Hello, Kitty!

Bangtan Hotel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was raining so heavily that night and Jimin quickly wanted to finish his work and get some rest. It had been a chaotic day for him today since he had to clean a room after another and after another. Usually, he would get some break in between but that day, he didn’t even stop moving for a second.

He got the trash that he collected from Room 8 in his hands and he placed it in the dustbin in a not-so-gently manner. His red hair that were parted in a 5:5 ratio this morning was in a mess, not to mention that it almost looked like a hen just made a ruckus up there before laying an egg.

“There goes my handsomeness down the drain tsk.” He blew on his bangs, feeling irritated that he didn’t even had the chance to take a shower yet and it was already 11 PM. His body felt sticky all over and his footsteps were heavy as he made his way down to dump the garbage outside, having to walk through the back door for that purpose.

“Hibiscus!” Jimin heard a merry voice calling him by that unique name but he was already too tired to turn around by that time. He just halted his steps at the hallway of level 3, waiting for the manager to walk up to him instead of him tracing back his steps.

“Are you done with your job yet?” it was Taehyung—obviously because he was the only one calling Jimin a hibiscus—and he was grinning like an idiot looking at the exhausted boy. The red haired nodded once and stretched out his hand, making unnecessary hand gestures.

“Yep, I cleaned Room 8 cleanly. I’m pretty sure I don’t even leave a particle of dust in there!” He nodded proudly as he talked about his works and the happy manager patted his fluffy hair in such a gentle way.

“You did a good job! Let’s have dinner together then, I’m starving.” He placed his arms around the boy’s shoulders in such a friendly manner despite having a higher rank than him in the hotel and Jimin nodded eagerly at the mention of dinner. His face obviously lighted up and it could probably replace a light bulb to light up the whole room.

“Oh—it’s Yoongi hyung!”

Taehyung waved his hands excitedly as soon as he saw the maintenance guy strutting along the corridor. He stopped for a while and squinted his eyes, clearly looking like he couldn’t see properly from that not-so-far distance between them. Jimin just fidgeted uneasily at his spot as it felt like Yoongi’s stare could scan through his whole body, making him feel like he was .

Jimin truthfully didn’t know how to act whenever Yoongi is around. The elder had always been looking at him with such hatred and judging look on his face but it seemed like it was only him to feel that. It was so much to his surprise when Hoseok told him that he needs to get used of that expression on his face because it was already his official trademark.

If he’s a girl, Jimin would already be calling him a but he’s a guy so what do we call him? ? Man? Douchebag? Cold-hearted bastard?

Jimin made a reminder in his head to search for the equivalent of the word ‘’ for a guy next time.

Taehyung saw Yoongi nodding at him once before he casually made his way to the elevator. He left the latter in a shocked mental state as he saw the blonde getting on the elevator while there he was with Jimin, on their way down the stairs.

“Holy fishball—Yoongi hyung really didn’t have the intention to listen to me when I say ‘employers aren’t allowed to take the elevators’ didn’t he? Even the manager takes the stairs what in the world is he thinking?“

Jimin heard the manager complained about the disadvantages of having your senior as your employer and later on as they walked down the stairs, the topic changed to how much he wanted to get Seokjin to stop giving him poisons to eat and it changed again to how Yoongi looked like he would eat his customers alive with his glare.

Jimin would definitely join in the conversation because hey, this is the y Min Yoongi we’re talking about but his hyper self somehow got lost on it’s way back to his body. He was feeling so tired and it didn’t help that Taehyung’s babble eventually moved on to how Jungkook is a kid with no manners.

They managed to settle down for dinner at approximately 30 minutes later after dumping the garbages and Taehyung having a little talk with Yoongi about attitudes.

“Smile, Yoongi hyung. You need to at least do that to deal with our customers!” He cried out—despite knowing how Yoongi coolly ignored him—even when Seokjin brought out their foods already. The blonde’s eyes were blank with an untranslatable gaze as he stared at the lamb chop served in front of him.

“Did my vision just magically turned infrared or this gravy is really deep red in colour?” Yoongi jerked a brow as he nudged the steak with his forefinger only to pull it away immediately, as if it would jump on him in any seconds.

“Is this fresh lamb blood you’re offering us or—“

“Holy diddly darn, you guys. Stop complaining about my food already! How many times do I have to say this? I don’t feed people poisons okay. I have my principles when it comes to cooking.”

“And I bet it consists of how ‘kitchen is a sacred place’ and ‘knives are the sweetheart of every chefs’?” Taehyung rolled his eyes in an exaggerated manner when Seokjin started to mention the holy principle of cooking again.

“Nah, it says ‘you can stab someone right in the heart whenever they crossed the line and make a steak out of his flesh’.” The chef sent a glare in his younger brother’s direction before continuing, “Now shut that mouth and just be grateful I cooked for you, bratty bro.”

“Hey hyung this is pretty nice actually.” Jimin suddenly pointed out after a mouthful of the steak. He was too hungry to even complain about anything by that time and Seokjin made a weird grateful expression as if the red haired boy was an angel sent down from heaven.

“See? The only angels here are Jiminnie and Hoseok. Be more like him, you lil’ twats.” Seokjin ruffled Jimin’s hair affectionately before he sent a cold glare towards Yoongi who just pushed his plate forward, his shaking eyes already showing how much he was scared that the steak would really jump on him.

He didn’t wish to die yet and in his mind, if that Red Hair says it’s delicious then it probably means otherwise.

“You could have took my side! How dare you betray me?” Taehyung whined in a 5-year-old boy manner and Jimin just shrugged simply with an innocent grin.

“I’m just saying it as a matter of fact.”

“Damn, now he ain’t gonna stop feeding us this—“ He stared at the steak with his eyes conveying ‘my brother couldn’t cook to save his please get him out of the kitchen’ as he was searching for a word to describe the deep red gravy. “Uh…blood thing—“

“IT’S A RED CHILLI GRAVY YOU LIL FREAK!” the chef who was just two tables away heard him and he started shouting in his high pitched voice that could probably break every glass utensils in the kitchen.

“DIDN’T YOU MEAN RED BLOOD GRAVY?“

“JUST GO AND STARVE YOURSELF TO DEATH THEN, YOU CAN SEE IF I CARE!”

“I’M GONNA REPORT YOU TO MOM!!”

“THE KIM TAEHYUNG YOU AIN’T 7!!”

Jimin didn’t wish to witness the bloody battle between the two brothers so when Seokjin almost threw a heavy clay pot in his hand like a Frisbee in Taehyung’s direction and they started shouting vulgarities towards each other, he sneaked away from the table and sent his dishes to the kitchen.

Though he was tired, he knew how Seokjin was short of staff every night ever since Hoseok had to take over the bar so he decided to help with the remaining dishes in the sink. He didn’t expect Yoongi to be waiting for him with his usual judging eyes when he came out of the back door with his hands holding two bags full of garbages.

“Where are you going?” He asked the obvious and Jimin just held in his desire to roll his eyes at the elder until it really fell off. He didn’t wish to fight, nor did he want to talk and the rain haven’t even stopped yet so he just lifted up the two heavy black plastic in his hand for Yoongi to see.

“You’re being suspicious.” He said as he started squinting his eyes at Jimin. What’s new anyway?

“Me going to dispose garbages is me being suspicious, sure. Next time you’ll get suspicious of me when I sleep, when I shower, when I eat—“

“How do I know you ain’t gonna open up the plastic bags and do something funny?” Yoongi cut in Jimin’s sentence without any intention of hearing whatever the heck he was saying. The red haired boy stared at the blonde in front of him as if he just said something in Venezuela before he snorted.

“The idea of me opening this smelly garbage bag is already funny, what else is?”

“Well, how about you tell me that, Red Hair?” Yoongi leaned towards the younger who was frozen at his spot because of that sudden close proximity between them. It would have made his heart beat twice as fast but hey, this is Min Yoongi we’re talking about.

Yes ladies and gentleman, this is Park Jimin presenting the man.

Upon remembering that, there’s only hatred left in his heart as he boldly stared back into Yoongi’s judging eyes that almost looked like it had lasers coming out of it.

Jimin already noted that he had a y attitude but he didn’t know that Yoongi is stupid as well. What in the freaking hell would he do with these garbages in the middle of the night—not to mention that it was raining—when he was already sticky all over and all he had in his mind was to sleep peacefully?

“Just get out of my way, hyung.” He snapped when it felt like Yoongi was staring right into his soul and he wasn’t comfortable at all.

“Give that to me.”

“Huh?”

“I’ll do it okay! I just don’t want to trust you with anything.” He grumbled as he tried to take the heavy load from Jimin, his fingertips brushing across the younger’s hands in such a gentle manner that would make any heart stop beating.

It’s Min Yoongi though, so it didn’t give any effect to Jimin.

“If you wish, sir. Help yourself.” Jimin just shrugged when he saw the blonde struggling with the heavy garbages and in the end, he just ended up dragging it on the ground all the way with his mouth cursing Jimin continuously.

Okay, so Min Yoongi is a guy with y attitude, he’s dumb and he’s weird. Noted.

He was drenched from head to toe by the time he finished his errand. Jimin wasn’t even there to watch him suffer and to think that he was the original cause for everything—well, only heaven knows how much Yoongi hate that boy.

***

Seokjin was at the kitchen with Hoseok their part-time waiter part-time bartender that morning when they started preparing for breakfast. The chef was busily preparing his special mushroom soup and garlic bread while Hoseok was grilling sausages on the stove. Both were in silent mode and only the sounds of the cutleries they were working with can be heard.

By the time Seokjin was done with his special soup, he left his work station for a while and checked on Hoseok. That was when the waiter suddenly jumped off and almost knocked the sausages he just grilled by his side.

“Whoa Hoseok—be careful!” Seokjin immediately caught him by the waist and he blinked a few times at the younger who seemed to be surprised by something. He let go after Hoseok seemed to gain his stability again and the waiter started frowning before he ducked by the stove.

“What? What is it?”

“Hyung something nudged me by the feet earlier that’s why I was startled—“

“Don’t tell me it’s something furry…”

“Uh… unfortunately, yeah it’s furry.” Hoseok chewed on his lips as he was finally chest flat on the floor, trying to take a good look of what’s under the stove.

“Damn is it a cat—no way it’s not a rat isn’t it?”

“Whatever the hell it is, we need to get rid of it before it gets into the foods—“ before the waiter could even finish his words properly, they both heard a plopping sound coming from the other stove. They rushed to check the wide opened pot and both automatically gasped in horror as if they are witnessing a ghost right in front of his eyes.

“WHAT IN THE DIDDLY DARN TOOTIN’ FRICK FRACK IN THE NAME OF CHEESE AND PEPPERONI IS THAT WHITE BALL OF FUR IN MY HOLY SOUP?!“ Seokjin started freaking out and he seemed like he almost fainted right at that spot he was standing.

“Man, is that a kitten?” Hoseok frowned before he took the furry ball out of the pot with a ladle that Seokjin just used a while ago.

“DON’T TELL ME THAT THING JUST DIED IN MY SOUP?!?“

“Oh hey it’s alive!” the younger shrieked before he immediately brought the cute kitten to the sink and cleaned it, totally ignoring the fact that Seokjin was over reacting by his side, cursing the innocent ball of fur for invading the sacred kitchen of his.

“Aww you’re so cute! How did you end up coming in here hmm?” Hoseok played with the wet kitten, petting it with affection before he grabbed a dry kitchen towel and wrapped the kitten with it.

“Jung. Freaking. Hoseok…”

“U

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter