Week One: Drabbles

LDWS: Last Drabble Writer Standing | final winner announced + reveals & notes posted!

Note: These are all of the wonderful drabbles for Week One! We had a pretty great turnout of thirteen drabbles so far (feel free to keep sending until 11:59 SST). I've read through most of them, and they're all great ;~; (On another note, I'll be changing the schedule to reflect the number of current writers!)

Feel free to read these right now or bookmark this page to read them later, when voting opens, just in case there's a last minute drabble ^^

To the writers: thank you for sticking with me throughout the week and I hope you enjoy yours and the others' works! If you see any mistakes, please tell me and I'll fix it ASAP.


ONE

Title: untitled
Fandom: exo
Rating: g
Warnings: character death
Word Count: 500

 

The hours spent laboring over the automaton was not done in vain, for the mechanics inside Luhan's body, which was crafted from Sunmi's very fingers, churned to a working success. Luhan was designed for a purpose: to prove that life could be created without the means of human reproduction. Earth became ensured of its safety now that the woman had produced something that could thrive, something that could cultivate and tend to civilization when her kind would no longer bear record of their exisistence. 

Initially, Luhan was kept inside the lab for several weeks where further testing needed to be conducted, before he requested for a favor.

He wanted to live in her apartment.

The way he spoke had baffled her at first. It seemed as if Luhan could not distinguish the differences between her genetic makeup and his. And, as time progressed, her reactions towards the machine held no scientific rationale, attuning to more personal feelings. The way Sunmi's pulse raced erratically as Luhan rambled about his favorite books, the way she lingered by his side as his system replenished its battery levels during the night, all pinpointed to one answer.

She considered him as a man. 

When Sunmi had reached that preposterous conclusion, she avoided Luhan like the plague. Those emotions were not needed. What outcome would she receive if their relationship elevated into another level?

One would perish while the other had to continue forward.

He was bound to question her actions soon, and when he had done so, Sunmi lept for her bedroom door.

Programmed to have fast reflexes, Luhan caught her wrist the second she sprinted. 

"Why?" he whispered, scanning every inch of her face. She felt exposed under his intense scrutinity. "Why are you like this? Have I done something wrong?"

His face. It resembled too much like him.

Had she subconsciously devised Luhan's looks as her past partner?

Sehun.

He was gone.

And just like Sehun, Luhan would be gone. Luhan would abandon her like him. 

"It's nothing," Sunmi croaked out. "I'm–"

Her reply was cut off when his lips crashed against her own in a such a fervent manner, and she found herself reciprocating the motion for a while. 

"I love you," Luhan pressed a soft kiss to her forehead. "And I know what love means because when I'm around you...my senses gear differently."

Sunmi stiffened. "Isn't that a malfunction?"

He interlocked their fingers together. "No, not at all."

Their days were numbered, marked by destiny's touch, but as the months passed by, the months had turned into years, and the years had turned into decades. Inevitably, Sunmi was confined to her bed as her life span neared its end. 

"Luhan," she cupped her hand under his cheek, and he hummed in response. "I'm sorry that you have to experience this. Sometimes, I–" she bit back a sob, "I wish we never pursued this."

Luhan closed his eyes, planting a deep kiss on her lips.

"The fact that we loved is beautiful."

 


TWO

Title: forget-me-never
Fandom: exo and iu
Rating: g
Warnings: n/a
Word Count: 500

 

as the sun sets, lee jieun feet lift her off the bark and she swings into the skies. 

she remembers the yellows like his laugh, how the reds are faint like his cheeks whenever she embarrassed him. he's the pretty boy of her dreams. his grin always left her giggling like a middle schooler. his jokes kept her smiling through her week. when friday came, she counted the minutes when they would go on their end of the week ice cream date. he's a pretty boy. 

he was a pretty boy. they used to swing on those swings, singing off-tune to the catchiest tunes. his voice sounded like champagne then, bubbly and only for special ocassions. his voice was her harmony. it was something that someone left in her lefthand corner pocket. someone should have told her how infectious he was. 

someone should have told her that she was going to fall in love with someone her junior. she knew boys in her grade who weren't as mature as he was. she knew boys who popped out condoms more than soda bottle caps. and someone should have told her that it was going to end because she found her dreams with music. 

young boys with golden hair, a pretty laughter, and sweet words, were the worst deal breakers.  

but that was how pretty boys were. they never stayed around long enough to continue to blow bubbles. they never kept their pinky promises and the grass stains on their soccer shorts. that was just how byun baekhyun was. 

 

when the sun rises, byun baekhyun waits for the same song to play. 

she got him hooked on that song for months. the song reminds him of coca cola bottles they drank and secrets they shared. she's the songbird he became infatuated with. he remembers her lips pursed in the perfect pout whenever she didn't get her way. her voice sounded like s'mores after a long day, comforting and rich. 

ah, she's the songbird. she'd help him with his english homework in exchange for voice lessons. she ruffled his hair whenever he got a question right in math. he used to complain that she treated him like a little kid, but now he kind of misses it. she had the prettiest smile he could remember. 

he should have known that song birds lose their voices sometimes. but he still loves hearing her voice on the radio. and sometimes, he remembers that she's  a phone call away, only sometimes. 

nowadays, she's a big star and he's getting ready for his first year of college. that's just how songbirds are. they do what they love. they forget about the little promise rings. they forget who falls in love with them first. they forget the songs their pretty boy inspires. 

but they still remember each other. they still smile at random moments, knowing that they have loved each other. they laugh whenever they're reminded. it was beautiful. the songbird and the pretty boy, a perfect story. 

 


THREE

Title: Red Handprints
Fandom: Lee Chaerin and Kwon Jiyong (skydragon)
Rating: NC-17
Warnings: Domestic Violence/Abuse
Word Count: 500

 

I smiled. After the nightmare that was last night, Jiyong seemed to be back to normal again. 

From his lips came words coated in sugar and my toes curled with delight.  

We were cuddling in bed. It was early morning and the clouds outside were overcast. I didn't care. Jiyong was my sunshine after all. 

"I think I'll just stay home with you today," he said. I giggled. 

"We're already dressed up though." I gestured at my office clothes. "Plus, I've run out of sick days."

"Then quit." 

I tried to laugh it off. When he doesn't crack a smile, I stop. "You're serious? I—I can't." I paused. "Baby, there's nothing going on between Seungri and I." 

Jiyong's fists balled up at the name and memories of last night flooded back. I touched my left eye. 

Jiyong saw this and in one quick move, he straddled me. 

"I already said I'm sorry about last night, Chae. You know I can't control my anger." His lips touched my ear. "You still love me... right?" 

Before I could answer, Jiyong's mouth was on mine, fingers entangled in my hair. "Right?" His tongue mashed aggressively with every inch of my mouth. 

He didn't even let me breathe. 

When he pulled away, I felt thoroughly violated. Every time he touched me like this, it was like he was ripping away pieces of myself. 

Is this what love is?

For a long moment, I couldn't bring myself to say what he wanted to hear. I just stared into the darkness that were his eyes until his face contorted into an expression of anger. 

Too late, I realized my mistake.

Jiyong sat up, quick as lighting, and backhanded me. The blow struck my head over to the side. His laughter was bitter as I curled up, my hands clutching the right side of my burning face. 

"After everything that I've done for you, you don't love me anymore?" The bed creaked and pain bloomed all over my face. Over and over again, Jiyong slapped and showered down his profanity while I screamed and screamed.
I threw my hands up but he clawed them off, pinned them with his knees while I shrieked.

After long, long minutes of his abuse, he slowed.

Stopped. 

"By the time I get home from work, I expect you to be gone. Get the hell out." Jiyong slammed the apartment door. 

The silence was deafening. 

My nose bled. 

And outside, it began to rain.

It was difficult to sit up. 

When I did, the movement in the vanity mirror caught my eye. 

The tears came then. They washed away the makeup he liked, revealed yesterday's gruesome black eye, and traversed his red handprints. Wild hair, broken eyes, and cheeks streaked with mascara reflected in the smudges of the surface. 

I could barely even recognize myself. 

"How did I ever love you, Jiyong?" 

How could I ever think that the fact that we loved was beautiful when it makes me feel this ugly?

 


FOUR

Title: Memories
Fandom: red velvet and exo
Rating: PG
Warnings: typographical errors
Word Count: 500 words 


 
She was beautiful. Kang Seulgi. She was the girl that Kim Jongin had always dreamed to be his, his one and only ballerina. The girl had a huge effect on him whenever she’s around him; Seulgi was enough for him, her inspiration.  To Jongin, she was his everything. They were classmates in a dance school when they were kids, she was taking up ballet and Jongin did too, his mom enrolled him even though he didn’t want to, they became close because of ballet. Growing up, she became beautiful and Jongin had notice that and it makes his heart beat too fast. Seulgi was not allowed to be in a relationship, “You’re too young for that! Too fragile!” her mother would say and she obeyed her until Jongin with a rose on his hand confessed to Seulgi  in the rooftop of their school at their sophomore year and no one can resist the might Kim Jongin, she said yes. Sneaking out late at night to go on dates, café hopping during the holidays, lunch dates, secret glances that they make in their History class, or secret gestures they do when they pass each other in the hallway with their other friends, their first kiss on Seulgi’s house when they reasoned out that they were making a project for the subject that they had together. The “I love you’s” over the phone that almost sounds like a whisper so no one could hear them.

Jongin took a peek in the glass door in the practice room, there she was. Elegance and grace were all over her solid moves, synchronizing with the song. She was doing the thing that she was great at, ballet. He smiled at the sight of her, her dreams finally coming true, she use to tell him everything, her dreams in life and anything else. Jongin’s smile quickly faded away just when someone was now dancing with her, they dance so beautifully but he hated to admit that, he hated that he was not part of her dreams, not anymore. It felt like yesterday, they were so madly in love with each other that even their parents cannot separate them, but they did and their parents succeeded. As Seulgi stopped dancing with her partner, she smiled widely at the guy who was in front of him that made Jongin’s heart crush to pieces. Although he can’t hear what Seulgi just said to the guy but he can surely read those words from . “I love you.”

He quickly left after that, he can’t hold it anymore. Seulgi notice that too as her eyes travelled near the door just when Jongin left, she knows that he was there. She knows that he was watching and it breaks her heart to see her first love like that, but she has to. “Jongin was there again huh?” The guy in front of her asked and she nodded. “Yes, Sehun. He was there.” She answered while still staring at the door. 

 


FIVE

Title: Those Faraway Dreams
Fandom: Exo
Rating: PG
Warnings: none
Word Count: 500

 

Joonmyun remembers his first love as painfully awkward smiles and sweaty palms. It’s almost embarrassing to think about now, but he’d give anything to relive those days.

It was early autumn then, the hot stickiness of summer lingering in the air. Even the shade from the nearby tree did little to shield the sun’s glare.

But it had been more than that; there was the unexplained blush on his face, the nervous skip of his heart.

They weren’t quite friends then, just classmates who had bonded over silly doodles and poor test scores. They met under the bench a few days each week to finish homework together. Joonmyun had been the one to suggest it, hesitantly at the end of class one day. It was quiet at first, the two of them sitting side by side and quietly finishing their homework as they waited for their ride to arrive. Yet, as time passed, serious discussions over the problems would often dissolve into smiles and laughter.

With the light breeze of winter came the soft strum of a guitar. And with some encouraging, Joonmyun would sing along. Their harmonization hadn't been perfect, and the performance wasn’t stunning, but it didn’t need to be.

I love you. Joonmyun can’t remember who confessed first, but he can still feel the smile that had refused to fade from his face for the rest of the day.

They were both cautious, hesitant. It had taken several tries the first time Joonmyun reached out to hold his hand, but after that, their fingers had fit together naturally. They shared secret smiles when they passed each other in the hallways, and they shared quick kisses in the empty stairwell after school hours.

The white forms had been the first indication that their time was coming to an end. Yet even then, they’d parted with smiles and promises.

Graduation had been a new beginning together.

In the end, it hadn't been enough. Joonmyun remembers the missed calls, the tense silence, the unread text messages.

But standing here now, it’s easy to overlook those days. Maybe it doesn’t matter how the story ended.

There’s a certain magic about first love. It’s been a while since Joonmyun has allowed himself to remember, but even standing here now, it feels so natural. The feelings are all just a step away, treasured memories that hadn't quite faded away. Joonmyun’s moved on since then, but somehow, none of his recent relationships had felt the same.

He kneels down by the bench, brushing a finger over the faded wood. Like his memories, the inscription is still there, having passed the test of time. There are four simple letters and one symbol carved there, the lines crooked and uneven. It had felt like their special secret then, their place, and it still feels like that now, even when only the ghosts of their past remain.

This carving is proof that they were once here, that this story hasn’t ended yet.

Zhang Yixing loves Kim Joonmyun.

 


SIX

Title: Watch Me Under Your Eyes
Fandom: EXO
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: , implied character death
Word Count: 500

 

Sometimes, Jongin wonders what Sehun looks like.

He knows that Sehun is taller than him, even though he's younger. The younger's voice often floats down to where Jongin's standing and it makes him smile in giddiness when he realizes that he can probably see Jongin's own black hair sticking out of his visor. He never tucks it in, no one's going to see him anyways. 

Every Tuesday morning, when they meet at the coffee shop, Jongin asks himself what the man in front of him must look like. He conjures fantastical image after image of Sehun's face in his mind, supplying a new feature every single time. A sharp nose. Blue eyes. Maybe a mole on the side of his jaw.

"What are you thinking about?" Sehun's voice is rich and smooth, deeper than what his age calls for. It makes Jongin feel like he's cuddled in a soft blanket.

"Just what you look like," he whispers. His eyes dart around the menu in front of him.

"You're always thinking about that," Sehun chides. Jongin hears him chuckle quietly under his breath.

His hand slips across the table to fall on top of his own, and Jongin marvels at the shade of Sehun's milky white skin, contrasting perfectly next to his own chocolate tan. Sehun squeezes their hands lightly and Jongin laughs, because it tickles.

"Aren't you the least bit curious of what I look like?" he asks.

"Of course I am. You have no idea."

"Tell me, then."

Sehun laughs loudly this time, drawing patterns on Jongin's upturned palm in his hand. "Okay."

The waitress sets down a big mug of coffee, topped luxuriously with whipped cream. They both take turns sipping it, Jongin putting his lips right where Sehun's was. It makes him feel giddy because, though indirect, it's still a kiss.

"Well," Sehun starts, and Jongin is startled. "You have black hair that falls under your visor. Tanner skin than mine. Your eyes are chocolate brown, you have a soft slope to your nose, and your lips are full and pink. You also have a jawline that could probably cut metal."

"Don't be silly," Jongin laughs, putting the cup down. "I'm impressed. You got all of that from my voice?"

"No."

"No?"

"I'm finally got to look at you," Sehun says promptly, and Jongin's eyes grow wide in realization. "You're so beautiful."

The older gasps in horror, clutching his visor. "What - "

The kiosk next to them lights up, a robotic voice emitting from it's cursed speakers. "Oh Sehun, citizen #45398. You have illegally made eye contact with another citizen and broken the Regime's law. Do not run, or we will shoot. The authorities will be here to arrest you in 10, 9, 8..."

"Sehun," Jongin whispers frantically, grasping the younger's hand tightly with panicked desperation. "Why? Why did you look at me? Do you have a death wish?"

"I just wanted to see you," Sehun says sadly, and the Regime bursts through the cafe doors. 

 


SEVEN

Title: Let's Not Break Up
Fandom: Rainbow X ZE:A
Rating: PG
Warnings: character death
Word Count: 500

 

But...we did love, didn't we?

"Sorry for taking so long, filming was delayed." He explained. Very concisely. Very politely. Very distantly. The way you explain to your boss, or your unlikable relatives, or your colleagues, distant friends, strangers you meet for the first time...

Certainly not how you explain to your girlfriend.

He wasn't even like this, before. Not as far as I could remember. But then again, it has been so long since we even go on a date like this. Is this even a date? Because it doesn't feel like one, and it most possibly is not one.

Date.

We used to have lots of them. He first approached me after that one show we did together. He bluntly remarked that he found my crazy act during filming interesting. Well, I was never crazy, I just needed to stand out in the midst of other female idols on the show for survival sake.

"Hyunyoung-ah, what do you want to eat?"

I pressed my lips together, forcing a smile to be formed. Hyunyoung-ah...should I be thankful he didn't go as far as to call me Hyunyoung-ssi? He used to just call me pabo - idiot. I was his idiot, and he was my idiot.

But it feels like I'm the only idiot left now. Park Hyungsik, you've changed. Or has it always been this way? Was everything a lie? Or are you just not in need of me anymore now that you've hit it big and no longer a nobody?

"Drink your wine first. You're sweating..." 

I contemplated to add a 'pabo' at the end of my words, but decided against it.

"Oh..."

He almost instantly reached into his pocket for his handkerchief and sloppily wiped his face, before looking around cautiously once again even though there's barely anyone here other than the bartender, and gulped down his drink at one go. He's been doing that a lot. Of course, he's a star now. He couldn't be caught dating, especially not to someone as low-ranking as myself. We used to be of the same status, but with his growing fame, the status of female celebrities linked to him have also been steadily increasing.

What's he even wiping? He wasn't even really sweating. What's going through his mind? He never believed me. We always joked and pranked each other, Not telling and believing.

"I...actually I have something to say."

His horrible expression was enough a silent clarification. Everything I refuse to hear.

He wanted to break up.

"I..."

He stopped, involuntarily I'm sure, and scrunched his face, shaking his head.

"Are you alright?"

He nodded, but I know he lied.

"Did you...ever loved me?"

I carefully chose the words so he could be honest and it still wouldn't hurt.

He nodded.

"I love you too, Hyungsik pabo, forever. See you later, in heaven."

I smiled sweetly to him, as his face hit the counter.

Even if you don't love me anymore, the fact that we loved is beautiful, isn't it?

 


EIGHT

Title: an infinity and one
Fandom: tvxq
Rating: g
Warnings: none
Word count: 500

 

Yunho opens the door, heart aching yet longing at the same time.

It is in the exact condition when he left it. Funny how something could be so different yet so same to how it used to be.

 A flash of past plays before him, and he wills himself to remember.

Jaejoong was crying and everything was tossed and turned, as if he was possessed by the spirit of a mad man.

Yunho let him be. Let him let go of everything he felt. Yunho was in no position to judge when he was the one at fault. How could things turn sour this quickly?

They recently just celebrated their anniversary, with him surprising Jaejoong with a bouquet of white roses and blueberry cheese cake he baked himself, Jaejoong's favorites that Yunho knew by heart. 

It was going well, perfect even. So well that Jaejoong decided Yunho deserved some time for himself. He then proposed an idea that seemed brilliant to him at that time; get Yunho to meet up with his friends in someplace fun.

Yunho was confused at first. Why would he need his friends when he already had everything he needed and more right there?

"Go, you need some fun. We have an infinity and one, taking a day away won't ruin anything," Jaejoong had remarked, very confident and sure.

If only he knew how wrong he was at that time.

"I trust in you," Jaejoong had said with a smile so bright it's almost blinding, making Yunho fell in love all over again. Of course, Yunho agreed.

The task would be easy if his friends were at least a bit considerate and decided to go elsewhere but a freaking club.

"Live a little, Yunho!" was the kind of advice he absolutely did not need.

He should have left the first chance he got, but he trusted his friends more than his gut feeling. That in all should be stupid of him.

He was drinking way too much and a girl was standing way too close, trying to chat him up. Alcohol made his hormones go wild and the addition of the girl's strong scent did nothing to make it better. So safe to say, Yunho screwed up. 

He woke up with a splitting headache in an empty bed in somewhere unfamiliar. Naturally, he started dressing himself up and made his way home in a dash. No sign of his friends, but he gave no about them. Only Jaejoong was in his mind.

And when he got home, Jaejoong just needed to look at him once and he just knew. He could read Yunho like an open book and his disheveled appearance didn't help either.

Thus, the ruckus happened. Jaejoong even threw the silver ring he cherished all this time. It was too much, but Yunho was unable to cry then.

But he's crying now, gripping the cracked ring firmly while he regrets and never forgets.

I will still love you for another infinity and one.

 


NINE

Title: The Epidemic
Fandom: Beast
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: N/A
Word Count: 500

 

When the sickness for appeared, it seemed hopeful that someone would find a cure and it would be out if our lives. It would begin like a common cold, having all of the same symptoms. It killed off the elderly first, but as soon as someone was around the infected people, they would fall sick, too. Eventually the government began containing the infected in sick wards, the entire country falling into fear. After the fear came the paranoia and no one would go out anymore.

Yoseob and Kikwang watched as their loved ones got sick, but stuck together, hoping and praying that there would someday be a cure and things would go back to normal. Some days were harder than others, especially when the tension of the situation caused fights. After every fight, they would make up and remind one another that they were in this together. It would make them stronger to stay together and ride out this storm, hoping for a cure. Yoseob hadn't voiced his concerns to his lover of the entire country being wiped out and the two of them being left alone. It seemed inevitable to him, but he still remained strong for Kikwang.

One day, Kikwang called Yoseob into the living room, pointing to the tv, where the new was showing images of death. He turned to Yoseob, shaking his head in anger. "You know, I have to wonder if it was the government who STARTED the epidemic. What if they did it to weed out the 'unimportant people'?" He stared at Yoseob, shaking his head. "If they did that, I don't even know who to trust anymore." Kikwang stared at the screen again and Yoseob put a hand on his shoulder, comforting his lover in his fear. 

"It's possible," Yoseob finally spoke, smiling at him. "Don't worry. As long as we stay in here, we should be safe. They can't touch us and we'll make it through. They'll find a cure and everything will be alright. If nothing else, we can find a way out of the country and start a new life somewhere else. You're the only thing that matters to me." 

 

 

That night, they ate as little as possible, trying to conserve as much as possible. If thing s got worse, they could be here for a long time. Yoseob kept his spirits up, trying to stay strong for Kikwang. It almost seemed to be futile, at times, be he had to remember what was important to him. He would protect him any way possible. 

After two months of stay inside Yoseob the television, seeing wonderful news. It had passed and the virus was cured. The aftermath was terrible. Feeling dizzy, he walked back into his bedroom, shaking Kikwang awake. "It's over, babe. They  found a cure and the epidemic is gone. We're safe now." He felt hot tears falling from his eyes as he hugged his lover. They had made it and their love had kept them together. 

 


TEN

Title: From Me to You
Fandom: B.A.P
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: N/A
Word Count: 500

 

It was started with that day, the day that we met for the first time. All of the things that happened was because our sickness, with you who unable to see and me who consistently having a weak body and we both admitted in a same hospital. Maybe we were fated to meet each other. Our first meeting was normal, like other people and I didn’t realise that a simple hi could develop something more than that.  It would be a lie if I said I didn’t like your company. In fact, I looked forward to meet you every day and my resolution was the park since I always found you there. I did like walking at the park, taking a fresh air rather be confined a room that made me more distressed than ever and I assumed you were the same, loving the fresh air. It was one day that I found you more interesting; maybe it was because you looked cute at that time, grinning ear to ear while holding the cane stick and your fluffy cheeks didn’t help at all, making you cuter than ever.

Our encounters make us close. I was certainly happy whenever we spent time with each other. As a result, I learned that we both had a same hobby; singing. I like how you called my name, ‘Daehyunnie’ and how gentle it’s sounded, hearing it from you.  Loving you silently was hard. I was afraid that you were homophobic and detested me for loving you plus, you were never stated your ual preference before and I was a coward to bring up the subject. Then I realised that I should not gave up before I put up a fight so in the end, I decided to confess my love to you. To be truth I didn’t put much hope on it. You might reject me and I knew that my love to you is taboo. The thing that I feared didn’t happen. Instead, our feeling was mutual and I couldn’t get any happier than this. Our feeling was genuine and the fact that we loved is beautiful.

But life is cruel, by the times that we yearned for each other; we were separated by the fate. I remembered our first kiss; it did felt like my heart was doing summersault when our lips touched and I couldn’t help the feeling of adrenaline of my heart when you caressed my hand. I responded to your kiss, savouring the sweet taste and the softness of your warm lips. Out of sudden, I could feel a metallic taste in your mouth and you slowly pushed me away from you. I was startled when you coughing fit at your place, with bloods spluttered, certainly it weren’t a good sign. I was guided by the nurse, out of your room and I was afraid, afraid to lose you forever. Now you had gone for forever, I was devastated. Tell me Youngjae, what should I do if you’re me?

 


ELEVEN

Title: Falling
Fandom: BTS/Bangtan Sonyeondan
Rating: PG
Warnings: minor cursing, possible trigger.
Word Count: 500

 

 

The grip tightens.

 

It feels almost as if he’s choking, the hold over him so strong and indefinably powerful. Never once did Jimin think that he would find himself at the current point he was at the moment.

There were still promises left unkept and nights spent unslept since the day he left and every tangible and rational thought ceased to process functionally through Jimin’s mind.

It was all his fault.

Had he not been so ing stupid, then none of this would have ever happened. He wouldn’t be alone on the very same rooftop that he had been shown by the ghost of his past, left to ponder on the effects of one drunken night spent in a cheap hotel room, with someone other than who he was supposed to be with.

If only he had just said no and went to visit him like he had promised to do. If only he answered his phone when it rang for the fifth time that evening.

Then, maybe his feet wouldn’t be dangling dangerously off from the ledge as he stared hundreds of feet past his bright red converse, to the busy city street below, the hold of his hands on the edge of the brick roof the only thing keeping him from falling.

Correction.

They weren’t Jimin’s bright red converse.

No.

They were his.

Min Yoongi’s.

A gift from Namjoon for his twenty-second birthday.

His last and final birthday.

God, Jimin felt so helpless.

After years spent together, working so hard to fight off a disease that couldn’t be cured, all he wanted was a break. Just one short little break for one night.

He had no idea that when he came to his senses the following morning and noticed that five missed calls turned into fifty and that none of them were from the one person he secretly hoped they would be, that he would have wasted away the last chance he would ever have to be with his best friend, and the unforgettable love of his life.

What a sick and cruel joke.

Jimin released a shaky breath, laughing cynically to himself as he stayed perched upon the ledge. That night was still fresh in his mind even after four ing years. But, he couldn’t bring himself to move on.

Because moving on meant that it would all end.

He had screwed up, but that didn’t mean that he wanted to forget Yoongi.

Every sickeningly sweet and paralyzingly painful moment they spent together was a moment he did and always would cherish.

Every laugh.

Every tear.

Every scream.

Every dream.

Everything.

They were all so precious to him.

Yet, he had royally and skillfully screwed it up.

The only comfort he had left was the fact that, even though Yoongi could no longer be a part of his future, the past was forever present, and he wanted to die remembering all of the good times they had shared.

And, so he did.

 

The grip loosens.

 

He falls.

 


TWELVE

Title: Deepest Regrets
Fandom: Utada Hikaru
Rating: G
Warnings: None
Word Count: 500

 

 My dearest Toshi,

If you're reading this, please know that I didn't leave because of our fight. What I'm sorry for is that things had to end this way. I beg you not to remember me as the woman who flung a container of cold noodles at you, but as someone who cared about you, because honestly, I have come to like you a lot in just under a year.

I suppose it would help if I were to explain...you're not going to like it. First of all, you know me as Hikaru, but I cannot tell you my real name, because that would mean that I would either have to dispose of you, or hold you in a cell for a long time. It was my mission to keep tabs on you while others were investigating a possible lead into something dangerous, which I'm afraid I cannot disclose. Now, you may start to doubt my feelings for you and whether anything that happened this year was real, but I can assure you that I really did start to love you, which is dangerous in my line of work. I can't tell you how much I would have enjoyed continuing to live with you, making breakfast with you every morning, and stepping out of the shower giggling because neither of us want it to end. I'll miss that.

Once again, I'm sorry that I have to leave you feeling the way you do. I'm afraid that my identity has been compromised, and am no longer able to remain here. If I do, then I would endanger the both of us. Then again, I'm not sure you're completely safe either if they know that I've been involved with you. I pray you'll be safe. If anything happens to you, I don't think I could take it. I will check on you from time to time by special means, but you won't be able to do the same with me; another thing I apologize for.

Hikaru...that is one of my personal favorite names because it's so pretty, and I hope you remember me by that name well. Don't doubt that I deeply care about you and will miss you. Who can say if what we had was approaching the ever elusive love, but there has never been a mission that's been so dear to my heart, and I can safely say that I will never forget you. You are a very wonderful man, Toshi. I mean that. Please don't forget me either.

Deepest regrets,

Hikaru.

Grabbing a lighter and the ashtray, Code Name - Light burned the words of her heart to ashes and left it on the table. Her trained heart broke as she left what she was almost beginning to call a home with Toshiro. Such feelings were always dangerous, especially when she breached protocol by writing a letter with the truth, which she never did before. But, she steeled her heart and left, not even daring to look back.

 


THIRTEEN

Title: Only Beautiful Memories
Fandom: VIXX
Rating: pg
Warnings: None
Word Count: 500

 

Ravi entered the busy streets of the market, almost feeling lost in the whole confusion. His roommate had put him in charge of the ingredients for their dinner, and directed him to that place, for cheaper prices.

He had to stop and take a couple of seconds to center himself, looking around to try and locate what he needed. He started to walk again, wanting to make it fast, but the more steps he took, more he found things that fascinated him. He ended up strolling around all the booths, observing all the market had to offer. He got distracted, forgetting all about the list in his hand, and just enjoying the atmosphere. The beautiful confusion of the market had become endearing to him, it felt like a nice place to be at.

But the warmth he was feeling in his heart didn’t last long. In the crowd of voices, he heard something that was once very dear to him. A sweet laughter that long ago had brought him so much happiness, but now gave him cold chills. The mesmerizing voice of his ex-girlfriend, very close to him.

She was only one booth away, and he easily found her. Smiling brightly, she turned to someone who was next to her, a guy. It was her new boyfriend.

She seemed happy, at peace. Ravi felt broken inside every time he thought of her, so many regrets, so many mistakes. But what he always wished was to see her well, for her to have a better life than him.

His body felt cold, his tongue was trapped. Should he talk to her? How would she react after being apart for so long?

He just stared, and in a moment, for a quick glimpse, their eyes met. She saw him, she recognized him. But her stare didn’t hold, she looked away. She wouldn’t talk to him.

He knew it would be like that, and it was probably for the best. If they met now, it would probably open up some bad wounds. And he didn’t want that. He had just finally come into terms with the end of their relationship, and he didn’t want to undo all the work he went through.

It was hard to let go, for a long time he only thought of the bad things. What he could have done better, what went wrongs. But he had slowly trained himself, fiercely, to only think of the good things. Of how they started, of the sweet moments they had. He liked it better that way.

If just seeing her, hearing her voice, made him think about the bad again, then he shouldn’t speak to her, it would only make it worse.

He’d let her go. And in his heart, he’d keep the warm memories of their times together. He’d mask away his pain, and think of how beautiful their love was. Even if it was not everlasting, it was love nonetheless, and it held a special place in his memories.

 


FOURTEEN

Title: Imagining
Fandom: SNSD
Rating: PG
Warnings: girl+girl implied
Word Count: 500

 

Just thinking about Tiffany makes me wonder if I was wrong. Did I imagine it when I looked into her eyes and saw the love there? It seemed real, the tenderness in her gaze. The way she told me that she loved me while gazing in my eyes.

I must have been such a fool to believe her, to fall for her lies. Was it really so easy?

She made me feel like I mattered, for the first time ever. Made me realize that I, Kim Taeyeon, was no longer invisible. I could see myself as she said I was: beautiful. Even now I can feel her touch, the mist of her breath on my cheek as she whispers sweet words into my ear. Even after all she did, I still think that maybe she really did love me.

Does my thinking like that make me a fool?

Maybe.

I remember thinking that she was totally out of my league as soon as I saw her. She was standing in the middle of the party, laughing and chatting with a crowd of girls and guys, all hanging onto her every word. The total opposite of me, standing as near to the wall as I could get, my drink held in front of my like some sort of shield. Somehow our eyes met, and to this day I still can't describe the feeling. It felt like fate. She gave her excuses to the disappointed crowd around her, then made her way across the room, her lips curving into a smile as she neared me. I couldn't help it; I looked aroound to find who she was gazing at, and when I turned back, she was standing in front of me, introducing herself.

I should have known, even then, should have stuck to my initial feelings and kept my distance. She was too good for me and we both knew it, but I couldn't help myself. Everything about her was perfect. How could anyone avoid falling in love with her? Certainly not me. And I know that I was never enough to be able to keep her to myself. It was only a matter of time before her eyes began to wander, before she found others to satisfy her where I could not. After all, I was so below her league in the first place.

So was it my fault in the end, when she found another who could make her happier than I could? It was a miracle that we had ever loved at all. A miracle that I had the chance to love her, for an insignificant person like me to be with a goddess like her. For me to find such a beautiful love, no matter how fleeting, no matter that she was better than me, it was more than I deserved. That fact was enough for me. Yet I always find myself back to my original question.

Was it all a lie? Or did she truly love me?

 


FIFTEEN

Title: Dear You
Fandom: BigBang
Rating: non-rated
Warning: none
Word count: 500


Dear love,

There are some things that can never be repaired. You cannot a flower and wait for it to bloom again if it had wilted and you cannot sew up a heart that was once torn. Sure, you can pray that it all would be okay, that the coming spring will bring new blossoms and memories of the past will fade away, but not even those who reside in the skies would be able to help.

And yet, I watched you try again and again to heal what was once our love. You kissed me and held me tight and pleaded for me to stay. It's quite funny how I could do nothing: I just shook my head and watched as the last rose of the bouquet you had bought me some weeks back withered. Of course, it did not happen overnight, just like how we did not fall out of love suddenly. Both happened slowly and we barely noticed until it was too late.

I admit it, at times I regret leaving you. You were my one true love, the only man I had ever fallen for. It was so, so hard to resist the bittersweet temptation: I wanted to go back home. I wanted to kiss you and hug you and love you again.

But I could not. I was too much of a coward to run back to the apartment we used to share, to beg for your forgiveness, your mercy, your love your...

I don't even know why I am writing this to you. I know that you will read it but...will it really matter? Will you care, will you remember will you think of running back to me? 

Dear love, I know that you have moved on. It is funny because I thought I would be the first one to have someone else. And yet, you are getting married. She is beautiful. She is precious and she can give you everything in the whole wide world that I cannot. She is a fruit tree that will go into bloom every spring, I am a mere daisy on the brink of withering.

Sometimes, I think of calling you. I still know your number, you know. It's still saved just like the silly hearts that you demanded me to add after your name.

Dear love, do you think I am foolish for still loving you? For remembering all the good times and the bad ones, and the laughs and tears we shared and the hugs and kisses and your touches...

Sometimes, I feel ready to fall in love again. I take a deep breath and encourage myself to go on. After all, I was the one who wanted us to end, right?

If only someone would fix that stupid heart of mine.

I wish I had once last chance with you. I promise, I would never let you go.

Because you know, the fact that we loved was beautiful...
Even if it broke me.


Jiyong

 


SIXTEEN

Title: From the Moon [to the Sun]
Fandom: BTS
Rating: PG
Warnings: None
Word Count: 500 words

 

Dear Sujin,

    I’m sorry we had to end this way. I’m sorry we ended at all.

If I could, I’d go back in time, take hold of your hand and never let go. You were and always will be my joy and happiness; the light in my darkness. Never will your beauty fade in my mind, and never will I find someone who could compare to you.

I feel like I spent forever chasing you, and you were always out of reach. Our relationship was a burst of passion too short; a spark that was snuffed out too soon. If I could, I’d ask for you to come back, but I don’t deserve to ask. You don’t deserve to have me ask, even if I were down on my knees with tears streaming down my face. I wouldn’t want you to take me back. You deserve better. I’m sorry.

You know, Shakespeare once wrote, “But soft, what light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun.” Sujin, you are my sun; my Juliette. But if you are the sun then I am the moon, cursed into darkness, never to see your face. I was blessed to be in your presence as long as I was, and could not ask for more. It still breaks my heart though, that the one sunset I saw was the sunset of our relationship, but I will bear my punishment without qualms. It is not you who is at fault, but me. I know that now, and I regret that I had not realized it sooner.

Ironically, Shakespeare also wrote, “Don't waste your love on somebody who doesn't value it.”

You should never have wasted your time on me, but I am thankful for every second you did. I will always treasure our memories above all else, and etch them into every crevice of my being until I am no more than a shrine to you. You deserve nothing less than my full dedication, whether you care about me or not. Please allow me to keep these memories of us, it’s my reason to live. Without you dwelling even faintly in my heart, I’m afraid I’ll die.

An elephant can die of a broken heart.

They just lay down and cry if their mate dies, and starve to death. They stop caring about themselves because the one they love has passed on.

I won’t die. I swear it. I’ll keep moving forwards until the day when there’s nothing left of me, and then the doubters can say, “he lived until he died.”

I know you might not open this letter, and maybe these words will go eternally unread, but even if you don’t care anymore and there’s no room in your mind for me, I just want you to know this:

Even if all I have left are the ashes of what was, what we shared was priceless to me, and I’ll never regret falling in love.

Faithfully,
    Kim Taehyung.

 


SEVENTEEN

Title: The Chances of Falling
Fandom: BTS
Rating: PG
Warnings: n/a
Word Count: 500
 
"There are approximately 8 billion people living, standing, breathing on the earth today. And so, the chance that two people will meet again by pure chance is unlikely. The chance that those two people will meet again and fall in love is ever more so a miracle in itself. However, isn't that how most love stories are? A man and a woman would come to know each other and realize that maybe the string of love had their pinkies bound together, and that fate had something up its sleeve for the two. That’s what we are, and will continue to be, a miracle produced by the power of love."

Jin scribbled those words hastily on a blank sheet of paper. He then took a second glance at the last sentence, grimacing at how cringe worthy the last phrase sounded. 'Produced by the power of love'? Those words wouldn’t suffice. Jin tapped his pencil with his right hand and his brows were arched. How will he be able to finish writing these 'once in a lifetime' words, words that will ultimately determine his future?

A shimmer of inspiration came knocking on Jin's head. It whispered to him to think about her, the very reason he had penned those words down. It whispered to him to think of that time when she crashed into him on the sidewalk, which led her to fall straight into his arms. That was their first encounter. 

The memory of the second time they came across the other flashed in Jin's mind shortly after. It just so happened that she stood behind him in the supermarket, waiting in line for the cashier. When it was Jin's turn to pay, a few coins flew out of his wallet, resulting in the man bending down to pick up his money. Embarrassingly, he slipped and landed right in the arms of the woman behind him. She chuckled, a sound that instantly became a melody to Jin's ears. "We have a slight tendency to fall for each other, don't you think?"

The upward curve on her lips led Jin to grin. "Apparently we do." And so, smiles led to small chats, which led to longer conversations. Conversations resulted to a greedy desire of longing for the other, and love soon blossomed between them. Jin and the girl had fallen into the arms of love with each other.
 
Jin beamed at their shared memories, happy that he was able to have a chance to love. He picked his pencil back up, and erased a few words before continuing to write.

"That's what we are, and will continue to be, a miracle produced by love itself. The fact that we loved is beautiful. The fact that we are still in love is more beautiful. The fact that I know we will love in the future is beautiful beyond words. Thank you for loving me." 
 
Jin smiled genuinely into the air, paper at hand. It was time to enunciate those words on one knee.

 


 

BONUS

title: untitled
fandom: seventeen
rating: pg
warnings: none
word count: 500
note: here's a little bonus from me, since I write all of these prompts before giving them to you. I wrote 500 words exactly, so I just made that the word count, and that's pretty much how the rest of these will work as well~

 

It wasn't a love that was meant to last.

They had started out with the most amazing chemistry, and that was how Seungcheol had known. Flames die out quicker the stronger they start - all the fuel is used up in the beginning, and then there's none left to sustain its life for much longer.

Jeonghan came home late one day, smiling. It had been a long time since Seungcheol had seen that kind of happiness on his face, not recently, since they had been fighting more often than cuddling, and missed each other more often that not. He knew, immediately. The time they spent together was few and precious, mostly wasted away with meaningless words and hurtful arguments. There was no reason for Jeonghan to look forward to it with a smile.

Seungcheol would let him go quietly. He had no right to lay claim to a happiness that wasn't for him, or wasn't because of him. He deserved better than to sit in the sidelines of Jeonghan's life when his rightful place was right at his side - where there was now someone else, apparently.

He knew it was over, because when Jeonghan came home with a smile on his face, the first thing Seungcheol thought of was the first time he had seen that same smile. Their first (official) date - and it was beautiful. He had never seen a more captivating person. And he thinks the same now, months later.

The Jeonghan in his mind wasn't the Jeonghan that stood before him, so Seungcheol would back down without a fight. He was tired, after all this time of hanging on. There was a limit to how strong he was, he was only human, he still had the instinct to preserve himself above all else.

So when Jeonghan invited him to lunch with one of his new colleagues, a transfer from the American branch of his company, or something, Seungcheol went and put on his bravest smile. He laughed along with them, participated in the conversation from time to time, though it was mostly Jeonghan that did the talking. When Seungcheol stood to leave, citing an urgent assignment he had to finish up, Jeonghan rose with him. They bade their goodbyes and parted ways with Jeonghan's new coworker, and found a nice stretch of shade to sit in.

"The fact that we loved is beautiful," Seungcheol said, not looking at Jeonghan. It hurt too much to look. "But I think we've both moved on now."

When Jeonghan didn't say anything, Seungcheol continued. "I see the way you look at Joshua. He makes you smile, in a way that I don't. You deserve him. He'll treat you well," Seungcheol insisted. Joshua was nice, something Seungcheol could tell only from their first meeting.

"Thank you," Jeonghan replied, simply. He didn't drag it out, and Seungcheol pushed himself off the ground.

"Well, I guess it's good bye then."

And for the first time in months, Seungcheol cried himself to sleep.


 

Again, the voting post will be up soon with instruction on how to vote (any votes casted before then will be deleted). If you read all of those drabbles, I commend you! Thank you for reading down here anyway, as well as for your support of these writers and their drabbles (be sure to leave a comment if any of these really moved you!)