Trust

It takes two to...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kris!",Yixing lets out a name through his sore throat while unconsciously lifting his body away from the soft mattress beneath him. His head is throbbing in pain just like someone hit his head with a hard and blunt object.

"Kris?",The prince jerks to hear a voice other than him. He starts to panic when he recalled the time he fell into the sea while struggling to free himself from Kai. From that moment, he could feel the pain piercing through his stomach. The punch that made him lost most of the air in his lungs. He anxiously turns his head towards the owner of the voice. His eyes are now locked with the person who is sitting at the tip of the bed and his good looking feature does make him nervous especially the golden hair. Nevertheless, he tries his best to keep a distance between the stranger. "Ah, you must be shocked, sorry about that. You have been sleeping for three days, I was really worried if you won't ever wake up.",The handsome stranger is chuckling at his own statements and Yixing has been thinking whether he is one of Sehun's follower or not. He will definitely feel disgusted if he fails to save himself after what they had done to save his fate of marrying the King.

"I don't want to go back."

"Pardon?"

"Ple-ase, don't send me back.",Yixing pleads louder than before. The stranger is surprised at first but then his facial expression softens after figuring out the meaning behind the pleading statements. 

"Why would I send you back? I have no idea where actually you lived."

"Huh?",Yixing is dumbfounded and that stranger ruffled his messy hair. He won't deny that the prince is actually quite cute just the way his friend had told him. 

"You are worrying too much..",He pauses when his palm touches the forehead of the prince."Hmm,you are running on fever. No wonder your voice quite hoarse. Just lay and rest while I bring you a nice soup and a friend who can make you better.",He pushes the prince on the bed gently and tucks him in properly. 

"I can't--"

"You can call me Minseok. For what I understand, introducing our name is usually the beginning of a new friendship.",The stranger who called himself Minseok smiles gently at the prince and of course, Yixing is dazed at the sight of an angel watching over him. Yixing snaps at the unbelievable thought away when Minseok has gone from his sight. For now, he just wants to close his heavy eyes and rest his weakening and numb flesh. He will try to trust whoever that handsome man is and when he is healthy again, he will run away from this house and search for Scarlet Ice just like what Jongdae had told him to. "I will definitely trust you Jongdae...but I still don't get it why you push me from that high place. I was so scared."

(Flashback -- Yixing's pov)

"Xing Xing..", That familiar voice..Was it just a dream? I regained consciousness when I saw Kris's face. I tried to figure out what was going on while glancing around the dim lit room. A realization hit me, we were kidnapped by the strange men and were confined in a small unfamiliar room,a room without windows.

"Why are we here?",I didn't understand why would I even asked someone who definitely had no clue at all. Clearly,we both were kidnapped and he would probably be wondering too. Just the way as I was expected, Kris didn't answer my stupid question but instead he looked so alarmed about our circumstances. Honestly,I was frightened too but I didn't know how to express them in front of others. I started to miss my parents and my brothers and sisters because for a while there,I felt so insecure without them. Kris was being silent for most of the time just like he used to but his expression right now was more depressing to look at. I didn't know what to do and was hoping for any rescue from my family. They were strong,they should rescue us right away, right? "Don't worry Kris, we are going to be alright. Father will save us for sure.",I hugged the small boy so that he would know that I was there with him. Our silent moment was cut short when we heard the clicking sound from the door. A man appeared through the door and smirked at the sight of us.

"We managed to kill two birds with one stone..how interesting.The King will be happy to hear about this news.",He approached us and pat both of our head satisfyingly."Just be a good boy from now on..Don't worry,you will return to your family once it over. Don't be scare..",His words were so trustable that I kept believing that we would return to our home soon. "You can call me uncle Hun. Here..you both love sweets right?",He brought out two candies from his pocket and gave each one to us. I started to think that he was a nice man and trusted him a lot. He left and the door was locked again.

"Uncle Hun is nice..he gave us--",Kris threw his candy at the wall and I was wondering why he did that. Without a thought, I ran to pick it up. He looked away when I handed the sweet. "What's wrong Kris? Don't you like it?",He didn't answer nor he took the candy. He was completely silent. Maybe I shouldn't be too glad to get something from someone who just kidnapped us. Was that what you actually wanted to say? 

"cough cough...",Kris covered his mouth while coughing.

"Are you alright?",He didn't say a word and for every single minute, his cough was getting serious. I was getting worried. I did remember when I got a cough and refused to eat the medicine, my older sister gave me a candy to it. It magically works and I tried to soothe his cough by telling him to the candy but he won't listen and started to distance himself from me. "Kris.."

(End of Flashback)

"No, I have to leave now.",Despite having a fever, prince Yixing gets out from the bed and approaches the nearest window. He checks through the window to look around and decides to use it as an escape route but to his dismay, this room is actually surrounded by the sea water. He can swim but the drowning incident is still traumatizing.Jumping into the water is the last thing he wants to do but if he doesn't have any choice left, he will do it to save himself. He walks towards the door and when he is about to twist the knob, he hears some footsteps and unclear conversation outside the room. He quickly hides behind the door when someone opens it. 

"Eh? Where did he go?"

"Probably toilet?"

"Then, I should go and check the toilet. You can wait here if you want.",He hears a thud sound coming at the nearest coffee table and the smell of the soup that emits the fragrance of spices and herbs which lead to his hunger.

"Not now.."

"Sure.", Yixing bits his lips. If that person stays then the chance for him to escape is quite low unless he doesn't look back towards the prince's direction. The prince watches the person who is entering the room and if he recognizes well, that person looks like a doctor. So he assumes that the friend whom Minseok mentioned about could be that white coat doctor. When the doctor doesn't turn around, Yixing quickly sneaks out from the room and closes the door. 

"I'm safe.",Yixing releases the grip on the knob and walks a step backward away from the door. He scans his surrounding and quite impressed at the design of the small hallway. The fragrance smell of woods combines with vanilla scent brings nostalgia for his moment in past where he feels safe and free. He breaks the thought away and makes his way towards the exit. He can smell the coffee coming from one of the rooms but he doesn't have time to check out. He needs to leave the house quickly before anyone notices him. He rushingly climbs down the stairs with the remaining strength he had and unexpectedly bumps into someone taller than him. His heartbeat is beating rapidly.

"Are you okay? You shouldn't run on the stair.",Yixing nods anxiously and waits for any respond so that he doesn't look so awkward in front of the stranger. "So, are you one of the customers? I thought the shop is closed today."

"I--I am..do you know where is the exit to this house?"

"That's one strange question you have there.",Yixing is dumbfounded, did he just said something wrong?

"Haha..nevermind. The exit is just around the corner."

"T-th"

"But I don't think you can leave now..you do realize that we are in the middle of the sea right? We are on Minseok's famous ship."

"S-ship?",No wonder this place is surrounding with sea water. He thought of floating house at first but now, it makes more clear sense. He needs to find a small boat to escape. There must be one somewhere. "Actually, I--"

"There you are!",The prince stuns to hear the voice of the ship owner. He wants to avoid looking at the person who can just make him daze by his amiable charm. "You shouldn't be moving too much.",Yixing pushes the tall guy aside to continue his plan on fleeing the ship but Minseok is right, he shouldn't be moving(running) too much when he is not feeling well because once he makes another step further, his body betrays him and he collapses from exhaustion. 

"Aiyowei..why?",He wants to curse himself for being too weak. What should he answer if Minseok asks the reason he was running away? Then, he gets the idea of pretending to pass out. Minseok dashes towards him and tries to wake the prince up but fails. 

"Hmm..You sure know how to make yourself comfortable on my ship.",Minseok lets out a sigh while feeling amuses at the posture Yixing is making when he is laying on the wooden floor.

"Is he okay? What's wrong with him?"

"Tired I guess.Chanyeol, lets bring him up to my room."

"His body is really hot. It could be fever. Minseok hyung, is he the one you are talking about?",The ship owner nods while lifting Yixing up with the help from Chanyeol. "I will carry him all the way then."

"Are you sure? He is pretty heavy.",Minseok positions Yixing on Chanyeol back so that he won't fell down when the tall guy carries him up. He stands and now he understands what the older had talked about which makes him quite amazes at other's strength.

"You are really strong hyung. How can you carry him alone?"

"Next time, you shouldn't reject the special juice I made for you both.",Chanyeol gulps when he recalls the awful taste of the juice made by Minseok. His childhood friend hates the juice the most and he remembers well a quite number of watching him throwing up after having a sip of the juice. 

"It's taste awful hyung.."

"Your question has been answered.No pain, no gain. ",Then, they start to talk random subjects with each other. Listening to their conversation while being carried to the room is pretty lighthearted. It sounds like a normal conversation between two close friends but applying more formality and respect in their statement; they have a different dialect too. Mix dialect he assumes.

"I feel like carrying a warm and heavy blanket behind my back. I wish to have one during winter.",Minseok opens the door and they spot their friend who is too absorbed in the book he is reading. "Did you find someone interesting Joonmyung hyung? Care to introduce her to us?",Chanyeol tries to attract the doctor's attention by cracking his daily joke. The doctor shuts his book while smiling at the joke made for him.

"If only when you are willing to listen which I believe you won't.",Chanyeol sniggers at the respond given. At least, he manages to shift his attention. "Did he passed out in the toilet?",Joonmyung asks while watching them laying the mentioned guy on the bed.

"He is too far from the toilet. Luckily, we found him near the stairs."

"The stairs near the exit door?",Joonmyung curiously asks while checking up the temperature of his patient who feels uncomfortable with the sudden contact of the cold metal surf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter