Chapter 7

Quest of Resurrection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun stuck to Yüzhen like glue, all the time wondering if she was a lunatic, although it could have been that he was the mad one for wanting to stick with his stalker.

 

Nevertheless he kept watch on her, waiting to see when she’d meddle with his car or send him ominous notes. She never did. And for the length of time he kept his eye on her, nothing happened.


He didn’t dare to believe it!


He didn’t want to accept the possibility that he had no proof of her antics. How could he smirk in satisfaction by busting her to the police otherwise?

 

So he stuck by her; an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth and a stalker for... well, a stalker. He was intrigued by her obviousness. Her quest of avoiding capture was too stellar. She exceeded his expectations. She was the perfect temptress as well as a queen of destruction. He couldn’t help admire her who put him in peril others could never even imagine doing.

 

If Yüzhen found her boss acting odd, she didn’t say. While determined to avoid him during working hours she was often met by his figure at the end of the day, when the professionalism ended. He studied her like a foreign specimen, a new type of tumor. Their relationship had outdone itself by blowing off course. He feared steering further into unknown territory. At the same time, it was exhilarating.

 

Or so he’d thought…

 

They’d been in the elevator together, standing at opposite ends. The hours had been long and unkind to him. His lids drooped. Yüzhen yawned contagiously. He found himself doing the same. The coat she’d been holding slipped from her hands. She stooped, holding the rail with another hand. She sat like that for a couple of seconds before nodding off.

 

It was a trick he’d never fall for. He didn’t reach to wake her. He didn't call out her name. Instead he shriveled to his knees because sleep overcame him.

 

-

 

"Sir." Sehun groaned propping a hand onto his forehead. His shoulders were shaken stubbornly. "Sir, wake up!" He detected silent urgency masked under a veil of smoothness. Curious, he lifted his hand and a small head came to view, blurred as it was under the pitch of darkness, he only saw a set of pale irises.

 

Immediately he her aside and shot a confused glare. Soaking in dread he understood something amiss between the resting cars. His skin prickled as she fumbled with her hair, tying it out of her face.

 

"What's going on?" He demanded, his tone projecting reedy. "What are you up to?"

 

"I want to know what's going on too?"

 

"Isn't this your doing?"

 

"What are you-"

 

The shroud of darkness suddenly whitened. It blinded him. A roar of engines blared. He squinted from under his lashes. Lights beamed in his direction. They were lying in the middle of a bumper car ring.



A car headed towards them.

 

A shout tore from his lungs. He scrambled to stand. His feet slid unsteadily. He jerked with a force that threw him. His arm cushioned his fall. He felt it tingle against the metal grid.

 

His name cut through the air like electricity. His neurons picked signals however his bodily functions slowed to snail pace. Claws yanked his coat with fury. He was pulled to his feet. An angry ring of cars played chicken.

 

His legs would cripple, he thought.

 

A buzz of words he didn't comprehend were handed to him. His rigid figure stiffened further. He was no longer a man but an old building waiting for demolition.

 

There was no sound from him when he shut his eyes. Peril gripped his hand, dragging him with it until he was hurled.

 

His velocity was of low magnitude, the momentum not as severe as he'd anticipated. His body hammered the ground. A sonic boom shook though his vessel. He lied limp. His head dizzied. His stomach queased. His breath vaporized against the grid. His lids ached to close. Each cell of his cried in rapture but he wasn't dead. A dozy smile relieved the tension etched on his visage.

 

"Sehun? Sehun can you hear me?" A palm clapped his cheek. "Sehun, please!" The urgency was severe. There was warmth radiating in care.

 

Warily he felt fingers brush him, fearing he would shatter to dust. He managed a grunt. His head was hollow. He couldn't decipher well. He assumed she gave commands because the tone of her voice sharp. The words entered his ear canal and blotched there. They frazzled upon reaching his brain.

 

He continued to lie. The dull aches worsened. He felt nauseous. His head circled in respite. She remained tenacious, a constant prod of cries.

 

His blurred sight began to piece images, sharpening them. He blinked.


Passing his tongue over dry lips, he swallowed. She who was sitting slumped shuddered a sigh. Fright had stolen color from her face. She managed a smile for him.

 

The taste of sludge choked his lungs. He coughed. His interest waned to the flickering oranges and reds, an emblem of passion and heat.  A magically destructive peace pertained. It crackled to the air, its tendrils aiming high. Wisps of smoke drifted wistfully. "Fire," he labeled.

 

"Yeah," she solemnized. "Can we- Can we please-- Let's just get out of here."

 

He inclined his head. Finding strength, he slowly placed himself on his feet.

 

"Where are we?" He grated. An eerie resonance beckoned. It matched their footsteps a beat too late following them like a sinister ghoul until they'd swung over the fence.

 

Immediately he recognized it. It was the clown based theme park he'd shut down. His neck creaked after he'd suddenly twisted it to catch sight of grinning red lips burning in their own demise. He massaged the creak. His body had become that of an elder forty years his senior. The unexpected shock of being run over would take time to fade.

 

Yüzhen froze at his side, her pupils tremoring. The rise and fall of her chest increased. Her fingers coiled at her dress skirt. A foot arched to match its heeled partner. She looked to him with eyes speaking of horror.

 

Claps

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter