By Yours Truly

By Yours Truly

It was a hot evening in Taiwan. Usually the filming team would either be busy recording, practicing scenes, or running errands, but because of the sudden rainfall - which occurred often - they had to pause their work and take cover in a building nearby.

A beautiful voice echoed through the lobby, garnering much attention from all sorts of employees and commoners. They all turned to Kyuhyun, shaking their head lightly.

"Cheoeumen chinguro daeumeneun yeoninsairo. Heeojimyeon gakkaseuro chingusairaneun geu mal jeongmal matneunde. (At first friends, then next as lovers. We said we'd stay as friends even if we separated.)"

Rainie glanced around apologetically, "Do you not realize that you're making an unnecessary scene?" She scolded, handing him a bottle of water. Kyuhyun shrugged and smiled at her sweetly.

"I thought you liked listening to me sing," He grinned.

Taking the water from him, she handed him some tissues so he could dry his slightly wet hair. "If I knew you wanted to be just friends so badly, then I wouldn't have gone through the trouble of trying to stop you from going after me," She laughed, "You would have given up sooner or later."

Kyuhyun frowned, "It was just a song."

"Sure," Rainie laughed.

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, "Fine, you want a romance song? I'll sing you a romance song." They could hear sudden gasps as Rainie looked around. Joanne was holding back a laugh with her hands covering her face and Mike watched them with a smirk. She immediately grasped onto Kyuhyun's hands, pulling him to face her.

"No!" She shouted nervously, "You're not going to."

"Why not?" Kyuhyun pouted, enjoying her initiative in holding his hands so tightly. "It's not like any of them understand what I'm singing, or will be singing."

Rainie could feel the heat rush to her cheeks, Kyuhyun was definitely leaning in a little too close for comfort. "Don't you find it embarrassing to randomly sing in such a public place?" She asked.

"I'm not worried about that," Kyuhyun shrugged, "Why should you be?"

"Because-" She was going to explain, but was cut off by Kyuhyun's obnoxious singing. His voice was amazing, none the less, but he purposely blasted his volume to it's loudest, just to embarrass her.

"Uhttuhke naega uhttuhke geudael saranghage dwaenneunji isanghajyo. (What to do? What should I do? If I just fall in love with you like this, it's weird. Right?)," Rainie stood in awe for a few seconds, almost mesmerized by Kyuhyun's adorable expression and soothing voice.

Kyuhyun smiled and tugged her closer, nearly hugging her against his chest, as he continued singing. "Nae maeumeun geudaereul deudjyo muhribootuh balkkeutkkaji- (My heart listens to everything about you)."

Pulling herself away, Rainie pushed him into the nearest seat and forced him to stay situated. "If you really do listen to me, then you should stop!" She nervously scolded, trying to maintain her composure.

"But," Kyuhyun smirked, "Neo gateun saram tto eopseo juwireul dureobwado geujeo georeohdeongeol,(There's no other like you, even if I look around, it's just like that." He sang sweetly. Rainie groaned and tried to cover his mouth with her small hands, toppling over him.

"Cho Kyuhyun!" She almost growled, trying to regain her balance and get back on her feet. He held her down in his lap, refusing to free her.

"You are so noisy today," He frowned.

Rainie slapped him on the side of his arm, "You are seriously asking for a major points deduction," She angrily scolded.

"Points deduction?" Kyuhyun repeated, immediately releasing her, "You've been rating me?"

Rainie dusted off her shirt, "Of course I have."

"I think that calls for at least twenty more points then," Kyuhyun nodded, "How often are men willing to sing a romantic song for their love interest in broad public? It's quite embarrassing."

Rainie scoffed, "They don't understand you," She mocked, "And that was the least of your worries, remember?"

"I only said that to save you the trouble of stopping me," Kyuhyun retorted, "Did you not just see your own fail at the last attempt? Although, I have to say, it's not as if I didn't enjoy it."

"Should you be saying stuff like that?" Rainie furrowed her brows, "You're so young, you should be innocent and naive."

Kyuhyun laughed, "I'm not a kid. I'm actually long been considered a man by law now, thank you very much."

"And this is why laws are hardly ever trustworthy," Rainie countered. She sighed and looked out the window, it was still raining.

Kyuhyun pursed his lips, "You don't like the rain?"

"For as long as I remember," Joanne joined them, "Rainie jiejie has never been too bright about gloomy days, dark clouds, or heavy rainfall."

Rainie threw her arm over Joanne's shoulder, "Wow," Rainie praised, "Two months in Korea really did improve your Korean." She smirked, "A little bit."

"Of course," Joanne laughed, "I'm a fast learner! But it doesn't seem like the past month here in Taiwan has improved Kyuhyun oppa's Mandarin," Joanne teased. Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. She widened her eyes at Kyuhyun, "That was very sweet of you, by the way. Maybe it's helped win Rainie jiejie over?"

"See?" Kyuhyun victoriously smiled, "Someone agrees that it's romantic."

"Rainie jiejie didn't like it?" Joanne blinked. "My heart would have died if my boyfriend did that for me."

Rainie shook her head, "He's not my boyfriend yet."

"Yet," Kyuhyun emphasized, "Will be soon."

"That's still for me to determine," Rainie teased.

Joanne chuckled, "Cute. Very cute."

"You're starting to sound like Mike," Rainie frowned.

Joanne shrugged, "That's what happens when you hang out with someone too much."

Rainie glanced between Joanne and Kyuhyun, "I don't speak like him, do I?" She asked the younger girl. Joanne laughed and shrugged her shoulders.

"Alright," the director yelled, "Seems like it's starting to clear up. Back in your places." Kyuhyun ruffled Rainie's hair lightly and quickly followed the rest of the crew outside.

Rainie watched from the lobby, being separated with Kyuhyun by the thick layer of glass, and wondered exactly how conifdent Kyuhyun was in winning her heart.She lifted her hands to the glass and, as if hearing her call, Kyuhyun turned to her and waved with a childish grin.

She slid into the chair and leaned back against it, staring at the ceiling. "Time went by fast enough," she sighed, "just a little bit more to go before I can make a decision."

-----

"Ma~" Faye whined, "Is Uncle Kyuhyun going to come and play today?"

Rainie blinked at the child, "Since when did you start liking him?" She laughed, poking the little girls rounded cheeks.

"He sings me to sleep," Faye grinned, hugging on to Rainie's arm, "And he plays airplane with Jong." Jong waddled over, a large toy car in hand. "Oh, yeah, and he bought Jong this miniature car!"

Jong handed Rainie the heavy plastic. "Since when were you into cars?" Rainie asked with a raised brow, "You've never been into... well, such boyish stuff." Jong frowned at her.

"Papa told Jong to man up," Yanyan laughed from a distance.

Rainie sighed, "Don't listen to Papa, he's just angry you're better at him in art." She inspected the toy, "This must be expensive, when did Kyuhyun give it to you?"

"A week ago?" Jong admitted, "I think he heard Papa talking to me."

Ling took the toy from Rainie, "It's okay, Jong. If you don't want to play with it, I can."

"No way!" Miya shouted, snatching the toy and handing it back to Jong, "You can't just take it from him, it's from Uncle Kyuhyun."

"So?" Ling asked.

Miya rolled her eyes, "Don't you know? He'll be our new Papa, Jong has to cherish whatever he gives him."

Ling's eyes widened, "Really?" He stomped his way towards Rainie, "We'll have a new Papa?"

"Where did you hear that from?" Rainie stuttered, pulling Miya to her side.

"He told me himself," Miya lowered her head, "Am I wrong?"

Rainie shook her head and hugged Miya to her, "You're not wrong, you've done nothing wrong. He just got ahead of himself."

"So, we won't have a new Papa?" Yanyan asked, a bit disappointed.

Rainie laughed, "Who knows?"

"You should," Show yawned, walking through the corridor into the living room and plopping onto the couch, "Stop playing hard to get. You'll lose him."

Rainie rolled her eyes, "I'm not playing hard to get."

"That's where she gets it from!" Show exclaimed, popping up in his seat. "Miya gets her attitude and eye rolling from you," Show hissed, shaking his head.

"Does not!" Rainie defended, "I'll give him an answer soon enough."

"How soon is soon enough?" Show asked, laying on the sofa and gathering Yanyan into his arms, "The series officially finished filming a few days ago, right? He should be back in South Korea by now. What? Did he give up?"

Rainie shrugged, "I don't know."

