Come Backs

By Yours Truly

“He still doesn't realize it?” Kangin asked, tugging Leeteuk by the arm. “Hyung, I thought Kyuhyun was supposed to be smart! He won the Math Olympiad in high school!”

Leeteuk rolled his eyes, “That only makes him smart in math. But it's true, how can he still be oblivious to it? He saw her, she was right there during the meeting!”

Yesung joined them, taking a bite out of an apple, “He's blinded by love. He was probably so nervous sitting in front of all those people, especially noona, that he couldn't even think straight.”

“It's true, he was so fazed that the only thing he did the entire meeting was smile,” Heechul laughed, “His soul was probably flying somewhere outside of his body.” Yesung, Leetuk and Kangin all glanced over at him; they had forgotten Heechul was there as well.

“How was it?” Kangin asked.

Heechul cocked his head, “What? The meeting?” The boys nodded. “Boring.”

“No, we meant between Kyuhyun and Rainie,” Yesung prompted.

Heechul shrugged, “It's not as if they got to talk or anything, we were video conferencing with all those executives and high ranked men and women. But he was definitely un-natural. Oh! We got to meet the lead actress.”

“Is she cute?” Leeteuk asked.

Heechul raised a finger to his lip in thought, “She kind of looked like Rainie-sshi.”

“You think all foreigners look alike,” Kangin rolled his eyes.

“Why does everyone say that?! I do not!” Heechul retorted angrily. The boys laughed at him heartily. “Which reminds me, Kyuhyun said Rainie-sshi would be coming back right? If she does, it might be because of the lead actress. They seem close.”

“Who?” Kyuhyun asked, entering the kitchen.

Heechul popped a chip into his mouth, “Rainie-sshi and Joanne-sshi.”

“Yeah, they do seem close,” Kyuhyun nodded.

“How do you know?” Leeteuk asked.

Kyuhyun took a sip out of his cranberry juice, “They kept laughing and joking during the entire meeting, they barely payed any attention to the actual content being discussed.”

“She doesn't need to,” Yesung shrugged, “She's just the author-”

“-Authority of the crew in charge of caring for the artists,” Kangin interrupted. Yesung clasped his lips with his small hands and nodded with a smile.

Kyuhyun eyed them suspiciously, “Yeah, I guess so.”

“But it seems like you weren't paying much attention to the content being discussed either,” Leeteuk teased lightly. Kyuhyun tilted his head in confusion. “You were so focused on watching Rainie that you probably didn't have any time to listen.”

Kyuhyun's cheeks pinked at the assumption, “I-I wasn't focused on her!”

“Uh huh,” Leeteuk laughed, “That's what they all say.”

“I'm serious!” Kyuhyun defended, placing his cranberry juice on the table.

Yesung looked at the bottle of cranberry juice, “When did you start drinking juice?” He asked. They all knew Kyuhyun either drunk water or alcohol, he wasn't a juice or soda person. Kyuhyun shrugged and took his cranberry juice, heading back to his room.

Heechul waited until Kyuhyun was out of sight before bending over the table and whispering to the other boys, “He started drinking it ever since the day I started talking to Rainie.” The boys lips dried as their jaws were dropped speechlessly; what did that have to do with anything? They wondered.

“R-really?” Leeteuk asked. He always knew Heechul was the odd one in the group, but that just didn't make any sense at all.

Heechul rolled his eyes, “She drinks cranberry juice. So, either she got him into it or they shared it so often that he eventually started getting addicted.”

“Ahhh,” the boys all nodded in unison. They laughed at their own stupidity and praised Heechul for his observant trait. It made sense then, the reason Kyuhyun picked up the hobby of drinking cranberry juice was valid. They all knew that when it came to Rainie, Kyuhyun had made a lot of adjustments.

-----

Fay made herself comfortable in Rainie's lap as the other kids all gathered around them in the living room for a round of games; after a list of ideas, they decided on putting together a puzzle. Only, when you have a group of five children trying to solve a puzzle, it becomes the hardest puzzle to put together.

“Did you hear that, Ma?” One of the little boys asked. The little boy dashed to Rainie's side and pulled on her arm.

“What's wrong, Jong?” Rainie asked, slowly being pulled to her feet. The little boy pointed towards the door and continued dragging her. As they got closer to the door, Rainie heard someone lightly knocking on it. She laughed to herself and pulled Jong into her arms, holding him at her waist. “Can I help you?” She asked, shoving away some shoes on the ground before looking up.

“Hey,” the man at the door greeted. Rainie stared at the man with her jaw dropped, she didn't know what to say to the familiar man. “I know it's been a while, but you could at least say hi,” he joked, scratching the back of his head.

Rainie immediately moved over so he could enter the house, “I-I didn't know you were going to come,” she stuttered, “You should have told me beforehand, I would have cleaned up and prepared something for you.” The man shook his head and waved away her formalities.

“It's fine, I was just dropping by. I heard you returned from Korea,” He explained, smiling brightly at the kids in the living room, “I actually came to see Show.”

She led him into the living room and motioned for him to sit, setting Jong on the ground. “He went out to buy something for the kids, he'll be back soon.”

“None of these beautiful faces are yours, right?” He joked.

Rainie laughed, “Actually, they're all mine.” He chuckled at her reply and nodded. “It really has been a long time, you've changed a lot, Mike.”

“It's been so long since I last heard my name from you,” He smiled lightly. “I guess when you're a celebrity, your image and looks are always changing.”

“That's not what I meant,” Rainie shook her head, “If it was the you in the past, you would have turned and walked away as soon as you saw me at the door.”

“Really?” He asked.

Rainie nodded, “Yeah, but you had every right to.”

“Nah,” he sighed, “I was just immature.” Rainie lowered her head with a smile. “You know, your current project in Korea, I might join the crew.”

“Really?” Rainie asked, “As who?” The characters she made ran through her mind but she could think of none that would suit his image or personality. She held her breath for a second when she realized she was basing her opinions on the old him, not the current him.

Mike shrugged, “Not sure yet but I received an audition request. The location for audition is around here later this afternoon, so I wanted to drop by and say hi.” Rainie nodded. Miya surprised Mike with a stealth attack and took him by the arms. He laughed and lifted her into his laps.

“Are you Mike He?” She asked him, “The really famous, handsome, actor?”

Mike chuckled, “Yes, I'm Mike, but I'm not famous or handsome.”

“He is!” Miya shouted, looking over her shoulder at her brothers and sisters. “I've watched your movies and television series. Well, when Papa and Ma let's me.” Mike nodded and thanked her for her support.

“Miya!” Rainie laughed, “Where are your manners?” Miya stuck her tongue out at her beloved Mama. Show walked into the house and froze in place as he saw his younger sister and her ex-boyfriend sitting and laughing together in the living room; it was almost as if they went back to the old days.

“Hey Mike,” Show greeted, removing Miya from Mike's arms and shaking Mike's hand simply, “When did you get here?”

“Not long ago,” Mike smiled.

Show nodded, “Are you nervous about the audition?”

“Nah,” Mike laughed, “I usually have pretty good luck when it comes to scripts written by Rainie.” Show laughed; it was true. “Well, now that I've said hi, I better go. My manager is probably freaking out right now.” Show nodded and walked him to the door. Mike turned and waved Rainie goodbye, as well as the children, before he left. “I'll catch you later, Rainie.” Rainie nodded and waved at him with a smile.

“Patched things up?” Show asked as he closed the door.

Rainie nodded, “Yeah, something like that.”

------

[Text Messaging]

[To: Rainie Yang
From: Cho Kyuhyun

Text: I hope you know it's your fault that I get made fun of. -_-;]

[To: Cho Kyuhyun
From: Rainie Yang

Reply: What? They finally realized you're just a big baby? :D]

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and continued texting.

[To: Rainie Yang
From: Cho Kyuhyun

Text: No, cranberry juice! >.<]

[To: Cho Kyuhyun
From: Rainie Yang

Reply: Oh.]

[To: Rainie Yang
From: Cho Kyuhyun

Text: When are you coming back?]

[To: Cho Kyuhyun
From: Rainie Yang

Reply: Never.]

Kyuhyun felt his jaw drop to the ground. She wasn't serious, was she?

[To: Rainie Yang
From: Cho Kyuhyun

Text: You're joking, right?]

Rainie laughed.

Kyuhyun felt his heart skip a beat when his cell phone alerted him that it received a new text message; the reply came to quickly.

[To: Cho Kyuhyun
From: Rainie Yang

Reply: Nope.]

[To: Rainie Yang
From: Cho Kyuhyun

Text: Then I'll go to Taiwan. =)]

Rainie grinned at the reply.

[To: Cho Kyuhyun
From: Rainie Yang

Reply: No, you won't. Don't you have work to do?]

Kyuhyun glanced at the men and women running around the studio. He looked over at his hyungs who were discussing their schedules for the day and laughed to himself, of course he had work to do.

“Standby!” The PD of the studio shouted. Kyuhyun sighed.

[To: Rainie Yang
From: Cho Kyuhyun

Text: Are you psychic? I have to go, recording started.]

Rainie shook her head with a smile and set her phone down on the table. She, too, was surrounded by busy men and women but it wasn't for a recording, it was for further planning for the future filming of her script.

She felt someone pat her on the shoulder and found Joanne leaning over with a genuine smile. “Who were you texting?” Joanne asked with a sly grin. Rainie shook her head. “Tell me!” Joanne insisted.

“Just a friend,” Rainie laughed.

Joanne pouted. “Ah! Mike Ge joined our crew! Have you heard?”

“I knew he would,” Rainie smiled, “He told me he was going to audition, I didn't doubt his capabilities.” Joanne nodded. “The dates are set, we're leaving for Korea in two days.”

“I'm glad that Mike Ge was casted,” Joanne chortled, “now I won't be as lonely and scared in Korea.”

“There are other Taiwan celebrities that will be acting in it as well,” Rainie replied, “You wouldn't have been alone.”

Joanne nodded, “That's true, but Mike Ge is a lead, too.”

“A lead?” Rainie asked.

Joanne tilted her head, “You didn't know? He's going to play the second male lead; the one who pursues the character I play and Cho Kyuhyun's love rival.”

“Really?” Rainie asked in amusement, “That's interesting.”

“Why?” Joanne asked.

Rainie shook her head with a chuckle, “No, never-mind.”

------

“If that was several years ago, it might have been a real relationship between the two,” Show teased as he handed Rainie a bottle of cranberry juice. The kids were already fast asleep in their rooms, it was nearly eleven o'clock.

Rainie shoved her older brother lightly, “Don't say that, it's not true!”

“It so is,” Show laughed, shaking his head. “I wonder how they'll get along.” Rainie sighed, she actually wondered the same thing.

“You think I should just stay in Taiwan?” Rainie asked.

Show lifted a brow at her questionably, “Why?”

“Don't you think it would be awkward if I were there?” She sighed. Show shook his head. “Really? Why do I feel otherwise?”

Show leaned back in his seat, stretching his legs, “Mike's put your issues into the past, he's grown out of it already. It will be fine. You're all adults, you should be able to manage your differences maturely.”

“Did you forget?” Rainie mocked, “Kyuhyun is still just a kid.”

“You speak as if you're his mother,” Show scoffed, “He's an adult, he's old enough to think and act for himself. I'm not worried about Mike, he's matured quite a bit since your split, but I'm worried about you, little sister.”

“Me?” Rainie asked in surprise.

Show nodded, “You may seem to be very mature on the outside, and you do work very hard for your goals, but you thinking is still too unstable.”

Rainie rested her head on the back of her seat, “What do you mean?”

“Just take your current romance life for instance,” Show explained, “You can't make up your mind about your true feelings for a certain someone and so you just give up and deny him any chances at all.” Rainie closed her eyes as she listened to her older brother scold her bitterly. “Running away from your issues is different from solving them.”

She groaned, “I know.”

“No, you don't,” He laughed, “If you did, you wouldn't be here right now. If you knew, you would still be in Korea.”

She sat up and stared him straight in the eye, “Why?”

Show shook his head and got to his feet, heading to his room. “I can't tell you that,” he waved at her, “You have to figure that out yourself.”