The Net Idol

Bangtan Hotel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"If you connect the circuits wrongly it won't light up the way you want it to, so take that in mind and check your wire connections carefully."

 

Jungkook yawned for the nth time as he watched his groupmates struggling with their project. He shook his head yet again upon watching them connecting two wires together, even after hearing their teacher earlier.

 

"Look, it's not supposed to be this way." the frustrated Jungkook finally spoke. Four heads turned to stare at him right at that moment and he rolled his eyes, stepping forward to take off every single wire connected to their circuit.

 

"See, according to our drawing this wire should be connected to this bulb. Only then can we add another wire from this bulb to the main power." 

 

A sudden clap was heard behind them that made Jungkook look up from the circuit. Mrs Kim, their physics teacher was standing there, staring at the boy with a warm smile on her face.

 

"If only you'd use that intelligent brain to study instead of finding brilliant ways to skip my classes, it'll be lovely." she says, patting Yugyeom hard on his shoulder.

 

"Why do I always have to bear the consequences of your actions, Jeon?" he mutters after Mrs Kim moved to look over the other groups. 

 

"Sorry, seat mate. You're stuck with me for the rest of the year." Jungkook said, his expressions totally looking not sorry.

 

Yugyeom rolled his eyes before they ended up laughing. A while after that, the last bell rang and they were all lined up to exit the lab.

 

Jungkook grabbed onto his bag and head out to walk home with his friends. They were chatting non-stop along the way, mostly about games and hanging out after class. Different from them, Jungkook was only thinking of what Seokjin will be serving him for lunch.

 

"Jungkook ah! Jeon Jungkook!"

 

It was Changseob, the Drama Club president and he's running towards Jungkook enthusiastically. 

 

"Uh, uh, not after you told Jungmi what you shouldn't." Jungkook pretended not to hear him and continued walking away, trying to catch up with his friends but Changseob's arms hooked around his shoulders first, making him groan.

 

"What is it again this time?"

 

"You're a fan of that singer right?"

 

"I'm a fan of a lot of singers, which one is it?"

 

"Cha Heejoo, that singer who did covers on Youtube and got famous?"

 

Jungkook crossed his arms against his chest, totally not amused. "So?"

 

"I met her today, right at the bus stop over there."

 

Jungkook snorted, making Changseob let out a soft whine as he let go of the boy.

 

"Ah, I know you wouldn't believe this but it's real!"

 

"Prove it, or it didn't happen."

 

"I wanted to take a picture, but," Changseob looked around before continuing his sentence. "She told me to never tell anyone about this."

 

"Wow, you're so good with secrets. First mine, and then hers?"

 

"Hey, I'm sorry, alright? Your sister was practically begging me in front of everyone, I couldn't say no. Besides, you were obviously just exaggerating. How could such a sweet girl kill her own little brother?"

 

Jungkook felt a shiver run down his spine as he remembered how Jungmi literally choked him that day they met at the hotel. He immediately send a glare and Changseob gulped in response.

 

"Okay, perhaps I underestimated what she'd do to you. But hey-"

 

"Look, let's just get straight to your point. What do you want me to do again, this time?"

 

"You know, everyone's asking for you to come this weekend. Can't you like, make some time for us?" Changseob plead, with that look on his face that Jungkook hated. That pitiful look.

 

"You're gonna make me wear that stupid costume and say cringy lines again, huh?"

 

"Come on, everyone said you were a cool Prince Charming. It wasn't that bad, you know?"

 

"Nope, not after you betrayed me." Jungkook shook his head firmly.

 

"Hey, what's so bad about being the Prince Charming? You get to act with the hottest girl in our school!"

 

That, is actually the worst part of it. 

 

Kim Yuna, the school's goddess (according to his friends) was the main reason why Jungkook rejected the role in the first place. He heard rumors about her liking him, but from the way she acted around him, it really doesn't seem that way. Jungkook hated that the most about her. He could never figure that girl out.

 

"Fine, I'll tell you another secret." Changseob said, leaning closer to Jungkook to whisper in his ears. "She asked me which hotel is more famous between yours or Sejin's."

 

"And?"

 

"Of course I said-"

 

"Our hotel right?" Jungkook cut in excitedly.

 

"Sejin's... I mean..." 

 

"Wow, you should've kept that to yourself," Jungkook rolled his eyes upon hearing that. "I can't believe I expected you to recommend Bangtan Hotel."

 

"Wait, wait. You don't understand. I just helped you guys." 

 

"By doing what, exactly?"

 

"You know what she said? She said, if Sejin Hotel is that famous then she should head to the less famous one, which is, guess where?" Changseob said, looking as if he just did something praise-worthy.

 

"I don't know if I'm supposed to be flattered or insulted right now."

 

"Hey come on, think about it. It can only mean that she's staying at your hotel!"

 

"Ha, ha, funny." Jungkook's sarcastic tone was heard and Changseob's face suddenly turned into a serious one.

 

"I dare you to check your register once you get to your workplace. If she's really there, you're gonna have to help me this weekend alright?" The president showed his pinky and as if on cue, Jungkook suddenly panicked.

 

"Who said I agree to this?"

 

"HA, you're admitting that there's a chance she's there now right?"

 

"No way in hell. I'll see you tomorrow and we'll see how it goes." Jungkook linked his pinky with Changseob's, and the boy's wide smile was almost enough to rip his face apart.

 

"Okay then, I better get your costumes ready!" Changseob said in his merry voice, happily skipping away from Jungkook. The boy raised his eyebrow before shaking his head frantically.

 

"Relax, there's no way the famous Cha Heejoo would be staying at the hotel right now. There's exactly no way... right?"

 

***

 

It was during his shift when Jungkook stared at the computer for what felt like an eternity. He knew that he shouldn't be doing this. It can be counted as invading customer's privacy and God forbade, he might go to jail for it. Sure, it had always been his work to type in his customer's details and such but still, it creeps the hell out of him.

 

He finally moved from the computer to open his textbook. His fingers tapped on the receptionist desk, biting onto his lower tier as he thinks of a way he could figure out if Heejoo is truly staying at their hotel.

 

Then, it clicked in his mind. 

 

If he wasn't the one who registered Heejoo in, then it must've been Namjoon. He could just ask Namjoon for it and-

 

"Excuse me?"

 

Jungkook honestly was about to snap at that feminine voice. How dare she disturb the flow of his thoughts, they're finally going somewhere after a while!

 

But as he looked up, that robotic smile appeared on his face. Although it soon turned 

into a surprised one.

 

No need to ask Namjoon anymore. Cha Heejoo, the epitome of perfection herself was standing in front of him with her blinding smile, and it took Jungkook forever to calm his heart before he managed to respond.

 

"Y-yes?"

 

Conceal, don't feel, Jeon. He told himself in his head, repeating it like a mantra. 

 

"Can you help me with something? You see, I'm kinda bad with directions." The girl took out a map from her pocket, the one that they gave away at an information counter somewhere. Her expression was totally clueless as she stared at it blankly, and it took all of Jungkook not to laugh at her cuteness.

 

"Oh well, do you at least know where you are?"

 

"Come on, don't make me look stupider than I already am." Heejoo sighed, a small smile still carved on her perfectly shaped lips and God, Jungkook never thought he'd knew what it felt like to be this whipped for someone.

 

"Let's see, this place is near the airport, so let's look for that one first." Jungkook suggested, pulling the map close to him. His lips jutted out as he concentrated on the map, intently searching for the airport sign without noticing how Heejoo's beautiful eyes were stuck on him the whole time.

 

"Too bad you're a minor or I could've used you." Jungkook heard her mutter softly, making him lift up his head immediately.

 

"I'm sorry, did you say something?" 

 

"Yes, and just so you know, you're cute." She reaches out her hand to pat Jungkook's cheek, her angelic smile never leaving her face. The receptionist was obviously flustered, but he casted his spell over and over again in his head before suddenly changing the topic.

 

"Okay so, a quick question. Did you meet a boy this morning?" 

 

"Actually, I met a lot of boys. You'll have to specify it a bit more, Jungkook." she says, her voice sounded just as heavenly as the receptionist always thought when he heard her singing.

 

He was about to ask how she knew his name, but then as if she got some sort of telepathy, she pointed to his golden nametag. That's smart, (although anyone who have eyes can see it) she's perfect!

 

"A boy in a school uniform, at a bus stop?"

 

"Ah right, I asked him about the nearest hotel and he said it's either Sejin or this hotel. Thanks to him I finally know where to head."

 

"I see..." Jungkook trailed off, sighing internally as he realized Changseob was right and he'll have to face the nightmare version of Cinderella, which happens to be Kim Yuna. He shuddered involuntarily at that thought. 

 

"So you're that fan he told me about?"

 

"Huh?"

 

"I told him not to tell anyone, but he said there's a friend who really likes me, so he asked for a picture. I said tell him to meet me here instead. It's you, huh?"

 

"Ah well, I didn't know he told you that." Jungkook rubbed his nape and Heejoo just smiled as he waved Jungkook a goodbye.

 

"I'll be heading outside first. We'll talk again soon, okay cutie?"

 

Jungkook waved back enthusiastically, a dreamy smile on his face as he watched her every move until she's out of his line of vision.

 

***

 

"Today's special menu is carbonara, huh. You know l hate carbonara why do you do this to me?" Taehyung groaned loudly as soon as he sat at his usual place at the cafe and Seokjin makes faces at his younger brother.

 

"You'd hate anything I cook anyways, Tae. Go and eat outside like you always do."

 

"Tch, I eat outside only when I have appointments, you know that." the younger huffed as he scrolled down his email, checking on some details he had to jot down for his meeting in the evening.

 

"Then stop being so picky and just eat." Seokjin's voice sounded firm from the kitchen as he's busy preparing Taehyung's food.

 

"How can I force myself to eat something that I hate?" the younger asked, almost sounding like he's whining childishly.

 

"You think of those starving kids somewhere on this earth and you won't be able to waste even a grain."

 

"You sound like mom now." Taehyung groaned as Seokjin served him his food. His reflex was to place his phone on the table. It's a rule in their family, actually. No phones on the dining table. 

 

"You always say that, it won't get to me anymore." Seokjin said as he took a seat right next to the younger and he watched as Taehyung hesitantly reached for his cutleries, eyes pleading his brother silently.

 

"Excuse me, is this seat taken?" As if on cue, a heaven-like voice suddenly interrupted the both of them, making the two look up to see an actual angel smiling in front of them.

 

"Oh, absolutely not. Join us if you'd like, uh..."

 

"Cha Heejoo, right?" Seokjin cut in to save Taehyung the awkwardness. 

 

"You really don't have to call out my full name like that, mister chef," she waved her delicate hands dismissively and they both erupted into small laughter. "But yes, that's me."

 

"Sit down, please. Can I make you anything?"

 

"Ah, I'd like a recommendation, actually. Anything good apart from seafood?" Heejoo said as she was sitting down right opposite Taehyung.

 

"Hold up I'll bring you the menu." Seokjin said, hurriedly heading to grab a menu for their VIP customer.

 

"Today's special is carbonara though. Would you like to try that?" Taehyung finally spoke after only watching her interact with his brother like a statue. She raised a brow in amusement before her eyes stared at the untouched carbonara on Taehyung's plate.

 

"I'm guessing it doesn't fit your taste. Not a fan of carbonara?"

 

"Ah, actually this is my second meal. I suddenly feel so full today." Taehyung patted his tummy, a fake smile on his face as he remembered that he haven't eaten at all since this morning. He couldn't possibly say anything bad about the food in front of this guest after all.

 

"I see. Can I try some of those then?"

 

"Huh?" Taehyung's eyes were wide opened, almost couldn't believe what he heard.

 

"I mean, I don't think you'll be able to finish them." 

 

"It's... my leftover-"

 

"If you're alright with it then, I'm cool. Leftovers are foods too, right?" The girl cut in effortlessly, somehow sounding so confident and classy even when the conversation is on leftovers.

 

"Right. If you're okay with it then." Taehyung chuckled as he moved the plate closer to Heejoo, handing her the cutleries in his hands as well. Seokjin was watching them from a distance with the menu in his hands, his disapproving smile indicating Taehyung's victory.

 

"I hope you don't feel uncomfortable about me suddenly joining you. I just don't like eating alone." Heejoo stated as a matter of fact before taking a bite of h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter