Regaining Strength 15

Extraordinary?
 
"This needs to stop right now!" Suho's sudden outburst had Sehun falling off the couch onto the ground with a thud.
 
"Ouch!"
 
The leader was at the maknae's side in a second and apologising, his anger gone.
 
"Hyung, what needs to stop right now?"
 
"This. All of this." Suho gestured to the living room, hands drawing circles in the air. Confusion flickered through the faces of the members in the living room - namely Chanyeol, Lay, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Sehun.
 
"I'm calling an emergency house meeting now. Gather the rest."
 
**
 
Five minutes later, everyone was in the living room.
 
"So, what's the emergency?" Chen asked.
 
"What's the emergency? What's the emergency? This is the emergency! You guys are causing the emergency!" Suho's usually calm exterior was replaced by an agitation the members have never seen before.
 
"This depressing mood has to stop. Don't you guys realise how much time we're wasting away sulking? We don't attend practices, we don't go out, we don't eat well, we don't sleep well, we are not doing anything productive at all!" Suho sighed defeatedly.
 
Everybody fidgeted, visibly uncomfortable about the problem being brought up. All except Tao, who was yet again sitting at the window, staring out.
 
"Look! He needs to stop!" Suho cried out in desperation.
 
"If you guys can't get over Kris leaving, then I suggest you to forget about him completely."
 
Suho's words proved to be shocking for everybody, who had their eyes widened in disbelief. Even Tao, who turned his head in Suho's direction.
 
"Yes, I just said to forget Kris. That is, if you guys are uncapable of getting over him. I am angry at him too, but I also know him. He would never had left if things weren't bad. Kris might not have told us anything beforehand, but as his bandmates,"
 
"Ex-bandmates." Tao interrupted with emphasis on the first syllable.
 
"Ex-bandmates," Suho, unlike the others, quickly recovered from the surprise at hearing the scornful undertone in Tao's words. He continued, "we should support him and send him our best regards. We all know Kris is not a quitter, and most definitely not someone who gives up. It must have pained him to make this decision and I trust that it was something he felt was necessary and the most beneficial to himself. And to all of us. Regardless of how you might be looking at him right now, whether it is with betrayal or hate, just know that Kris did it for his happiness and our happiness and if you can't bring yourself to think that way, at least remember him as the generous and amazing leader he once was."
 
Taking the silence as consent, Suho went on.
 
"Hence, I would like all of you to unfollow him on all social media platforms. Leave him a last message, video, anything... And after that, I want you to stop all forms of communication with him. It's the only way to get over everything unless you feel like you're fearless enough to get over this issue without doing that."
 
Sparing a glance at Tao, Suho was just in time to see a tear rolling off his cheek before the male turned back to face the scenery.
 
After Suho's family meeting. The members slowly regained their footing. They started attending practices and slowly but surely got better. But the whole situation was still far from over. Matters were made even worse when Luhan suddenly got extremely ill and was perpetually tired and worn out. He was unable to attend practices and was sometimes sick to the extent that he could not even stand up without getting a severe migraine.
 
Ultimately, all the members followed Suho's previous advice about unfollowing Kris on social media. All but Baekhyun who was determined to get over the whole issue without having to cut ties with someone he once considered his best friend. The members all started to patch up their wounds and soon they were all on their way to the top once more. They were all busy with promotions as well as practise for not only their The Lost Planet Asia Tour, but also for the SM Town Family concert. All of them were worn out, physically and mentally drained and injured but they encouraged and kept each other going. But watching Luhan suffer in pain alone in his bed everyday made everyone all the more worried.
 
The members, aside from Luhan and Kris (of course) decided to speak to Hye Sun just to check up on her after what her brother had done. They wanted to ensure that the company did not do anything to her as a repercussion of Kris' actions.
 
"Hye Sun?"
 
Hye Sun looked up from her stretching and smiled as she saw the approaching silhouettes of 10 boys walk through the door. Murmurs broke out across the room. But as soon as they opened the door and stepped into view, Hye Sun's jaw dropped. They looked... awful.
 
"Oh my god. When was the last time you guys slept?!"
 
The 10 boys smiled at each other grimly, glad that Hye Sun seemed happy and that her relationship with them still remained the same despite her brother leaving the company.
 
"There's been... Ahem.. A lot going on recently."
Suho stated calmly, trying not to sound to aggravated and upset as Hye Sun bowed her head slightly in guilt.
 
"But, we're regaining our footing and we're going to be back on top very very soon! Anyways, enough about us, that's all everyone has been talking about lately. How are you and Sunji doing? It seems like it's been forever since we all last had a meal together!"
 
"More like we never actually had a meal together!" Hyesun joked, "You guys spent all your time with Sunji!" she pouted adorably and smiled. The members exchanged glances and guiltily smiled at her. "Sunji is doing okay I guess. She's been really stressed out about the new upcoming girl group and she's been practising like crazy. I really hope she doesn't hurt herself because she's bound to at the rate she's going. Ever since the last time with Chanyeol oppa she's had another one of those "instances" but it wasn't nearly as bad and she recovered really fast! The other trainees have been giving her a hell of a time though. They constantly beg her for you guys' numbers and dorm location. Without her around I've actually met a bunch of fantastic friends! We're both still really close though!" Hyesun shared animatedly.
 
Chen raised his eyebrows knowingly and smirked. "Friends you say... What's this I've been hearing about you and Taeyong huh?" 
Hyesun flushed a deep red and smirked back, "Nothing that concerns you oppa. Now get out I'm trying to practise!" The EXO members winked and sashayed out the room, leaving Hyesun to practise with her other friends. However, just before she was out of earshot, they heard her shout, "Take care of yourselves!" They all smiled.
 
**
 
The moment the EXO members were out of earshot, the other trainees in the room flocked to Hye Sun.
 
"You knew EXO?!" "Why didn't you tell us?!" "Oh my god! Please introduce me to Kai oppa! He's so hot!"
 
Hye Sun merely sighed and continued with her warm up. This was going to be a long day.
 
~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~
 
As predicted, the other trainees (mostly females) kept bugging Hye Sun in-between breaks and wouldn't stop.
 
"Look, I already made myself clear that I do not know where they stay neither do I have their numbers so stop pestering me." Hye Sun sighed for the umpteenth time, her patience at the limit. Practice was over for the day and all she wanted was to get home. The thought of a nice warm bath calmed her down a little.
 
"Bu-"
 
"Excuse me ladies." Hye Sun looked at the intruder, shocked. "Pardon me for stealing her away for the night. We have a little date." Taeyong ended off cheekily, sending a wink to the other trainees that had them internally squealing. There was no doubt Taeyong was the eye candy of most female trainees, of course, excluding Sunji and Hye Sun. The female trainees giggled and bowed before turning to leave.
 
"Thank you, Taeyong-ssi. You really did me a big favour." Hye Sun bowed at her saviour, smiling.
 
"How many times have I told you to call me
Oppa Hyesun?! Sheesh. And if you're really that thankful, you're going to have to return the favour by going out with me. I wasn't kidding just now when I said we were going to have a date tonight," Taeyong pouted.
 
"Let's have ddeobeokki!"
----------------------
(Co)Authors note: Hey guys! I hope y'all enjoy this chapter! Do comment and subscribe if you like it! It means a lot to us :) have a great day!