Prolog

Unforgivable Couple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My brother, wearing a suit was surrounded by a great number of people in the center of the showy party hall. Everyone was congratulating and encouraging my brother's trip with smiles and laughter.

"Donghae, you've really gotten stronger! You'll be fine whenever you go to follow your father's footsteps."  Said guest A

"Going straight to the New York branch after  graduating from university. The Lee group will be secure then." Said guest B

"Haha, that's a bit hasty." Said my brother. then my dad popped up in the conversation. "You don't have time to be saying naive things, Donghae. Don't forget you'll be taking over the Lee group." Said my dad while patting my brother's shoulder.

"Dad...not you too. Even though you don't have any intention to hand the position over to me."

Dad just shrugged. "I'm just saying to be prepared."

 "Couldn't you see me off more cheerfully?" Asked my brother while smiling. The people in the circle around him started laughing again.

I was away from the center of that fun hall and was drinking orange juice in a corner. My brother today is different from usual, he's kind of cool.

"Jessica, why are you hiding in the corner?" I looked at the source of the voice. "Ah...mom.." 

"Why don't you speak with, Donghae? You're also a fully-fledge member of the Lee family." I sighed. "Yeah..."

Mom said that, but it wasn't so simple. Having entered the Lee family as a child from my mother's previous marriage, i always  ended up holding back a times like this.

"I'll do that when there are less people, mom." my mother just nodded. "Oh..alright then. But that boy is really grown up into a fine man."

"Oppa has?" I tilted my head, my mother nodded again. "Even though when i first met him, he was just a timid little thing. That boy will definitely succeed."

My mother is always like this, after separating from my actual father, she had been with countless men. However, all of them had been rich. The value of men came from whether they could make money. She was always looking  at men and only deciding on their value to her based on that. 

"You need to catch a man as good as that too." Said my mother.

I'm different from my mother... i thought.

At that time, i heard a noticeably high-pithced laugh from the center of the hall.

"Yoona, you'll be spreading your wings in the world together with Donghae, then. that's wonderful!." Said guest C

"No...not at all, I'll just be there supporting Donghae oppa." Said Yoona with her glorious smile.

That was Yoona, my brother's finacee. She was a model and behaving graciously in clothes that were flashy enough to make it seem like the party was being thrown for.

"Well, look at that." My mother nudged me. "Unlike you, Yoona seems to understand how to act in high society rather well." I rolled my eyes. "I'm going to take a breath outside." I didn't like the atmosphere inside the party hall so i went outside.

The fickle laughter didn't follow me outside. There was a gentle wind blowing, and it felt wonderful. "Ha..as i thought, i'm really not suited to this sort

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter