Chapter 12

Unforgivable Couple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today was the day of the piano contest, which came only one a year. I was nervous in my dress when my brother found me and came over.

"Wow, so this is what it means when people say fine feathers make fine birds."

I chuckled. "Has your opinion of me changed a little?"

He shrugged. "Well, no matter how much you dress up, your scores won't get any better." I rolled eyes.

"Do you think the judges will be partial to you just because you were accepted by the judges as Dad's representative?"

"No, i don't!" My dad himself was the sponsor of this concert, though father denies it. There's a story to how he decided to put on this concert for me, since i played piano since i was very young.

"Don't you get into the rankings every year? That's because of Dad's scores, right?"

"The details for the s-scores aren't revealed to the participants, but father wouldn't do something like that!" I pouted.

"Yeah, father's a fair person. He wouldn't treat anybody differently because they were a relative. But he might think your piano sounds better unconsciously, you know?"

"That might be true." 

After i responded to my brother's words with a low-spirited answer.

"Oh, so the two of you came as well." At the same time as she called out to us from the lobby, Yoona walked toward us.

"Yoona..oh yeah, you also play piano..." Is it just me or everytime my brother saw Yoona, his mood completely changed.

"Jessica, that dress looks wonderful on you."

"Thank you very much." I bowed my head. "You look beautiful today as well." Yoona just dressed up a bit more than usual, even so she looked incredible.

"Thank you, though actualy i was thinking that i should have worn something a little more spectacular." She flips her hair gracefully

"You're already shining enough."

Yoona smiled at me then turned to my brother. "Donghae oppa, please listen to my piano then, as it has been a long time." 

"Yeah, well i'm going to go greet the others, so i'm off." My brother headed for the waiting room withouth even showing Yoona a smile.

"My brother seems like he's busy with something. Let's do our best today." I beamed.

"Yes, let's do our best." Yoona held out her right hand all of sudden, smiling. I shook right hand and smiled back at Yoona.

The concert was going smoothly. Next it was Yoona's performance. Yoona elegantly bowed while smiling, the audience appeared to be absolutely charmed just by that. Yoona is beautiful whatever she does, isn't she? She was playing 'La Campanella' in full. Yoona was playing this very difficult song passionately and showily. Amazing, so Yoona was this skilled i thought. Both the audience and the judges were being captivated by that performance.

i was also half-dumbfounded as i listened. However, i felt a slight pain in my hand so i looked down, the base of my little finger in turning red, i wonder if i was bitten by a bug. At that time, there was applause strong enough that it felt like the whole hall was shaking, so i looked back to the stage. There, basking in the applause with a smile accors her whole face, was Yoona. The loudest applause since the start of the concert. 

I can't lose!

A few other people performed afterwards, and then it was finally my turn. However, the pain that i felt in my right hand's little finger had become worse.

What is it? my little finger hurts to the point it can't move properly....

"Jessica, is something wrong? You're

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter