Heart-to-heart talk 09

Extraordinary?

⇒ Personally, I think it's emotional ( ‘Д‘ ) but you may think otherwise so yea.. :/

-hillary0611

 


 

Could I really tell her everything? Jungkook did say to talk to Sunji... But wha-

 

"Forget it! You can just keep everything to yourself and suffocate for all I care!" Sunji childishly lashed out and turned her back on me. I bit back a smile and placed my hands on her shoulders to turn her back. Facing her, I spoke. Spilling everything from how inferior I felt compared to her, to my knowledge that EXO had taken a lot little more liking towards her than me; from how left out I felt, to how tired I was; from how much I missed home, to my accidental meeting with Jungkook.

"I feel worthless."

"Wh-" I raised my hand to stop Sunji from speaking.

"You should know you are better in everything. Better in every way. Better than every one. Better everywhere." Emphasizing on better, I made sure Sunji got my point. "When it comes to auditions, you always get through. You always manage to impress the judges like it's a piece of cake, yet to me it's harder than ascending Mount Everest. I try twice as hard as you and I can only ever get half as good. You can dance like those celebrities we watch on television and you have a pretty face. Your grades are better though you don't even bother to study and sleep through lessons all day. You can write your own raps in minutes and even though I try so so hard, my lyrics sound immature and childish next to yours. You excel effortlessly and for someone as untalented as me, it can get really really really tiring just trying to keep up. But I want you to know that I was never jealous of you. Never. In fact, I looked up to you and I was so proud of you. I aspired to be like you even though I never did succeed."

"When we checked our mail and knew that we made it through the first round, I was over the moon. Finally. After countless rejections,  I had made it, and what made it better was that I made it with you. Given that we only made it through to the second round and that I might not even make the final cut, I was still happy nonetheless. In a way, I felt that my abilities were being recognized by someone out there. I was really happy for you too, because I knew you fully deserved it and that you were the real deal. SM would be stupid if they didn't accept you. Then we went for our second audition. As usual, I was freaking out and you were just you. No signs of nervousness or breaking down. You looked me in the eye and told me I could do it. You have absolutely no idea how thankful I was that you were there by my side, going through everything with me."

"Fast forward a few weeks later, wow, we were finally accepted into SM and we got our schedules. That ridiculous crumpled piece of paper that actually made me feel like someone genuinely wanted me to improve and eventually succeed someday. On the first day when we entered the training room and the instructor spoke to us, you actually, it was pretty damn obvious he had already liked you more than me, probably more than everybody in the room. You just had this... aura. He took to you and well, you didn't let him down. You swept everyone off their feet with your exceptional vocals, dance and drum skills. Heck, even your impromptu rap was perfect. You were simply fantastic." Tears had gathered in my eyes, threatening to fall.

"Needless to say, you had clearly made an impression and was even selected to perform at the annual SM Trainee Showcase. This is when EXO came into the picture. You were naturally spending more time with EXO and less time was set aside for me. To be honest, I was a little bit jealous. Jealous that you got the special showcase opportunity that I probably worked twice as hard for, jealous that you got more time alone with EXO, jealous that you weren't spending as much time with me, jealous that you were getting somewhere in life and I was stuck in my little bubble of self-pity. I know it's not something you could control and I despised myself for even feeling that way because we are best friends, and I knew you'd be nothing but happy for me if we were in each other's shoes."

"Somehow you injured youself and I was chosen to take your place for the showcase. I was honestly worried about you and if you were mad at me for taking away your chances, but the thought of performing onstage kept me going. Looking forward to spending time practising with EXO, I was disappointed again and again when EXO was too busy too practice with me. Apparently, they were more worried about you and your injury so they decided to ditch practice to visit you." I couldn't stop myself from sounding sour and bitter at this point.

"They probably didn't tell you anything so I'll choose to blame everything on them instead and you know how I could never find fault with you. I'm not gonna lie, I was really sad when I found out. I was taking a break, feeling tired and homesick, and at that time, Suho and Baekhyun dropped by and visited me, providing me with words of support and encouragement. Then Kai came and said the car was leaving so the trio rushed off. I'd already been practising for hours, and I felt that a visit to the hospital would be a nice surprise for you. Turns out I was the one who was in for the surprise. Ironic huh?" I gave a grim smile before continuing, wiping away the tears that had rolled down.

"That night, your injury worsened and you had to stay in the hospital. I was worried sick the next morning when I woke up and couldn't find you so I went to look for EXO, since they should be the last people to see you. Suho told me everything and I ended up sharing everything about you and answering all their questions. Kai asked me most about you and your life, your family, everything. What about me?" At this point, Sunji pulled me into a bone-crushing hug and I let the tears fall freely, not bothering to keep them in anymore. Sunji was crying as well.

"Oh god. I'm so sorry. I'm really so so sorry. I didn't know you were going through so much. What a terrible friend I am, I'm so sorry." Sunji apologised repeatedly as the sobs in the room grew. I tightened my arms around her as she did too.

"I promise to be a better friend. Please, can you give me another chance?" Sunji asked as soon as she pulled away. "What are you saying? It's not even your fault! Can't you see I'm the bad guy here? Can't you see I'm the unwanted one here? I get jealous of you and EXO wouldn't even want to be near me! Why are you still so nice to me? I should just leave and go back home. I've given up. I don't want to do this anymore. " My voice cracked as I finished my last sentence.

"No! It's not true! You can't give up! It's your dream! What about me? Please, I need you here! You've worked for this, you know you do can better. Please.  You know you can never give up on this. Not this. On me, on yourself, but never this." Sunji begged, new tears b in her eyes.

Damn. She's right. I've worked for this. I can never give up. At least not on this.

At the realisation, I cried even harder. Wordlessly, Sunji carefully embraced me.

"Thank you. Thank you for forgiving me and staying. Thank you so much." No more than a mere whisper, yet her words rung through my ears. After minutes of silence ensued and our sobs slowly becoming hiccups, Sunji spoke.

"Did you hear the news?"

"Wh*hiccups*at*hiccup*news?"

Sunji cleared in an attempt to clear the awkwardness lingering in the air. 

"The company is going to debut a new 5-member girl group." We shifted from our positions and sat facing each other now. "They are?" "Yeap. One of the co-ordinators came by yesterday when I was alone in the hospital. He told me that the company was planning to debut the girl group and the members of the group would be selected through some mini competition that's going to take place throughout the next few weeks. If we ace them, the possibility of becoming a member and debuting would be raised!" At the end, Sunji could barely contain her excitement and was close to screaming. Looking at her, I smiled.

 

 

 

Looks like we were still in this together.

 


A/N: Hihi~ It's a really longggg chapter >< Hye Sun finally poured out everything to Sunji and YAY!! They're still friends~ :) Was it emotional? Or just really boring :( ?? Anyways, hope you enjoyed reading!! (✌◠▽◠) ☜(ˆ˘ˆ)

→ hillary0611 <3

 

Co-A/N: Hello guys! We're back with another chapter! This chapter was really hard to write but I hope we managed to get out idea and intention across accurately! 

As usual do comment if you have any questions or suggestions! THANKS for reading! 【ツ】

geezeebee