Pieces of Us

Hands Like Magnet

Title: Pieces of Us
Fandom: SNSD
Characters: Taeyeon and her first love
Length: Drabble (~700 words)
Rating: G
Genre: AU, Romance(?), fail!angst
Summary: You can never forget your first love.
Disclaimer: as much as this saddens me, I do not own the purddyful characters.





Taeyeon walked down the very familiar hallways. She’d walked those very hallways fifteen years back during her high school days; during her innocent days; during the days she experienced her first love.

It’d been fifteen years and honestly she was still confused by the feelings running in her blood when in the presence of her first love.
The butterflies in her stomach; the tingly feeling tickling the bottom of her heart... she still couldn’t fully describe them with coherent sentences.


She walked through the whole school, and smiled from time to time when she stumbled into the places where she’d hung out with her clique; where she’d confessed to her first love; where they used to meet up between classes.

Most of all, though, her favourite spot was the rooftop where she liked to be alone with her first love. She made a mental note to visit it later in the day: for now she had classes to attend to.
 

*



Taeyeon was someone who held on, even though she hated to acknowledge it. She held on to the little things her first love gave her. She held on to the things her subsequent partners gave her. At one point in her life, she figured she held onto feelings as well, and that she couldn’t really get rid of them. She simply buried them. When she met the people from her past, they would dig up those past feelings Taeyeon thought she’d gotten rid of.

Her classes ended and she made her way to the rooftop—she expected it to be empty since it wasn’t the most glamorous place to hang out; it was after school hours and the way to the rooftop was too hidden anyway.

She opened the door and beyond it she saw the very familiar back of someone from her past. The calmness that she was known for faded away in less than a second. She panicked. For the first time in many years, she panicked.

The person turned around, only to be just as surprised as Taeyeon was. She’d changed, if Taeyeon’s memory was to be trusted. Her neck-length hair now grew just about passing her shoulders, glistening so marvellously under the three o’clock sun.

The person smiled. After all, it’s been fifteen years since they last saw each other.

“T-Tiffany?”

“Taeyeon... hi.”

“What brings you here?”

“My... niece goes here.”

“Oh...”

“My husband’s sister’s daughter...”

“Oh.”



*


“Tiffany, I like you. Will you be my girlfriend?”


.


“Tiffany, are you sure it’s okay to skip class?”

“Don’t worry about it, TaeTae.”

... And there went Taeyeon’s first kiss.




.


Taeyeon smiled. Tiffany was in her arms, and they were alone. There was nothing more they could ask for.

“TaeTae... I love you.”

“... Me too.”



.



“Is it that hard to say that you love me too?!”

“Tiffany, please...”

Taeyeon could barely make out the tears flowing down Tiffany’s cheeks and that alone broke her heart to a million tiny pieces.

“... Let’s just stop this nonsense,” Tiffany finally said, breaking the silence between them.
 

 

*



They ended up talking for about an hour, catching up on fifteen years’ worth of experiences; their conversation coming to an abrupt halt when Tiffany’s niece—her name was Choi something—came looking for her.

Tiffany was married, although she had no children with her husband due to her infertility. But they still had a more-than-nice marriage; they’d been married for seven years and the spark was still alive.

Throughout their conversation, Taeyeon discovered more about herself than she did about her first love. She wasn’t as cold as she was then—she was now more open about her feelings.

The intense feelings from fifteen years ago—the ones she thought she’d gotten rid of... she could sense hints of them here and there, but all in all, after their conversation ended in a neutral note, Taeyeon realized the feelings never came back to her. And for once, she was glad they didn’t.

 

 


I'm back digging instruments (that's hoe to you beeyotch)
EXAMS THIS SATURDAY OH THE HAPPINESS

anyway, you guys should read these if you haven't: one, two

i love tiffraneezy so much lol

i'm going to limit my yulsic posts to make way for the other ships okay okay okay