taken a liking to me, I would apparently be able to pick 'the perfect mate' for it." She quoted, rolling her eyes. "Seriously, I don't even know what's going on in that dumb head of his."

Hye Sun stifled a laugh. Jongin seriously has the lamest excuse to ask Sunji out on a date. Like really? Buying another dog for Monggu? Really?

"Give that poor guy a break. Well, I'm surprised you actually agreed." She retorted, a knowing smile breaking out.

"What do you expect me to do?! He looked at me with that-" Sunji gestured messily at her face, voice strangely strangled.

Hye Sun stared at her, unimpressed.

"You mean, he looked at you like with the puppy eyes that gave you the overwhelming feels?"

"Gosh yes! How do you expect me to say no to his weird dog request when he's giving me that stupid look?"

Hye Sun laughed as she patted her best friend's shoulder, repeating sympathetically, "I understand, I understand."

"Shut up."

 


 

"I'll take care of myself so don't worry about me okay? You are the one who needs to learn how to take care of your own body. Mum would be worried sick if she knew."

"You brat. I'll be recovering in no time, you'll see. Hmpf."

Hye Sun chuckled at her brother's tone as she slightly shook her head. Both siblings exchanged a few more words before reluctantly ending the call.

It had been two weeks since Kris had left EXO, and one week since Hye Sun heard of her brother. The one time Kris had contacted his sister, she told him everything - the member's confusion, sadness and anger. Kris had seen all of it coming but hearing about it still broke his heart. After that conversation with Kris, Hye Sun didn't hear from Kris until that morning. The incessant ringing of her phone was enough to stir the girl from her sleep and the caller I.D sure helped to ensure she was fully awake by the time she hit the green button.

Hye Sun heaved a sigh as she placed her phone on the nightstand. The time on the alarm clock blared a blurry red '04:34' as her eyelids drooped shut.

The next time Hye Sun woke up, it was to a pillow thrown at her, courtesy of Sunji.

"Wake up idiot! We're late!"

Hye Sun shot of bed immediately and both girls got ready in record time. Within five minutes, they were already out of the building, running down the streets.

The ten-minute walk to the SM Building became a four-minute run as both girls arrived at the entrance breathless and panting.

"I... I can't…"

Sunji, equally out of breath, simply shook her head before grabbing Hye Sun's wrist, dragging her up the stairs leading to the training room. The moment they entered, all eyes in the room turned to them.

"We're extremely sorry for being late!"

"I would expect everybody to be on time for my lesson, Miss Lee and Miss Wu." The trainer started disdainfully before signalling both girls who are bowing at 90° to stand up straight. Someone in the room sneered. Sunji sneaked a peek and mentally rolled her eyes when she saw it was JiYoon.

What a loser.

"-ust join us. Wouldn't want to waste anymore time."

Both friends scrambled to join the class as the teacher turned back to face the mirror, starting the music.

 


 

Chests heaved heavily up and down as breathy pants filled the room. The gruelling dance practice since morning had been extended till late afternoon and with only two 'Take five!' in between the five-hour long training, the trainees in the room were soaked in perspiration and exhaustion.

With the trainer finally signalling the end of class, everybody let out similar groans as they plopped onto the floor.

"God I'm so tired!" Hye Sun complained as she reached for her towel and draped it over her face.

"You're always tired," Sunji retorted, grinning.

"Oh shut it. Let's go to Ahjussi's for
dinner! I'm having some serious cravings for ddeobeokki and barbequed meat."

"Geez your drool is so disgusting." Sunji faked her disgust before continuing, "Hurry and get your things. I'm ready to swallow a city."

"And I'll probably get the three-fifth of that city that you can't finish. Eating with you is seriously making me fat."

Sunji merely shrugged her shoulders at her friend's playful glare.

 


 

"You took forever in the toilet. Did you drop inside the toilet bowl or something?"

"Did you see Mina?"

"She was still in the room when I left after you. Said she wanted to practise for awhile longer. Why?"

"Alone?!"

"I guess so? Dude, why?" Sunji frowned at the crease between Hye Sun's brows and she certainly didn't miss the urgency in her question.

"Oh my god. I overheard Jin Ryung and Sora in the toilet and they are planning on eliminating Mina as a possible threat!"

Mina was undoubtedly one of the best dancers in class alongside Sunji and Hye Sun, and it was no wonder that many of the trainees had 'accidentally' tripped her more than once. It was really a miracle Mina could remain unscathed. Till now that is.

"!"

Sunji and Hye Sun charged towards the dance room and almost tore down the door. They flung open the door just in time to see Mina falling to the ground with her ankle twisted at an obscene angle while Jin Ryung and Sora both sported expressions of shock.

"Mina!"


 

a/n: CLIFFHANGER! Just because we can ;) Anyways, hey guys! We've finished our national exams already so we decided to do an update! It's not much though, just a filler chapter as the title suggested. We will try our best to update more often since we are done with school for awhile now but no promises! Gosh we're terrible authors XD As usual, comments and upvotes are greatly appreciated! :)