Chapter 22

Unforgivable Couple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After we entered the study room, my mother handed a piece of paper to me. "This is the copy i faxed to media people."

"The Lee family's eldest son, Donghae and eldest daughter Jessica will be joined in marriage.." I read the headline.

"Mom, why are you doing this?" I was frustrated.

"Because this is the last method, we have to save the Lee family."

"Why are you doing something so senseless,how the hell will faxing something so unreasonable save the Lee group?!" My mother shifted her eyes from me to my brother. "Fine, i'll explain it to you from the beginning."

My mother explained to my brother what she had told me this morning. But, my brother's expression just got grimmer.

"Absurd! It's something an amateur who doesn't even know the M in Management would think up." My brother rolled his eyes.

"Oh is that so?"

"What would getting  the stock prices up for a moment do, that won't be advantageous for the Lee family itself at all. Actually, if we're played around with the speculators, they will just fall back down right away."

My mother heaved a sigh. "You really are negative, just like that man."

My brother looked at me. "Jessica, did you know about this?"

"Uhm... mother, told me this morning but it's not like i approved."

"If you'd told me earlier, things wouldn't have become like this."

I looked down, mumbling. "Sorry.."

"It's not your fault, sorry for saying something harsh."

My mother smirked. "My my.. your marriage will be a ceremony that symbolizes the rebirth of the Lee family, we'll be able to sweep away that old image that has been clinging onto the Lee name,"

"That's just idiotic! in the first place, why do we have to marry!" My mother pretended to be shock as she held her chest dramatically. "My, you can't say that after sleeping with Jessica, can you?" She raised her eyebrow at him.

"What did you-"

My mother snapped him. "I won't let you say that you don't have that sort of relationship, even though i look like this, i'm a mother."

My brother seemed lost of words.

"Or are you saying that you were just fooling around with Jessica?"

"I wasn't fooling around."

"Then there's no problem, you've already called off the engagement with Yoona, haven't you?" 

"But dad.. we're brother and sister."

This time my mother rolled her eyes at my brother. "That person wants you to cooperate with Jessica to rebuild the Lee family. This lives up to that hope. Don't you think it's the best idea?" She smiled.

"The reason dad collapsed was because he found out about our relationship, he wouldn't want us to marry."

"Well, you cannot know without asking him." She shrugged her shoulders.

"There's no way i could ask dad that now, right?!"

"He knew your relationship, as a relationship between a man and a woman, that is. The point is, the only way to make over the Lee family is with a gamble." My mother nodded.

"You probably don't know, but the Lee family still has a hope, we don't need to do something like this."

My mother folded her arms over h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter