Week Two: Drabbles

LDWS: Last Drabble Writer Standing | final winner announced + reveals & notes posted!

This week, two people skipped due to personal reasons. Eliminations/voting will not be changed.


 

ONE

 

Title: do you believe in second chances?
Fandom: seventeen
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Word count: 150

 

Mingyu turns, to find a bouquet of daisies hiding a familiar face with a cheeky grin. Mingyu rolls his eyes, ready to ignore the other guy. 

"Can you at least smile for me?" He has no right to even request anything from Mingyu.

"Wonwoo, stop it. Remember what happened back then?"

Wonwoo seems stunned, face turning serious all of the sudden.

"Words cannot define how sorry I am, but here I am standing right in front of you wanting to right what I did wrong. A chance is all I need."

There he go again, making Mingyu doubt himself. True, Wonwoo still holds a special place in his heart despite everything.

"How would I know you're being sincere?" Mingyu hates being vulnerable, but he needs reassurance.

Wonwoo's hands are gentle and his eyes full of determination as he stares at Mingyu.

"I swear I'm not playing around. Not this time."

 


 

TWO

Title: Like a Gazelle
Fandom: Miss A
Rating: pg
Warnings: None
Word Count: 150


Only one mistake, one slip of attention, and their lives changed. She was pregnant.

Her entire career seemed to crash. She didn’t know what to do. How could she go on?

He thought, deeply. He had to find something to help their situation; to help her.

“Suzy.”

He called, but there was silence. All the energy had escaped her body, she could barely think.

“Marry me.”

Surprise wrote itself on her face, as she looked up at him in disbelief.

“What?”

She thought he was joking, he had to be joking. But she got angry. He shouldn’t joke. It was her who would be pregnant, unable to work, but always in the eyes of cameras, like a gazelle in the eyes of a lion.

“I know it seems like I’m just saying that, but I’m not playing around. I want to marry you.”

He meant it, and she saw that.

 


 

THREE

Title: untitled
Fandom: BTS/Bangtan Sonyeondan
Rating: PG
Warnings: possible trigger
Word Count: 150

 

The chilly air combined with rain bit away harshly at Taehyung's fingers as he sat on the rooftop and it was enough to leave the man shivering and rubbing his own arms up and down to warm himself.

He let out a shaky sigh as he huddled closer. Taehyung half-expected Hoseok to come barging through the door any moment and chide him for being out in this weather.

But that wouldn’t happen.

The joy and hope Hoseok gave off was all fake. He was in deeper turmoil than anyone could ever imagine.

Taehyung still remembered how hysterical he was on the last day. He planned to end it all on that rooftop. The younger man wished he had taken him more serious than he had, because the words that left Hoseok's mouth would haunt him for the rest of his life.

"I'm not playing around."

And then he was gone.

 


 

FOUR

Title: Silent Love
Fandom: Seventeen
Rating: PG
Warnings: None
Word Count: 150
 
Mingyu sat outside, waiting for Wonwoo. He knew that the older boy was late because of his current lover. Sighing, he also knew that he didn't stand a chance against her. Wonwoo was completely blind and Mingyu wished that he would open his eyes and see that he deserved better. The tall young man's heart ached as he thought about what could be. He would never hurt Wonwoo. 

He stood up when he saw Wonwoo's car pull up. He smiled at Wonwoo as he got into it silently.
 
 
Mingyu stayed at Wonwoo's house that night, happy to be near him. Leaning over, he kissed him lightly on the lips. Wonwoo jerked away, shocked. "What the...?" 
When he pulled back, Mingyu turned away from him. He knew that Wonwoo would never understand that he wasn't playing around. He would love him silently, forever. At least he had the kiss to remember.

 


 

FIVE

Title: Tease
Fandom: VIXX
Rating: PG
Warnings: boy+boy
Word Count: 150

 

Hakyeon's breath was a tickle on the back of Taekwoon's neck. "I'd like to see you in that," he said. Taekwoon's face flushed with embarrassment.

Dropping the y garment, Taekwoon turned, intent on telling him off, but Hakyeon was already moving away with a laugh. Taekwoon kept in his huff of frustration, wishing that he hadn't agreed to come along that day. Wonshik was a friend of his, though, and he'd practically begged Taekwoon to come, even though Wonshik's other friend Hakyeon made him uncomfortable... in too personal of ways.

Finally back in the van, with Wonshik jabbering happily about the swimwear he had bought for the upcoming house party, Taekwoon settled into his seat and looked out the window. He could feel Hakyeon's eyes on him, shifted, then said bluntly, "I wish you wouldn't tease me like that."

Silence, then Hakyeon leaned forward, serious for once. "I'm not teasing."

 


 

SIX

Title: A Falling World
Fandom: V/Taehyung (BTS)
Rating: PG
Warnings: Character Death
Word Count: 150

The world rumbled and tilted, and when Taehee opened her eyes, she saw the punctured ceiling.

No. 

It was the wall. The apartment had careened to its side. 

She whirled. "Dad?"

From four feet away, Taehyung coughed. His forehead bled and his body, save for his left arm and head, was pinned under rubble. "Run." He pointed up at their shattered window. With a chill, Taehee caught sight of the skyscraper hovering right above them.

"Another quake and it'll crush us."

Taehee bit her lips until they bled. "No. Not without you." She clawed at the debris on top of him. "Please," she whispered. "Please!"

With his one hand, Taehyung slapped at her ankles. "There's no time! Stop playing around!" He growled. 

"I'm not! I can't leave you! I—I love you! I—"

The ground shook again. 

And Taehee kneeled to hug her father... as the world fell down on them.

 


 

SEVEN

Title: What's On Your Mind, Friend?
Fandom: GOT7
Rating: G
Warnings: None
Word Count: 150 words
 
I can feel Yugyeom's heavy gaze resting on me as we shuffle down the darkened street side by side, just two friends returning home after a trip to the mall. My bags rustle and bounce lightly against the outside of my knee with each step, and I keep my gaze fixed straight ahead on the twinkling lights of the sleeping city to avoid the stare burning into the side of my head.
 
Finally, I break. “What?” I inquire looking up at my best friend, b with curiosity. Yugyeom doesn't look away or laugh awkwardly at being caught. Something's up.
 
“You're really beautiful, you know.”
 
I snort and gently elbow him, “Thanks, you too.”
 
“I'm serious.”
 
Yugyeom's never serious. I stare at him openly, noticing the dark shadows cast across his handsome face and the conflicting emotion hidden within them. His voice becomes a soft whisper.
 
“Will you be my girlfriend?”

 


 

EIGHT

Title: Positive
Fandom: BigBang
Rating: non-rated
Warning: none
Word count: 150

"You're joking," a bitter chuckle escaped those thin lips I loved kissing so much. Seunghyun's dark eyes stared straight into my own: he had truly expected me to be playing around. He should have known that I was not one to fool around, or at least not when it came to serious subjects. Of course, even I was surprised. I had lost all hope long ago ...

My lower lip trembled as I stood on my tiptoes, kissing him briefly. It was just a chaste brush of lips against lips but it meant so much to us...

"I am so happy!" he said as he pulled away, tears shining in his bottomless eyes."Are you really, sure?" he asked just a minute later.

I nodded as my eyes fell on the small strip of soaked-through paper in my hands. The plus sign was quite evident in its middle."I am positive."

 


 

NINE

Title: Don't Love Me (I Can't Handle It)
Fandom: Lee Minho, Bae Suzy
Rating: PG
Warnings: none
Word Count: 150


He loves me. He loves me not. 
Suzy stares at the white daisy in her hand. It’s fragile body sways in the wind, the petals dying to break away and fly with the gentle breeze. She cups it’s side with her palm, blocking it’s exit to freedom. 

Two more petals are plucked off. 

Lee Minho is the star of the basketball team. He’s arguably one of the most popular boys in their school and has the looks of a human Adonis. He’s perfect. A little too perfect. 

“I’m not playing around,” he’d declared as they walked to her house. “I really do like you. I might even… love you, almost.”

She had laughed right in his face. Guys like Lee Minho didn’t fall in love with girls like Bae Suzy.

He loves me. He loves me not. 

She hesitantly picks off the last petal, holding her breath. 

He... loves me.

 


 

TEN

Title: There is a Boy
Fandom: MAMAMOO, Phantom, mention!Beenzino
Word count: 150
Rating: G
Warnings: none
 
 
A certain dimpled girl would never believe that she would be meeting the love of her life, today. 

Jung Wheein had confidence in singing and sometimes dancing. However, talking to guys wasn't her strong point. Hwasa, her honey thighed and beautiful friend, thought otherwise. 

("I'm not joking. This guy is totally your ideal type.")

There was no way she could back out. Hwasa locked her out of their own waiting room. 

And so she stood there shyly. The brunette shyly announced a hello. Her fingers trembled, her voice shook, and her voice cracked. There, sitting on the couch, was not Beenzino, but Hanhae of Phantom. 

"Can I help you?" 

His voice was like lemonade, tart and refreshing. There was no way she was asking him. Hwasa wasn't kidding. Hanhae was her ideal type. They chatted for what felt like hours. 

"Let's go out sometime."

He smiled. Oh, that smile. 

"Yes." 


ELEVEN

Title: Collecting Scattered Feathers
Fandom: GOT7's Jackson & KARA's Youngji
Rating: PG
Warnings: -
Word Count: 150
 
Do you remember the story of the boy who cut his pillow to allow feathers to fly into the wind? And later the boy was asked to collect all those feathers to learn the lesson that once words escape your mouth, you'll never get it back? I was that boy, Youngji, when I decided to tease you and laugh at the braids and rounded glasses you used to wear back in elementary school. I broke your heart when I jokingly declared we weren't friends anymore in junior high. Now in high school, I confessed that I love you, but you didn't believe me. But I, Jackson, wasn't playing around this time. I know I've said too much injurious words that I can't retrieve back, like those feathers in the wind. However, I'll collect all those feathers somehow, and shower you with sweet nothings in your ear, until my last breath.


TWELVE

Title: Don't Ever Say
Fandom: FT Island 
Rating: PG
Warnings: none
Word Count: 150

 

Hongki is close enough that he can hear the hitch of Jonghun's breath and feel the way his pulse races under Hongki's fingertips.

But Jonghun pushes him away, wiping his lips with the back of his hand, lips that Hongki had kissed just seconds before. "Was that what you wanted to say?" he asks, his tone too light, his smile too bright.

Hongki swallows and looks away. It's funny how words can fail him at the most inopportune times. "Jonghun," he begins, but Jonghun is already standing up.

"I need to go," Jonghun says. "Talk to me later."

Hongki knows that he can't. The chances of them ever meeting again are slim to none.

I’m serious about this, he wants to tell Jonghun. He wants to preserve their past two decades of friendship and hold on to Jonghun’s hand. But when Hongki reaches out, his fingers close around thin air. 

 


 

THIRTEEN

Title: Kiss Him Goodbye
Fandom: Exo
Rating: g
Warnings: Character death
Word Count: 150

 

If Yerim had heeded her friends' concerns about dating the oddball, Park Chanyeol, then maybe she wouldn't be running away from him desperately in the middle of the night. Dimly lit lamposts flickered over her skin as her legs picked up their pace; the once steady beats of her heart now thumping into an unstable rhythm.

Yerim knew she was screwed when she reached a dead end in the street.

"Babe." His breath hovered over the back of her neck. "I told you I was in the mafia, didn't I?"

Unable to face the man she once loved, Yerim remained frozen in her posture, eyes b with tears. "I thought you were joking."

Chanyeol hummed as he carressed the strands of her hair. "Sweetheart, I never played around with you."

Something cold and rigid was pressed against the back of her head before a silenced noise pierced throughout the air. 

 


 

BONUS

Title: untitled
Fandom: EXO
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Word count: 150

It had amused you, a fact which amuses me when I think back on it. How could you not have known? How could you have been so blind as to miss what was literally right in front of your face? I hung clues around like Christmas decorations go up after Thanksgiving, but you never complained, never even noticed. I watched your shocked face as you watched me - your eyes widened the biggest I had ever seen them, and your mouth dropped to form an 'o' - and you were beautiful, a hand raised to cover your mouth and tears starting to form in your eyes. I could feel your love in that moment, and I smiled despite my nervousness, because I finally was sure of what you would say.

"The love of my life," I began, grinning up at you from one knee, "Kim Jongdae. Will you marry me?"

 


 

Voting is opened at the time of posting. (The result and/or next week's prompt might be a little late, because I'm out of town for the weekend and I don't know if I'll have wifi or not. It will be up by Monday night, and the drabbles might just be pushed back to being due on Thursday/Friday and results will come out on Sunday.)