Secret Connection

Bangtan Hotel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was another peaceful morning at the hotel. Namjoon was taking his break after the long, dreaded night shift and Jungkook took the morning shift for the day. He took a glance at the big clock behind him that showed 5:58AM and he yawned after he stretched his limbs out.

“Ah what a peaceful—“

“Jeon. Freaking. Jungkook!!”

“—morning...”

The chef stormed inside the hotel through the entrance with his workout outfit and his sweat making his own bangs damp, victoriously ruining the peace that Jungkook had always wanted during his shift. He rolled his eyes secretly but he carved a smiled on his face for the elder, nonetheless.

“You’ll age faster if you always get grumpy like this, you know?” He said in as-a-matter-of-fact tone but Seokjin was too annoyed at that time to even care about it anymore.

“You told that to me a zillion times already of course I’d know!”

“What is it again this time?”

“I ing used that pick-up line you gave me and did you see the result?” the irritated chef pointed towards a visible red mark tainting his fair cheeks. Jungkook shook his head sympathetically and clicked his tongue.

“So, did the girl got annoyed and she decided to slap your face or—“

“SHE’S A FREAKING LESBIAN OKAY HER BOYFRIEND—NO, GIRLFRIEND SLAPPED MY PERFECT FACE, WHAT THE FRICK FRACK!! I MEAN IM EVEN PRETTIER THAN HER AND SHE CALLED ME A ERT?! DOES THAT EVEN MAKE SENSE??” Seokjin was obviously fuming when he started shouting in an unidentified frequency. Jungkook bet that he would successfully communicate with a dolphin with that high pitched voice of his, really.

“What else do I have to say to that apart from your shameless confidence anyway?”

“You, kid...” he squinted his eyes in a threatening way as he leaned towards the receptionist, “You said that one line would definitely make anyone fell for me!”

“I really really forgot to tell you that it won’t work on someone with a boyfriend—or a girlfriend. I’m sorry.” The younger bowed his head slightly in such a polite manner yet his face doesn’t even show the slightest hint of guiltyness.

Honestly, Seokjin should have known that though Jungkook didn’t tell him. It’s a common sense, right? Isn’t it pretty obvious that you don’t flirt with someone with a boyfriend—or even a girlfriend, as a matter of fact. Well, it’s a different case if you’re really craving a slap or a punch from someone though, you can go ahead with that.

In Seokjin’s case, he was too annoyed with Taehyung taking the role of a protective mom towards him. He wanted to have the freedom to love anyone he wanted but his younger brother used to scare everyone away from his side.

Who in the freaking hell brings his younger brother on a date, seriously? Yet, he just had to. Not to mention that he would be growling as if he was a freaking werewolf trying to mate and sometimes, he would even hold his cutleries in such a scary way, as if telling them that he would be eating them alive if they even dared to get near his brother.

Just imagine Chucky that creepy doll holding a knife in that freaking scary style eating in front of you and you’ll understand why everyone got scared of him.

That happened during high school and Taehyung was still a freshman at the school. When he finally escaped school—escaped his mental brother, actually—and entered the university, he thought that his suffering would be over. But it didn’t, obviously.

Taehyung and his cliques just had to be there during his date and they managed to ruin everything in multiple ways that Seokjin could never imagine. It wasn’t until his last semester that he discovered the truth to how they managed to know every single details regarding his date.

Taehyung planted a tracking device in Seokjin’s phone and they could read every messages he received, hear every calls going out and in or even intercept incoming calls to the phone. Later, Seokjin learnt the truth that it was Yoongi’s genius brain that designed that thing.

Seokjin reminded himself to really, really poison his foods one day—or just shave his eyebrows in his sleep for actually helping Taehyung in his cruel mission.

Before he even knew it, his dreaded university days were over and he graduated with flying colours in the Hotel Management field. He haven’t gotten a single normal date and it was all because of Kim Taehyung, that annoying little brother of his.

He appreciated Taehyung’s intention, of course. He just didn’t want his brother to go through painful heartbreaks or even crumble himself because of a failed relationship but for Seokjin, doing such things just meant that Taehyung didn’t trust his judgement.

Not everyone in the world would eventually leave him with a heartbreak. How would he even know if he haven’t had the chance to properly date someone?

Taehyung should just let him experience heartbreaks so at least he would form some kind of immunities towards them so that the next ones won’t be as painful as the first. Now, he’s just plain scared to date anyone. He didn’t know how cruel a heartbreak can be and he didn’t intend to date seriously anymore.

