Jealous 12

Extraordinary?

Sunji's POV
Before Chanyeol could knock on the door, I quickly stopped him. "Oppa, do you think you can manage from here? I don't really want to face the other members right now."
Chanyeol smiled reassuringly and said, "I can, but I think you should go in and say hi. The members have been so worried for you." Nodding in understanding, I let Chanyeol knock on the door.

The door opened and I hid behind Chanyeol's lanky frame, the warmth of his back providing me with the comfort I needed. "WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG YEOL?!" "JONGIN WAS GOING TO EAT ME." "Yeol did you get lose again?" The voices of the members all shouted at once. Being the helpful soul that he is, Lay quickly ran towards Chanyeol to help him with the bags of food. With his free hand, Chanyeol wrapped a reassuring arm around my waist and pulled me out of his shadow. Instantly, everyone silenced, and I knew that they must've been informed about the situation that happened that morning.

"Hey babe, how are you doing!" Baekhyun was the first to ask, breaking the awkward tension in the room. I smiled nervously and bit my lip. "I'm fine. I just dropped by to thank you guys for all your concern. I think I'm going to go now, bye." I spun on my heels and bolted for the door, only to have Chanyeol grab my arm and pull me in front of him so that he was somewhat back hugging me. "Nope, you're staying right here where I can see you." He declared. I blushed at the sudden skinship and reluctantly agreed to stay.

 

Kai's POV
Since when were they so close? Why isn't Sunji afraid of skinship with hyung? I guess she must be really comfortable around him.

"FOOD!" Sehun's obnoxious roar of excitement broke me out of my thoughts and soon, everyone crowded around Lay who had proceeded to the corner of the room with the bags of food.
"Ah! I'm so hungry~" Tao whined as he stuffed a piece of chicken down his throat before continuing with a slice of pizza.
"Me too! We have been practising since like morning!" The maknae added. Still observing Chanyeol and Sunji, I saw Sunji letting out small giggles at the members' dorkiness.

 

She's really pretty when she smiles.

 

"Kai, why are you stoning there? Come and eat! The chicken is seriously daebak!" Baekhyun called out to me, mouth full with chicken. "Oh! Nothing nothing..." I chuckled awkwardly and shuffled across the room, hoping Sunji hasn't noticed that I've been staring at her. As I sat down and started eating, I tuned back to Chanyeol and Sunji who were still standing at the entrance of the room.
"You, young lady, are eating with us. Come on." Through the mirror, I saw Chanyeol lifting Sunji so that she was standing on his feet now and together, they made their way towards us. I was shocked to find that Sunji, who rarely laughed, was literally cackling with joy. 
"Oppa! Stop it! I can walk perfectly fine on my own!" Sunji said in between laughter, catching the attention of the rest of the members. They all seemed slightly taken aback at Sunji's quick recovery from the day's incident.
"Ani. You'll walk perfectly fine on your own out of the room. Don't think that I don't know." Chanyeol replied with a grin, and then pretended to trip. Sunji grabbed onto Chanyeol's arms out of reflex and shut her eyes. "Hehe, relax. I won't let you fall. Can't bear to see you hurt." Chanyeol not-so-subtly whispered, causing Sunji to flush. With his long strides, they reached us and Sunji got off Chanyeol's feet. Looking at their close contact, I couldn't fight the jealousy surfacing and quickly focused back on my chicken again. However, my appetite was totally gone. As I stared blankly at my food, Kyungsoo who was beside me, had to continuously nudge me to keep me from spacing out.

"Oh no!" Sunji shouted out of the blue. "I forgot to tell Hye Sun that I'm eating with you guys! !" She cursed as she whipped out her phone.
"Hye Sun! I, err, I may or may not have forgotten to tell you that I wont be eating with you tonight. Were you waiting for me?" Sunii shyly confessed whilst trying to shush the members who were laughing like hyenas over a joke Baekhyun told with hand gestures.

 

Hye Sun's POV
"Great job everyone! We'll take five and then one last run through before we call it a day." I tiredly sat down and checked my phone to see Sunji calling.
"Sunji?"
"Hye Sun! I, err, I may or may not have forgotten to tell you that I wont be eating with you tonight. Were you waiting for me?"
"Oh... You're eating with EXO right? They're really noisy. Haha.. Don't worry, I was actually planning on eating with the other trainees as well. Oh! I have to go now! See you tonight!" I quickly ended the call, lest Sunji start to probe further. Sighing, I got up on my feet.

Guess tonight it's just me alone, again.

 

Sunji's POV
I frowned as I stared at my phone.

 

Is Hye Sun alright? She didn't even wait for me to say bye. What if sh-

 

"Anything the matter?" A deep voice broke me out of thoughts. "Oh! Nothing!" I turned to see Chanyeol looking worriedly at me. "You sure? You were frowning at your phone..." "Really! Nothing's the matter! Aren't you gonna eat? The food's running out!" In a second, Chanyeol's attention was off me and he was fighting with Luhan over the last piece of chicken. Smiling at the scene in front of me, I allowed myself to push the worrying thoughts I had about Hye Sun to the back of my mind and went back to eating.

 

Narrator's POV
In no less than 30 minutes, all the food was gone.
"I'm so full," Sunji sighed in content as she plopped down on the couch, giving her flat tummy a pat. Chen snickered, "No Sherlock. You practically finished the whole chicken in 10 minutes."
"Let's go for dessert now!" Sunji exclaimed excitedly as she got on her feet,  smiling at the dumbstruck faces across the room. "What?! You just said..." Xiumin trailed off and Sunji merely gave a shrug and grinned, "Who's up for some patbingsu?"

 


 

"The shop that you're bringing us to isn't at the end of the street is it?" "How do yo- You go there as well?!" Looking at Sunji's shocked expression, Chanyeol nodded a little too eagerly with a big smile across his face. "Yeap. Never thought you knew that place as well." 

 

Kai's POV
Walking behind everyone, I observed Sunji and Chanyeol at the front. Sunji was bringing us to this dessert shop that "sells the best patbingsu in town!" and the rest of us were following behind, trying to act discreet. It'll be terrible if there were fans flocking to us.
Chanyeol and Sunji were having an animated conversation at the moment and...

 

And they look really good together.

 

A sigh slipped past my lips upon the realisation. " You okay? You've been really out of it the whole night." Glancing to my left, Kyungsoo had concern written across his face. "Yep.  No worries." I gave a small smile and slung my arm over his small frame. "Kyungsoo-ah, did anyone ever tell you," I started seriously, "that you make a really good armrest." "Yah! You brat. I'm your hyung!"

 

After a round of delicious patbingsu, we decided to head back to rest. However, I was determined to talk to Sunji privately before we the night ends. Just talking as a friend. Nothing else.

 

Definitely as a friend. Nothing else.

 

Yet, it seems fate was out to play once again with me. As I allowed Kyungsoo to drag me back, all I could think of was it should have been me talking to Sunji right there and then. Not Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol's POV
"Yes oppa? Why did you want to talk to me privately?" Sunji asked with her head tilted.

 

Oh god. She's really cute. She has to stop doing that. I ca-

 

"Oppa?" Sunji waved her hand in front of me, snapping me out of my trance. "O-oh! Yea? What?" And then she laughed that laugh of hers that never fails to send my heart racing every single time.

"Oppa, you're stuttering."
"Aish, stop laughing. I just wanted to ask if you want to go out sometime for ice cream since you have such a sweet tooth like me. And I happen to have a great ice cream cafe that I believe yo-"

"Sure!"



A/N: OMO!! Did our dear Yeolda ask Sunji out?! A date aye~ ;) What do you expect Sunji and Chanyeol to do while on their date? Comment!! ^^

See ya in next chapter guys!

-hillary0611