Befriend

It takes two to...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I know you are there, come here for a second.",Minseok said while pouring the brewed coffee into a cup, he knows about Yixing's presence somewhere in the room. The prince appears from the door that connected the cafe and the hallways."The cafe is closed today but you can be my honor customer. Do you drink coffee?"

"Yes."

"Great, have a sit.",Yixing nods and takes a seat near the counter while Minseok is busying himself to prepare dessert.

"I'm sorry about the other day."

"It's pretty normal to act defensively when you barely knew who you are staying with.",He serves the food for Yixing and the Prince observes the coffee and the slice of strawberry cake. "Have yourself. You will love it.",The prince takes the fork near him and has a taste of the cake. He pauses when the taste of strawberry and chocolate mixed together so well in his mouth. Not to mention the cake is so spongy and creamy. He really loves it.

"It's so tasty.", The prince has a sip of the coffee and his world is covered with flowers and butterflies. The combination of the coffee and the cake is remarkable. He finishes it all up instantly.

"You can drink and eat as much as you want.",He fills the cup again and brings out the whole sliced cake. "Do you remember the doctor that came yesterday? It was his nephew who made it. There is no one can beat his delicate recipe.You should meet him--I mean you will meet him sooner or later.",He grins while staring straight into the prince's eyes. Then, his grin slowly disappears when he notices that the prince looks away as if he wants to avoid other from reading his mind again.

"Lay..You're worrying, I know."

"How can someone be calm when their family and friends are captivated? I can't do it.",Minseok turns silent but the prince fails to notice what's bugging his mind at that moment. "Maybe treating you a coffee and cake won't make you less worry either. What can I do to make you feel better?"

"I want to meet someone."

"Is he that important?",The prince nods. Scarlet Ice will help him. That's what Jongdae wants him to. "Alright..do you know where he is living now?",Minseok is heavy-hearted to help but if it can make other feels better, he has to take the risk.

"I...I don't know.",Yixing quickly grabs his sleeve to catch his attention. "But if you know that person, will you let me see him?",The prince looks at him with hope and trust which is really hard to say no to.

"Depends on who you are looking for.."

"So is that a yes?"

"His name?"

"It's not really a name..I think."

"It doesn't matter."

"Scarlet Ice..Does it sound familiar?", Minseok doesn't expect to be someone whom the prince wants to meet that much. He laughs in relieved which is not what the prince expected to hear.

"Why are you laughing?"

"Hahah..I'm sorry. But your request is impossible to be fulfilled."

"Why not?"

"Because--",The ship stops abruptly and there is a loud sound coming from outside. Minseok peeks through the small window to see who aboard his ship without his permission and to his unanticipated, it's actually a small group of pirates who hijack his ship; he could have crossed their hunting area. "A few uninvited guests. Can't they read the closed sign?"

"Guests?"

"Unfriendly guests. Let's hide.", Minseok drags the prince to the cabinet which is created for precaution purpose. It has enough area to hide two adults and a child. "Stay here until I call for you."

"Aren't you going to hide too?"

"I can't let them do whatever they want. I have to stop them."

"But--What are you going to do?"

"I will chase them out. No one should ever take my baby away.",He closes the cabinet to cut off their conversation and leaves the room. Minseok is pretty brave in the Prince's opinion. Can he do it alone? 

A few minutes later, a sound of an opening door is heard which startles him for awhile. "Minseok?", He thought of him at first but when he hears the conversation, he knows that a group of people is already in the same room as him. He doesn't know what's going on and it isn't his first time to feel apprehensive in his life.

"Woah, we can have our morning coffee here. We did hit the jackpot!"

"This is weird. No one in here too?"

"They probably had escaped already."

"Captain..are you sure this is not a ghost ship?"

"Quit the nonsense. There is no ghost in the middle of the day.",Yixing bits his lips and tries to control his breathing when the footsteps are getting closer.

"What if they are hiding? If they had left, we should have spotted them already."

"You are right. We should split up and see what lies here."

"I will check this room."

"I'm going to the control room.",The prince is sure that they were already split up as their footsteps are scattering to a different direction. He doesn't know what happened to the ship owner. Did they catch him already? The thought of it is making his heart flutters in worry. He peeks through the only hole that is made for observing purpose to check his surroundings. The pirate is pretty busy rummaging all the furniture around. He plans to quietly escape and save the older guy from whoever they are if he did in trouble. 

"ARGHH!", He hears a scream and is quite sure that the scream belongs to Minseok. He accidentally opens the cabinet in response and then realized his mistake when the noise attracts one of them towards his direction. 

"I know you are here. Come out now.. Whatever you did, I will definitely catch you.",The pirate is pretty confident that someone is hiding in the room. He is shocked too at the sound but knowing that it brings out someone to him is making him excited. He checks for every cabinet in the room and when he reaches to the last one, Yixing slams out from the cabinet and pushes him to ground with all his strength. "I kn--ow it!",The pirate has the same body size as the prince and they are battling on the floor with the purpose of getting caught or to escape. "Just give up already, you are weak.",The prince is pinned down by other and hearing the remark making him angry.

"I-I'm not weak!",The prince says between his breath as he is getting sick of people assuming him weak and quickly strikes him in the groin. The pirate groans in pain and the prince manage to slip away from him in a split second.

"You aren't going anywhere!",He quickly grabs one of his legs and to defend himself, Yixing tries to kick him in the face. He almost gets away before someone approaches him from behind and locks his arm around his neck to restrain him from fighting.

"I got him! Now get something to tie him up.",His light injured companion goes to grab the rope in the sack and ties the exhausted prince tightly. "Where did you find him?"

"Hiding in one of the cabinets. He is really strong despite his pretty face. He almost gets me good. "

"Is that the reason you were screaming like a girl?"

"Huh? Aren't you the one who was screaming?"

"No, I didn't..your screaming led me here."

"Why would I do that!"

"Whatever..at least we got someone. Captain will be delighted. Come on.",By grabbing one of their captivated's legs, they drag him to meet their companions at the deck. "Captain, we got one!"

"Is he the owner of the ship?"

"Maybe. We thought you are more qualified to make a right judgment. So we brought him to you."

"Hmm.",The guy who is called Captain grabs the prince by the chin and scans his face closely. "Tell me..Are you alone? If not, where are others?",Yixing doesn't say a word, being considered that Minseok is nowhere to be found. He isn't caught yet which is quite a relieved. He believed that the older guy will do something to help him out. "Are you deaf or mute?!"

"He just shouts at me when I called him weak, Captain. I don't think he is that defective."

"I'm not asking you, idiot.",The captain barks at his subordinates before he proceeds his interrogation. "You can keep quiet all you want but once we landed, We're going to sell you to the well-known red light district. I wonder how much you have cost with this kind of face.",They laughed all their heart out before the captain suddenly notices a hidden necklace under his shirt. "Well well, we hit a triple jackpot.",He snatched the crystal around his neck and observes it. "We can sell this one to that irritating Duke for a high price. He might want to put this one in his ultimate collection."

"N-no...give it back! Please.",Yixing begs. 

"Ahah-You are finally talking...Now tell me, is there anyone in this ship besides you?",He asks again and the prince shuts his mouth tightly. In the same time, he tries to think a way to escape and take the amulet back. He stares into the Captain's eyes intensely to distract him before he gives him a headbutt on the face. "Ergh!",The amulet drops from his grip to the ground before Yixing takes the chance to slide it in between the stack of crates with his leg. It will buy times he guesses. "You shouldn't be given a chance at all!",He looks pissed and he is about to slap the prince on the cheek before a whip restrains him from continuing. They are shocked to face with the last person they want to meet in this moment.

"It's the Scarlet Ice!", A name catches Yixing's attention, he tries to search for that person until his eyes meet with a familiar body structure who wore red clothes with a fluffy cape made from feathers. His hair is red but that face is pretty familiar. It's really cool to see that person in action.

"Minseok? Is he the Scarlet Ice?"

"How did you get here?!",The Scarlet Ice ignores the question and drags the Pirate's Captain by his whip away from Yixing. "What are you guys doing? Do something!",They are scared but they still obey his command. Yixing watches as the person called Scarlet Ice beats them up really bad. Not to mention that his whip is too thin and long which can leave a memorable scar to the one who got whipped. In a matter of minutes, a whole crew is vanquished by the hand of the mysterious man. 

"Are you alright?",Minseok asks while untying the ropes and the prince can't stop staring at him which made him a bit uncomfortable. "I'm so sorry."

"What are you apologizing for? You save me twice. ", Minseok can't control his seriousness and starts to laugh which makes other dumbfounded by the sudden attitude. "I don't get it. Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

"I thought you've already known. Didn't he tell you?"

"He didn't."

"At least you know now."

"I can't comprehend what's going on but there is something I want to say to you."

"I know..Just keep it for later.",The prince nods before he searches for the crystal around the crates. He wears it back once he finds it in a good shape.

"Did you hear someone scream? I thought it was you, so I was pretty scared that time."

"Scream? Oh, do you mean the scream from the Hill mynah?"

"Hill mynah?"

"A bird who can mimic human's voice really well. I used him to attract their attention. Scared of what?"

"I see..I-I thought something happens to you.",Yixing feels embarrassed to admit that he was worried about the older guy.

"Is that so..but at least we both are fine."

"Y-yeah.So...what are we going to do with them?",He tries to change the subject while glancing at the unconscious crew.

"They will be confined in their ship until we reached the island. Don't worry, we are safe for now.",Then the ship owner ties them up together while the prince checks the whole crew again and notices that the guy whom he fought with is none to be seen among them. He glances towards the sea and found him rowing the boat away from the ship.

"He escaped! Aiyowei~ "

"Who?"

"Look!",Yixing points out the direction of the guy anxiously. "What should we do?"

"Nothing."

"Eh?"

"He is heading to the shore.. probably towards the island. Once I send them to the authorities, he will eventually get caught too."

"How can you be so sure?"

"If they don't then I will.",The statement that sounds so convincing which can wash away all his worry in a blink. "Hey, maybe you can help me out here?",The prince glances at the escaped guy one last time before he helps the older guy.

"They did mess up the kitchen, so this is what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter