Cupid Jungkook Pt1

Bangtan Hotel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three weeks had passed ever since the SeoKook alliance was formed. Yup, SeoKook. That was the name Seokjin gave as a result of him wanting his name to come first and though Jungkook insisted that JinKook sounds better, the chef just refused to listen. Okay that was it but the real point here is that there was barely any progress between the chef and Namjoon.

Jungkook was so frustrated with the two of them. It was too obvious that the chef was trying to approach Namjoon just so casually yet he would run away at the most crucial moment. There was this one time during dinner that the two almost got their time alone but then Taehyung came to ruin it. Jungkook almost felt like punching a wall as the frustration vent up in him.

There’s just no answer if you ask why Jungkook was so worked up in trying to hook up those two. It was just that the younger felt something just from the way Namjoon had been stealing glances at Seokjin whenever he wasn’t looking. Jungkook saw the sparkles in his eyes that only appeared whenever the chef was there with them. He’s not an expert in this but he could feel it.

That was why he was so confused as to why the bellboy would just suddenly avoid being together with Seokjin these days and he was very determined to find out more about it.

Jungkook loves to consider himself the official cupid and the guardian angel in this hotel, though no one really agreed to that. He used to get himself so worked up whenever he saw two people potential of becoming lovers yet they’re just poking around the bush.

He also had this instinct inside him to just protect anyone incapable of doing so himself. That explained why he got so worried of Jimin all the time. It made him feel like he’s such a matured adult and he loved it so much.

It was very frustrating for Jungkook who had been spying on Seokjin and Namjoon for the past three weeks. He couldn’t get a great explanation as to why the bellboy looked like he was afraid being seen together with Seokjin in the hotel. By any chance—did Taehyung already warned him about this?

“This can’t be. I could die out of curiosity!” Jungkook suddenly bolted up from his bed and it was such a relief that Jimin wasn’t there at that time or else he would be startled because of that sudden action from him.

He grabbed his sweater and stormed out of his room, ignoring the fact that it was his break time and he should have rested properly before his dreaded night shift begins. He made his way to the kitchen and he grinned victoriously as soon as he saw Seokjin in his chef uniform.

“Hey kiddo, you just had your dinner didn’t you?” he raised a brow as loosened the scarf knot tied around his neck and Jungkook placed his hands inside his jeans pocket as he took a few steps closer towards the older.

“Do you have some time?”

“Sure, I’m just about to head to my room and rest anyway.” He locked the door with a big label of ‘STAFFS ONLY’ written on it before he stuffed the keys in his pocket before turning around to face Jungkook.

“Great, let’s head to the bar then?”

“If you think I’m gonna let you have alcohol I swear—“

“Ugh fine,” the receptionist cut in abruptly before Seokjin could even start nagging him and the chef just chuckled softly at that. He pulled out a chair and sat down, crossing his legs and his hand gestured for Seokjin to come over to him. “Come here.”

“What is it that is so urgent until you couldn’t wait for tomorrow hmm?” the chef asked curiously as he sat opposite Jungkook, his brows knited together in a frown.

“Tell me, old man,”  Jungkook started, suddenly leaning towards Seokjin as he continued his sentence. “What did you think about Namjoon hyung?”

“That’s so sudden—“

“Just answer me, geez.”

“Truthfully? I don’t know either...” He bit his lips and Jungkook saw the uneasiness in his eyes. “He seemed so timid in his actions yet he seemed so bold at times. He told me he wasn’t looking at me yet the next minute he would be stealing glances at me. I don’t know what made him seemed so scared of me and he made it looked like I’m a ert chasing after him. He drive me crazy trying to figure out what’s in his head, seriously. It does feels like a deja vu too, since I am pretty much used to having people I am interested in staring at me like that.”

“In short, it’s complicated huh?” Jungkook heaves a sigh as he rubbed his chin in his attempt to look matured as if he’s the president trying to figure out how to lead the country.

“I don’t know my own feelings, Jungkook. How do you know exactly if you love that someone? I mean—how do you know that he’s the one? I do have this fluttering feelings in my stomach and all those cringy stuffs but there’s just no way for me to know for sure, right? I might be just convincing myself that I like him because I wanted to show Taehyung that, or I might be confusing myself when I first decided to pursue him—well I don’t know, okay? I shouldn’t have started all this in the first place. Now that i think about it this is just ridiculous.”

“You know, when I first agreed to help you with this thing, I thought that I shouldn’t let you use anyone as the sacrificed lamb. It was such a cruel thing to do but at that time, I just wanted everything to be over quickly.” Jungkook saw how the chef opened his mouth and it seemed like he was about to argue so he quickly continued. “ It was me being mean, I admit it—but now I’m seriously trying to help you figure out your own feelings.”

“Don’t.“

“Huh?”[

“Just don’t get involved in my private business anymore Jungkook. I mean.. I’m not interested in this thing anymore. It’s such a bother and I don’t think it’s necessary—“

“No one wants to be lonely in this world. Not me, not him and not even you.” The younger cut in abruptly as soon as he heard the chef who sounded like he was already giving up. “You really think it’s a bother now? Fine then, you just continue living with your uncertainties and we’ll see which one is the real bother for you.”

“Why are you suddenly so worked up? I mean—it wasn’t even your business from the start and you were so unwilling to help me before didn’t you?”

“Didn’t I told you already? I’m this hotel’s official cupid and guardian angel.” He pointed his gunfingers and pretending to shoot out bullets with it, a really wide grin carved on his handsome face. “Remember who got Hoseok and Yoongi hyung together?”

“Wait—what?” Seokjin raised a brow at that statement, wondering when in the freaking hell did the two started dating? Weren’t they just flirting with each other?

“You didn’t know?” Jungkook frowned and he looked a bit hurt that Seokjin  didn’t realize how he managed to bring a couple together.

“I might have known but then I might have forgotten about it...” the chef shrugged nonchalantly and Jungkook suddenly leaned back in his chair, his confident face made Seokjin felt like punching the boy for being so cocky at that time.

“It was my genius idea to lock them up in the cleaner’s storeroom remember?”

“And almost got them to kill each other in there—yeah, I remember.” Seokjin snorted and the younger male made a brushed his statement off with his hand gestures.

“Come on, Yoongi hyung won’t kill anyone. I know him better than anyone else. He’s a sweetheart.”

“I’m not sure if he even had a heart, actually,” The older male muttered that as he remembered how cold that blonde is towards almost every meal he cooked, in which he said ‘unhealthy’ and ‘life-span shortening meal’. Seokjin is very hurt by that but he just rolled his eyes. “So how does that relates to me?”

“You’ll see about it later. Just go and have your rest, oldie. See you tomorrow!”

 Seokjin had a bad intuition as soon as he saw Jungkook’s adorable wink. He know the boy had something planned in that little head of his yet, he figured that it might be just another stupid and immature prank he’s plotting in his head. He brushed it off, let out a sigh and he walked away to the direction of his room after tidying up the chairs.

He would be lying of he said that he was not a little bit moved by what Jungkook said earlier. True, maybe he’s just really lonely all this while and that he just wished he had this someone to love—apart from his family of course.

With Justin Bieber’s song suddenly playing in his head as he thought of ‘somebody to love’, he entered his room and as soon as he saw his bed, Namjoon’s name was completely erased from his mind. It was replaced by the thoughts of the fluffy bed instead.

***

“Taehyung that’s enough!” he heard Jungkook’s shout in the midst of him kicking a wounded boy on the floor. He could see his tears clearly, he saw how the boy was looking at him in such fear and he love it. He love every single bit of it.

“Kim Taehyung listen to me I’m your hyung!”

‘That annoying shout again’, Taehyung’s mind said to him. With that, he ignored even Yoongi’s arms trying to pull him back from kicking the boy who was already writhing under him.

He couldn’t stop.

His brain told him to pull back but his movements just couldn’t stop. He felt disgusted with himself for actually enjoying it. He loved seeing himself inflicting pain on his victim. Then the scene was suddenly replaced by the countless time he had been in the school’s counseling room and the Principal’s room.

“You’re sick, Taehyung dear. You need help.”

No, Mrs Jung I’m not sick.

“Mr principal, the boy should be isolated from the society! He assaulted a teacher in the middle of a class going on, just expelling him won’t do much difference!”

He humiliated me in front of the whole class just for asking questions and I don’t deserve this.

“Imagine how scary it is for my Youngjae to come to school and see his attacker again! And what are the chances that he would change his gangster nature after 1 week of suspension?”

Ahjumma, your son Youngjae bullied Yugyeom my classmate every single day just because he knew the boy can’t fight back. Do you know that I’m just trying to help?

“Tae, wake up!”

“No I’m not an animal.”

“, Kim Taehyung wake up!!” Jin shook his brother so violently that Taehyung finally opened his eyes and his upper half jolted up from his sleep, making the chef frown at how he was drenched in cold sweat when the room was perfectly air-conditioned.

“I—I was sleeping and—“ He patted his own chest and Jin could see it heaving up and down so he carefully sat next to his brother on the bed and waited until he’s stable enough to speak.

“It’s the dream again.”

“You said the nightmares stopped.” Jin muttered as he cupped both Taehyung’s cheeks in his hands, caressing it gently. His brother looked down on the bed sheet, his fingers fiddling with his own shirt.

“It did...for a while, yeah. Maybe I’m just tired and everything just came back to me.”

“It’s okay Tae. You’re okay now.” The older pulled his brother into a bone-crushing hug in his attempt to calm the boy and he could literally feel how Taehyung’s heart was pounding so hard against his ribcage. He gently rubbed the boy’s back soothingly and Taehyung let out a soft sigh.

“H-Hyung...”

“Tae...”

“Hyung I—”

“Yes Tae?”

“Actually I—“

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter