Rules and Guidelines

LDWS: Last Drabble Writer Standing | final winner announced + reveals & notes posted!

rules and guidelines


general

001. All drabbles must revolve around a kpop group or member an East Asian artist or creation (this means that you're now free to write about K-pop artists, anime, Mandopop, J-pop, etc.).

002. Weekly prompts will be posted on Sunday, drabbles will be due and posted by Wednesday and voting will occur on Thursday and Friday, with the results posted on Saturday.

003. Participants have one skip for the challenge.

004. All drabbles have an assigned word count that will be released with the prompt.

005. Drabbles must reflect the prompt in some way that is obvious to the reader, otherwise writers have free reign to interpret and incorporate it however they wish (in other words, be creative).

 006. Drabbles will be posted anonymously to ensure fairness.

007. Submissions must be sent via PM to this account or by creating a private story and adding me as co-author (the latter method is preferable, but please remember to PM me when you're done writing). Please do not post your drabble to your own account or to another social media and/or writing site until after the challenge is over.

008. Please refrain from writing drabbles that are a continuation of another submission, set in an au of one of your other fics, or otherwise have ties between you and the drabble.

009. You may use a beta, but please make sure that they can keep your drabble a secret.

010. Please refrain from negative comments of any nature.

 

voting and elimination

001. Voting will be held every Thursday and Friday. Readers will vote through comment.

002. Readers will vote for one favorite drabble (+1) and one least favorite (-1). Each week the participant(s) whose work receives the lowest scores will be eliminated.

003. Each person has one vote. Anonymous voting is not allowed. Voting will be done through comment. Instructions on how to do so will be up with the drabble posts. Participants may vote but they may not vote for their own piece.

004. In the event of a tie, the participant with more votes for whichever category will win.

If it is discovered and proven that an author released their drabble before the challenge has ended, released information about which drabble was theirs, used more than one beta, plagiarised another fic (including using a line from their own, as this breaks the secrecy rule), or otherwise breaks another rule, they will be disqualified.

submitting

When submitting a drabble please set your story to "draft" status and add me as a co-author or set the story to "invite-only" and invite me to read it. This way you can have all of your drabbles in one place and I can access them without anyone else being able to.

After that, your drabble should have the following heading:

Title:
Fandom:
Rating:
Warnings:
Word Count:

And everything after the heading counts towards the final word count, but only this. (Read: the header doesn't count as words for your drabble, only the drabble itself counts.)

Also, it would be preferable if you don't touch your text. Leave the font, font size, color, etc, just as it is. Italics are allowed - but if you didn't add me as a co-author, I can't go to your source code and get the drabble as is so the italics won't show up on the posted drabble unless you add the html tags (< i >word here < / i > - without the spaces) for me to manually do it.

 


 

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to ask! I'm here to clarify any question and/or problem.