"How can you not know?!" Show shot up again, disbelief written all over her sleepy face. "I don't understand the two of you at all," He sighed, "When does the series start airing?"

"That's a very sharp change in subject," Rainie laughed, "In a month or two, possibly. They want to choke it out as fast as they can, they're hoping it will help boost the ratings of their channel in South Korea." She paused for a moment, "Then again, it's such an important production, they'll probably hire some secret agent like group of professionals and work night and day on it just to air it next week or something."

Show scoffed, "How did you manage to get yourself a project like this? We'll be rich!"

"Hardly," Rainie laughed, "It was all skills."

"Skills?" Show raised a brow, "Are you starting to sound conceited?"

Rainie watched as the kids blinked at her. She took in a deep breath, "Y-you're right..."

-----

"We know it's hard, Kyuhyun, but you must resist!" Ryeowook groaned, holding Kyuhyun away from Sungmin.

Kyuhyun reached his arms out in an attempt to grab Sungmin's flailing hand, "Just give it back to me, I swear I won't call or text."

"I don't trust you," Sungmin frowned at him.

Donghae stood in front of Sungmin protectively, "He's right, Kyuhyunnie. In situations like this, you aren't the most trustworthy person."

"What?" Kyuhyun froze, standing upright, "I always keep my word."

"Sure," Heechul laughed from the table, scooping out of the fried rice Hankyung prepared. "You mean, that one time you promised you wouldn't call her and secretly texted her? Or are you talking about the time you promised not to text her and sent her an e-mail?"

"He's obsessed," Eunhyuk nodded.

Kyuhyun's eyes widened, "Am not."

"Are too," Sungmin mocked.

"Am not," Kyuhyun repeated.

"Are too," Sungmin and Ryeowook both retorted in unison.

Hankyung shook his head, "Alright. Give the boy a break," He chuckled, "It's his first love."

"It's not my first love," Kyuhyun countered.

Leeteuk and Kangin blinked, "It's not?"

"Of course not!" Kyuhyun stuttered, "I'm experienced."

"Mmm," Heechul hummed, turning to Hankyung and smacking his lips together, "Do you guys taste the thick sweetness of a lie?"

Kyuhyun crossed his arms over his torso, "I'm not lying!"

"Secret admiration's hardly count," Kangin added.

Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes, "That's not what I was going to say."

"Relationships that don't exceed three months don't count either," Leeteuk shook his head.

Kyuhyun's jaw dropped, "How do you guys-"

"We know everything," Heechul nodded. "We also know that a certain segment of the series we filmed will be edited into the official trailer of the drama."

Leeteuk immediately wakened from his sleepy trance, "What segment?"

"Love song~" Ryeowook chimed in a sing song voice.

"Love song?" Kangin repeated.

Kyuhyun cleared his throat and grinned, "It's my strongest strategy."

"You sang a love song," Heechul rolled his eyes, "How strong is that?"

Kyuhyun shook his head, "I composed it. I wrote the lyrics. I handed the original to her as a confession over half a year ago and now she'll hear it on national television."

"She's in Taiwan," Heechul retorted.

Kyuhyun frowned, "It will broadcast in Taiwan, too."

"When? Next year?" Heechul laughed.

"Why do you always have to kill the poor boys hopes like that?" Leeteuk sighed. "I'm sure the higher classes are planning a simultaneous broadcast date in Taiwan."

"Better yet," Kangin interrupted, "Just bring her back to Korea."

Sungmin nodded, "Kangin hyung is right, let's just bring her back! I want to see her reaction first hand."

"How will we do that?" Donghae aked.

Kyuhyun smirked, "This is when connections and a little twist of the truth can come in handy."

-----

"Welcome back!" Jungkyu greeted Rainie and the airport.

Rainie sighed, "Short notice."

"Yeah," Jungkyu smiled apologetically, "They wanted to discuss some minor flaws that resulted from certain issues between the actual filmed shots and the script."

"I guess what's written and what's recorded don't always match up," Rainie shrugged, "But is it really that big of a deal? Did I really have to come back? They could have just sent the clip to me or something."

Jungkyu laughed awkwardly, "I'm... not sure."

"It's not your fault," Rainie comforted, patting the older man on the back, "I was just complaining, as usual."

"You never complain," Jungkyu replied.

"-ed, I never complained in the past, but I guess my age is catching up to me."

Jungkyu shook his head and escorted Rainie into the same black van they always traveled on. "If you're tired, you should take a nap," He suggested. Rainie nodded and leaned her head back. It didn't take her long to slip into the depths of slumber.

"Rainie," She heard someone whisper into her ear.

Rainie opened her eyes and found herself comfortably laying in a couch. She slowly sat up, rubbing her eyes lightly, as she glanced around. "Where am I?" She mumbled.

The room was pitch black. Rainie could feel a pressure over her chest as her heartbeat accumulated and throbbed against her rib cage. Where was Jungkyu? She wondered to herself. She reached her hands out and felt objects sitting beside her but all she could feel was the leather couch she was placed on.

"Jungkyu oppa?" She uttered, receiving no response. In an effort to calm herself down, Rainie took several deep breaths and lightly tapped her chest several times with her fist. She attempted to stand, but the darkness threw her out of balance and she fell right back into the couch. "Damn it," She hissed, "This isn't funny."

It seemed like hours had passed before Rainie suddenly heard a beep, which sent her body jumping in surprise. A tiny red light flashed across from her and she could hear static noises, "A television?" Rainie cocked her head in confusion.

Kyuhyun's figure appeared on the screen; he sat in front of a piano, holding a folded letter, as he stared into the camera dreamily. "She can't hear me, no matter how loud I shout out to her with my voice," He smiled. "Our lives intersected so unexpectedly that it almost seemed scripted. But, if this truly is just a script written by the heavens and in her hands, then there was only one word that she left out in the script: reminisce. Perhaps she never tried to remember what we once were," Kyuhyun choked on his words, tears forming in his gentle eyes as he bit on his tender lips, "and never looked up to what we could be.*"

"That's..." Rainie trailed off, feeling her own tears collect in her rounded eyes. Watching Kyuhyun bring her story to life was almost unbearable to her. How did she not notice it before? He was such a splendid actor; he made every single word drown in his hoarse voice. He made every single movement, the light in his eyes, bring the audience to follow his emotions. Those were words that she wrote, but he was the one to give them life.

She pulled her knees up and rested her chin on them as she continued to watch this clip of a man that glazed her senses with his talent and voice. Only now did she realize that those were her words, but the scene was one in which she didn't recognize in the least. Had she written such a scene?

Kyuhyun began to play on the piano, a tune which softened Rainie's thoughts and pulled her back into his dreamy vocal, but just as she was being led emotionally by the song the screen switched off. A door, not too far off in the distance, opened and Kyuhyun entered with nothing but a sheet of paper in his hands. He continued singing the song, a song which Rainie should have been able to recognized if she gave Kyuhyun the chance to sing it to her before she left without pardoning herself.

Kyuhyun kneeled before Rainie, holding out his hand to her while his voice never faded from the beautiful tune. Rainie clamped her fist and rested it over her heart, it was beating so out of control that she couldn't find any better way to hide it from the younger man. When he finished his song, he stared into her eyes imploringly, waiting for her answer.

"You guys lied to me?" She finally forced herself to say, unable to find any better words to describe her mixed emotions.

Kyuhyun frowned, "Is that all you have to say?"

"I-" Rainie sighed. She stood and helped Kyuhyun to his feet, "No, that's not all I have to say."

"Before you say anything," Kyuhyun quickly took advantage of her hesitancy, "I want to tell you that I planned that scene, the entire scene, with your script in mind, of course."

Rainie laughed, "It was beautiful."

"I'm glad you liked it," Kyuhyun grinned.

Rainie nodded and continued, "I know that you-"

"Wait," Kyuhyun interrupted. He turned around and heaved several large breaths before turning back to her, "Okay, I'm ready now."

"I thought you were very confident," Rainie laughed, pinching his cheek. "Anyways, I know that you have spent a lot of time and heart on me." Kyuhyun nodded. "How do I say this..." Rainie pursed her lips, "Even though you're younger than me and we live in two entirely different countries..."

"Which are not problems," Kyuhyun assured.

"Yes," Rainie chuckled, "Not problems." She saw a small lightly exuding from the entrance and leaned to the side, shifting herself to peer over, and saw quite the group of shadows standing outside the door. "But there is one problem."

Kyuhyun held his breath, "One problem?"

"Yes," Rainie nodded, meeting gazes with him, "If we ever do decide to move in together, I don't want twelve brother in laws interfering with our life."

"That's not a prob-" Kyuhyun paused, his eyes wide in shock. "Wait, you mean... you just... you're accepting me?"

Rainie tilted her head, "Is it a problem? If you don't want me to, I could-"

Kyuhyun pulled Rainie against him, cupping her cheeks in his hands. He leaned in for a kiss, holding her tightly against him. Rainie wrapped her arms around his waist, and for the first time, accepted his kiss without any protest or hesitancy.

Faintly, cheers could be heard outside the room. The shadows danced on the ground, jumping and hopping and giving each other high fives. Rainie pulled herself away and rested her cheek against his chest. Only now did she notice his heart was beating just as fast as her own. The light to the room switched on as the Super Junior members slid in one by one and, as expected, they were in a place completely foreign to Rainie but that didn't matter. The place was filled with warmth and happiness, that was all they wanted.

"I love you," Rainie could hear Kyuhyun silently whisper against her ear. She hugged him tighter without repeating it back to him. This would be her new life, Kyuhyun would be her new life.

-----

"You've been gone for nearly a week, how's it going in Korea?" Show asked over the cell phone. Rainie could hear the children pestering him to speak with her as he tried to hush them.

Rainie laughed, "Fine."

"I think I hear the sound of wedding bells nearing," Show teased.

Rainie sighed, "I really doubt that, it's still way too early." She glanced over Kyuhyun, who was still sleeping in his bed and snoring lazily.

"I understand," Show nodded, "He really does have a beautiful voice."

"You've seen the trailer?" Rainie asked.

"Of course," Show chuckled, "The internet is like magic, you know. His voice is truly one of the best vocals I've heard in a while, maybe it's because he's singing it for my dear younger sister."

Rainie scoffed, "Stop being so cheesy."

"Don't deny it, you know that if there was only one sound left in the world, you would rather it be his voice than anything else," Show laughed.

Rainie shook her head, "If there was one sound left in this world, I hope it's not his voice." She heard the sound of ruffling coming from the bed and turned around, finding Kyuhyun gazing at her with the softest expression, "because if I heard his voice one last time, I wouldn't be able to bear it's absence.**"

"You've fallen deep," Show smiled.

Rainie made her way to Kyuhyun's bed and situated herself beside him as he engulfed her in his arms. "Just a little bit," She giggled.

"I have to go now," Show sighed, "The kids are making me nuts."

"I'll be home soon," Rainie reassured, "Bye, Ge."

Kyuhyun nuzzled his nose at the nape of Rainie's neck, "What did you two talk about?"

"Nothing," Rainie replied, holding him tighter against herself.

"Liar," Kyuhyun laughed.

"That song..." Rainie suddenly uttered, lifting to meet gazes with the bigger man, "Who's it by?"

Kyuhyun frowned at her. "Didn't you know?" He asked, reaching over her to the table beside the bed and grabbing a sheet of paper.

"Know what?" She asked.

He smiled and held the sheet out above them, pulling her head to rest against his chest, "It's by yours truly."

Rainie grinned as she allowed Kyuhyun to slowly drift back to sleep with her in his arms. She was an dramatist, he was a drama actor, but in the end they both created something for one another. His choice of words were beautiful.

She closed her eyes and snuggled in his arms, "Yes, By Yours Truly."

-----

A/N: Ahhh! I can't believe I finished this story~ Now I feel a little nostalgic... I'll miss writing Kyu+Rainie.

-Actually, I don't think I'm too satisfied with the ending... so I might write an epilogue or something. Don't know... I'll just see how it goes, I guess. Haha.

I hope you guys liked the ending, and the story overall! Hopefully it's not too cheesy or anything >.<

The dialogues with * & ** in the chapter are starred because they are quotes from the poster ^.^

Ah! One last question~ Do you think B.Y.T. was too long? Too short? Just right? I'm still not too sure at what length I should keep my stories... Thanks!

Anyhow, Thanks so much for reading! An extra thank you to those who took the time to comment! <3 Hope to meet you guys again~ maybe in a different story? ^.~