He just wanted to focus on bringing the hotel back to it’s glory days, take care of his mother that was already growing old and also take care of his stubborn little brother. He had so much to protect and he couldn’t afford the time to play around with something people called love. It’s just a waste of time.

What he really wanted now is to annoy the hell out of Taehyung. He wanted to prove how he was already too old and the younger could never control his movements anymore, just like the old days. That was the reason as to why he wanted to learn how to flirt and Jungkook is a professional flirt, according to Yoongi.

Jungkook just had to agree though he felt that it was impossible to teach somone how to be flirty. Heck, he didn’t even know what he did that made Yoongi called him a professional flirt, honestly. He had a few dates before, of course and he even dumped a few of his schoolmates but that didn’t mean he’s a pro when it comes to flirting.

Seokjin didn’t care about that, obviously. Everyone who had dating experiences would be counted as professionals for him. So that was how it happened. Jungkook became his flirt master and he taught the clueless elder the basic of flirting number 1—using pick-up lines.

That explained why Seokjin ended up with a slap across his pretty face. He didn’t realize that he used the lamest pick-up line ever—Excuse me, you owe me a drink. Why you ask? Because you made me drop mine—out of a thousand lines that Jungkook wrote out for him and worst, he forgot that it wasn’t a mop stick that he was talking to and that the world can be really cruel to him.

“I don’t think picking up someone random at the streets will work for you, actually. It just doesn’t suit your image at all.” Jungkook pointed out after he drowned in his thoughts for a while, not even hearing whatever the heck Seokjin was babbling about.

“Then what suits me?” he raised a brow questioningly as he shot a stare towards the receptionist.

“Me.” Jungkook grinned boyishly as he pointed to himself, looking so proud at his own genius idea.

“What?”

“Well, you’re just doing this to make Taehyung believe that he couldn’t control your life anymore so why not just do it with me? You can be as annoying as hell when you flirt and you won’t end up with a slap on your face anymore.”

Seokjin blinked a few times as the fact sank in his brain. He was right, if he simply choose Jungkook as the one to flirt with, it will become an easy task. Moreover, he’s a staff in the hotel so there would be a whole lot of opportunities to show off their intimacy to Taehyung, right?

One small problem though, Jungkook is one of Taehyung’s cliques.

He didn’t know how it happened or how it is possible but Taehyung is the ultimate leader of the clique, as far as he knew. He didn’t want Taehyung’s real nature during his high school days to come out again. That kid used to beat up just anyone in his way without feeling guilty at all, instead he felt so powerful and mighty that it was so hard for him to stop himself.

He couldn’t predict what Taehyung would do to Jungkook—though they’re in the same gang—if he found out that the receptionist is dating his brother whom he had been protecting with all his might for all those years.

“No thanks, kiddo. I don’t date toddlers.” He ended up saying after a whole lot of thinking. No, he just couldn’t risk involving Jungkook in this. He’s just too young and Seokjin had been treating him like his own younger brother ever since he ran away from his house.

“Toddler—what the ? I’m graduating next year!” The receptionist slammed a fist on the desk, yet just obtaining himself a nonchalant shrug from Seokjin.

“Whatever, kiddo. Just give me another brilliant idea other than me being a e and flirt with you.”

“Hmm...I have an idea but it’s not gonna be so easy.” He said, his fingers tapping on his lips as he leaned forward. “You see, first you have to look for an innocent lamb to be sacrificed. Someone who looked like he wasn’t gonna be fooled so easily yet it’s easy to do so. Also, that certain someone had to be the one that seemed like he gained some kind of interest in you, even the slightest bit.”

“Ha Ha funny. Where in the freaking hell do I find the described person?”

“Think about it, oldie. It might be anyone from our staffs, you know. The one you had been flirting with in such a subtle way yet it managed to get him flustered because of it?”

Seokjin tilted his head in an adorable way as he was thinking so hard about what Jungkook said. They only had seven staffs in the hotel and one of it is his younger brother. Jimin—nah that kid is an angel. Hoseok? No way, he had been way too obvious with Yoongi. Obviously Yoongi’s out of the list too. Who else left? Other than Jeon Jungkook it would be—the bellboy?

“Namjoon?”

“It took you 20 centuries to figure that out. Congratulations.” Jungkook rolled his eyes in an exaggerated manner.

“Damn, he’s really cute when he’s flustered though. Do I really have to use him as the sacrificed lamb? He might get himself fired by Taehyung...”

“Get up, old man,” Jungkook patted Seokjin by his cheeks in a not-so-gently manner that left the chef speechless at that boldness. “You’re the biggest shareholder in this hotel so why would you let Taehyung do as he wants? He may be our boss but the real powerful one is you, remember?”

“Right,” He said as soon as he woke up from his state of blankness. “What did you eat to get yourself this genius, child?”

“Pizza—basically fast foods,” Jungkook shrugged so innocently as he said that, “And a whole lot of junk foods.”

“Awesome. Remind me to get some for you later.”

“Oh yeah!” Jungkook fistpumped excitedly in the air, making Seokjin chuckled at his rare childish behaviour. “Make sure it’s pepperoni pizza with extra cheese okay?”

“I’ll get you a tonne of extra cheese if this plan works.”

“You better prepare your wallet, big boss because this is Jeon Jungkook we’re talking about,” He puffed out his chest in such a proud way. “I never fail.”

“Keep that conceited side for yourself kiddo,” Seokjin patted the younger by his chest before he flashed his usual charming smile at him. “I don’t listen to empty words.”

***

If there’s anything that annoys Yoongi the most, it’s when he forgot to bring some of his tools and it disappeared while he was in the midst of repairing something. It’s such a bother for him to go up and down the elevator a few times just to get a single thing fixed. Of course, it wasn’t as if he bothered to use the stairs anyway but still, it’s such a bother to him and it’s just annoying.

He yawned continuously as he was waiting for the elevator from the 5th floor to get to the storage room at level 2 where all those hardware supplies he usually used was stored. He tapped on the down arrow a few times, very impatient himself as he was disturbed during his sweet break at his secret hideout.

The elevator opened wide in front of him as it stopped and he stepped inside, ignoring a young girl inside that was staring at him intently. He had some kind of problems with his sight but he didn’t even bother to have it checked. Why you ask? He’s just too lazy for that, period.

“Yoongi?” the girl’s slightly timid voice was heard and the blonde raised a brow in amusement as he turned to face her properly.

“Just as I thought, it’s you.” She flashed her charming smile that Yoongi haven’t seen for so long, that same smile that the blonde had officially gone crazy for, a few years ago.

“Jungmi?” he tried to control his own shaking voice yet it didn’t work like how he wanted it to be. The said girl seemed to realize the tension on Yoongi’s face, so she decided to just laugh it off.

“You still haven’t had those eyes checked huh? It’s getting worst now tsk.” She shook her head and her pretty long hair fell from behind his ears.

She used to have her hair short like those boys in the Basketball club, now look at her, Yoongi was just a second to getting mesmerized by her feminine charm before he snapped out of it.

“Why are you here?” his voice came out monotone and Jungmi just shrugged nonchalantly.

“You do realize that I can ask the same to you, right?”

Of course, it isn’t Jeon Jungmi if she doesn’t turn my words around. That’s her specialty.

“I work here.” He answered simply, knowing that Jungmi would always victoriously return questions back to him, just like the old days. She haven’t changed even the slightest bit.

“Well, my little brother works here.” She said, her eyes squinting at Yoongi as if she was already starting to realize something.

“Right, of course you’re here for Jungkook.” He nodded once before he turned back to face the door, his head was already unsure of what he would do now. Awkwardness is something that he doesn’t really feel but he felt it way too much at that time.

“Wait—You knew he was here yet you didn’t even bother to give me a call huh? I was about to die searching for that kid! It wasn’t even funny, you know?” Jungmi suddenly fumed as she smacked Yoongi’s head from behind and she’s possibly the only one in the world to get away with that so easily.

Yoongi ouch-ed as he rubbed the back of his head. It felt like she just smacked it with a 1 tonne rock or something, seriously. Yep, she’s still the same old Jeon Jungmi. It had been a while since anyone had ever dared to go against him and it felt so nostalgic for him.

“I don’t want to get involved in a messy family business.” He muttered as he had his eyes fixed on the numbers on the display.

Why does it took so long to reach the second floor? It felt like hell in here.

“Still as ignorant as always aren’t you?”

“You don’t even know me that well, woman.” Yoongi eventually snapped and her cheerful face fell in just a few milliseconds. It immediately felt so cold in there, as if they were living in Alaska yet Yoongi didn’t care. All he wanted was for that door to open so he can jump out and run away.

5 seconds...3, 2, 1... DING!

“How could you just tell her about me working here—no! You listen to me Lee Changseob! I ain’t gonna be the Prince Charming for your Drama Club anymore—“ Jungkook was quarrelling with his classmate on the phone when the elevator suddenly wide opened in front of him, revealing Yoongi with his sister. “Jungmi noona?”

“Jungkook my lil bro~” she sang playfully as he got off the elevator, her expression changing into a ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter