Boys With Fun

Bangtan Hotel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

September 2013.

The hotel was dying.

No one cared to visit a small hotel with nothing interesting when there is a comfy new-built aka their rival, Sejin Hotel right opposite it. Despite having the best spot near the Seoul international Airport, they had nothing special to offer to their customers compared to Sejin Hotel.

Seokjin felt defeated at that fact. The hotel was the only thing his deceased father left him and therefore, it’s his part to protect it just like how his father did. He urgently called Taehyung—his younger brother—in desperation and the two immediately got into their serious mode as they started planning a new strategy.

“Hyung.”

“Hmm?”

“I think it’s the rich girls that spend their money mindlessly is the one we should target first.”

“How do we do that though?“ Seokjin squinted his eyes at his younger brother who was chewing on the pen cap in between his teeth, as if he was chewing on a bubble gum.

“What do girls like nowadays?” The younger tried to brainstorm, his hand now proceeding to spin the pen he had in his hand while Seokjin already started to frown, trying to figure out an answer.

“I don’t know…” His own sentence trailed off as he was trying to smack some senses in his brain, “Make-ups?”

“Not even close.” Taehyung shook his head slowly, as if wanting another precise answer from his hyung. He pressed his lips into a thin line as he felt like he was about to have a light bulb lighting up so brightly  in his head.

“Foods?”

“No uh.”

“Ice creams?”

“What are they, 7 years old?” By that time, Taehyung already had something playing in his head. He wriggled his brows in such a flirty manner towards Seokjin who was still struggling to find the right answer.

“Then what…” His own sentence hung mid-air as the realization hit him hard in the face, “Oh my God Tae you’re right!“

“Are you thinking the same thing that I’m thinking right now?” Taehyung batted his lashes in such a girl manner and gestured to his whole face—in which he had always referred to it as ‘pretty’—as a hint for his brother.

“Idol-like flower boys.” The older pointed out with his finger snap, his smile slowly cracked as Taehyung nodded eagerly then continued to voice out his idea.

“Right. So what would it be like if we only hire boys with handsome genes like us to run the hotel?”

“The rich girls would come rushing in no time.” With another snap of Seokjin’s finger, the two grinned in victory.

“Exactly, and I know just the right flower boys for that purpose.” Taehyung was immediately reminded of his former high school senior Yoongi who was jobless and his former junior Jungkook who’s currently in his last year at school, who would be willing to work anywhere that hires under aged student.

April 2014,

“We totally need some new workers.” Taehyung said one day as he lay down on the mattress next to Jin after a long day at the hotel.

“I thought we’re okay since we hired Jungkook and Yoongi a few months ago?” Seokjin blinked a few times before he got up and properly facing his tired brother next to him.

“We need to upgrade our hotel. The customers had been complaining about how we don’t have a place for them to hang out. Just look at Sejin Hotel, they even have a freaking huge pool on their rooftop!”

 “Ah…I got Hoseok my former junior during college and this other new guy. Both are really desperate for work you know.” Jin pointed out as he remembered how someone just asked if they’re still hiring a while ago. He left his contacts too, just in case.

“As long as they suit the flower boy concept, they’re in.” Taehyung said in his decisive tone and Seokjin grinned victoriously.

They’re both perfect for the concept.

June 2015.

“Welcome, it’s your first time with Bangtan right?” Namjoon the bellboy greeted the red haired boy who just stepped inside the hotel without any luggage with him, looking around in awe.

“How may we help you, sir?” Jungkook the receptionist asked as he left the front desk to help the clueless Namjoon. The red haired turned his head only to scan Jungkook from head to toe before turning back to the bellboy who seemed much more reliable than an under aged kid.

“You’re still hiring right?”

“I don’t think so—“ Before Namjoon could even finish his sentence properly, Taehyung unexpectedly jumped in between them, startling the red hair and almost making him pulled out his pepper spray in his pocket.

The other two were already too used to that act from their manager to even get shocked again for the nth time.

“Yes, yes, flower boy with red hair—wow you remind me of a hibiscus—anyways, we are hiring and you are accepted!” Taehyung flashed a cheeky smile as he realized how the red haired fidgeted a bit at his spot upon hearing that.

“Wait what? What about interviews—“

“I judge by first impression and yours are good enough, hibiscus—I mean uh…what’s your name again?” He tilted his head adorably and the ’hibiscus’ boy held out his hand.

“Jimin, Park Jimin.”

“Welcome aboard Jiminnie. I look forward to working with you.” Jungkook was the first to take Jimin’s hand, welcoming the red haired boy and casually calling him Jiminnie despite the fact that the two had two years .

August 2015, current time…

“Yah Red Hair! Why didn’t you tell me about the broken window panel in Room 16? You cleaned it this morning didn’t you?” The maintenance guy with a nametag that says ‘Yoongi Min’ grumbled in his grandpa manner as he joined Jimin at the bar that night.

“Wait, I did told you about it though?” Jimin said in his defense as Hoseok the bartender passed him his third glass of beer. However, before he even gets to touch the glass, Yoongi took it first and finished the beer in just one shot with the latter looking at him and his jaw almost dropping on the floor.

“Another one for me Hope,” the blonde haired said as he placed the glass down, the beer from his lips just way too ily. Jimin rolled his eyes secretly before he crossed his arms against his chest and just shook his head in displease.

“You know, you could just say ‘you’re right, you did tell me about it before I’m sorry’ instead of taking my precious beer.” Jimin who had his eyes squinted as he stared at Yoongi said, however only earning a light nonchalant shrug from him. He was too busy emptying another glass of the so-called beer that Hoseok gave him, not even realizing that the bartender had it replaced with fruit punch.

“Maybe you did tell me or maybe you didn’t. Anyway thanks for the beer Hope. Put it in the bill.” Yoongi threw a seductive wink towards the bartender before he turned his back on them, only earning himself a chuckle from him.

“Did he even know that Taehyung deducted it directly from his salary each time?” Hoseok clicked his tongue as he watched Yoongi disappearing from sight while Jimin blew on his bangs, looking so irritated at that nonchalant act from the maintenance guy.

“Ah hyuuuung I really don’t get it! Did you see how he treated me? I think he hates me.”

Hoseok shook his head as he watched the red hair dropped his head low and sniffled silently. He left the counter and took the seat next to him that was occupied by Yoongi earlier, placing an arm around the boy’s shoulders comfortingly.

“You see Jimin, that guy is a guy full of pride. He never acknowledge it whenever he made mistakes so yeah, I’ve seen him doing that countless times before I’m not even surprised.” Hoseok patted him gently and Jimin pouted as he looked up to meet the bartender by the eyes.

“But hyung he acknowledged it with you! Remember this one time you guys told me that he got drunk and he ended up making all our ice supply melted the next day?” 

“Ah right, that time when he admitted that he stole my black underwear—” Hoseok laughed at the memory of the drunken Yoongi admitting to everything he did including him keeping foods supply in the small storage room used to store unused broom sticks and mops on the rooftop. 

“See? He just did that with me. I wonder why he hates me so much.” Jimin huffed and spun himself on the chair slightly, enjoying the annoying creaking sound that the chair produced with each spin.

“Look, Jimin. I don’t think he hates you just—give him some time to adjust himself with you. It took me a few months to earn his trust when I first came here as a waiter before too.”

“He has a massive trust issue didn’t he?” The red hair reached for the microphone for the performance that night as people started filling in the small bar.

Hoseok didn’t say anything to that but Jimin knew he was right.

Jimin headed towards the small stage with two chairs on it. He sat on one of the chair with his hands were busily fixing his bangs that almost covered his eyes. By the time he finished, the receptionist with his golden nametag ‘Jungkook Jeon’ shining under the lights showed up.

He took the seat next to Jimin with an acoustic guitar in his hand, looking as mesmerizing as always.

“There you are boy, I missed you.” Jimin showed his infamous eyesmile that effectively made the crowd cooed over them both. Jungkook who seemed to be enjoying the reaction simply blew a kiss towards his hyung and Jimin clutched his chest in response.

“Ah, that’s way too attractive of you Kookie pie.” He winked at the younger flirtatiously before continuing, “So everyone, are you ready for our mini performance?” Jimin’s energetic voice echoed through the microphone and the crowd that was made up of mostly teenage girls cheered their names out loud. 

“Let’s do this Jungkook!” He grinned as his eye made contact with the younger before Jungkook flashed him a blindingly beautiful smile and started strumming the guitar to the melody of a song.

“Yes you’re my my only girl~ neoneun naege choego~” Jimin sang the lyrics to the song entitled ‘Miss Right’ in which Namjoon composed about his ideal type during his free time and with Yoongi’s genius touch—that was what Hoseok said when he described it—he finished the song.

The song was heard from the lobby where Namjoon, Taehyung and Seokjin were gathered unintentionally at the front desk. The bar which was located at the right side of the building really did attract a lot more customers to their hotel, especially every Sunday night when the workers did live performances in turn.

It was Jimin and Jungkook’s turn for the week and hearing how the girls cheered for the two, Taehyung knew that this strategy of his worked.

“I knew the Hibiscus would nail it. He had such a lovely voice even when he’s just speaking normally.” Taehyung commented as he took over the front desk while Jungkook performed. Seokjin who still had his apron on leaned against the counter, nodding a few times at the short comment while concentrating on the song that was playing.

“Wow the lyrics are really nice. You really wrote it Namjoon?” the chef turned to look at the said bellboy who seemed stunned that Seokjin just called out his name. 

“Ah—that song umm. I wrote it but Yoongi was the one that finished it.” He said, clearing his throat a few times as he talked. Seokjin just chuckled lightly—I mean flirtatiously.

He was dead sure the boy was trying to act cool in front of him and he was silently enjoying it. 

Taehyung stared at t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter