Chapter 1

Quest of Resurrection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

OST : The Evil Lord Exdeath Remastered


***



She hovered in wait, unable to keep her butterflies at bay. A buzz of excitement danced over her skin sending goosebumps of pleasure. She could hear the water gushing in the shower.

 

Subconsciously, she fiddled with her robe while she waited for him to emerge. The carpet was fuzzy under her slippers. She imaged it to be of the finest.

 

It was her first time entertaining the handsome, young CEO. She was eager, wanting to do her best to appease him. Oh Sehun was known to never sleep with the same girl twice; an idiosyncrasy.

 

He was a man in his mid-twenties running his family business. And he was good at it too. He graced timeless magazine covers reaching so far as hitting Forbes, South Korea. He was a catch she didn't want to let go. Where others had failed, she wanted to prevail. She wanted to become a permanent fixture in his life.

 

Again, she fiddled with her satin robe.

 

-

 

Oh Sehun stared at his pale physiognomy while the water ran in the shower. Today was one of those days. The heavy circles under his eyes reflected his thoughts. He was tired, as one would be running a successful business. Between the company and his rogue lifestyle there was little time for rest. Of course he could have gone home to lie but where was the fun in that?

 

A smirk of sarcasm lit. He was always like this, reassessing his habits beforehand by labeling himself 'weary,' loving the thrill of the ride and wondering when his life had become like this, post-. It was a bleak cycle with no purpose but he'd adapted and he found no merit in alterations.

 

Throwing a gown over his shoulders he wondered why this formality existed when he was going to 'do' the anyway, but being a gentleman he decided to follow procedures.

 

One last look at his disheveled face told him he ought to follow up on those facials his mother insisted he get. He'd thought she was kidding or perhaps it was because she had no daughter but her suggestions were sometimes odd.

 

Shutting the shower he opted to forget all that and enjoy his time with his paid-for companion.

 

She was no different from the rest, was the first thing he noticed. The second being that she wasn't beautiful enough. That made him frown. He'd have a word with her boss later, he decided, but for now he'd do what he'd come for.

 

As if they were lovers, she shot him a smile. It was unreturned with Sehun being passive. He neared, examining, almost scrutinizing her. His mouth twisted in disapproval at her curls, enough for him to give them a sharp tug. He refrained from doing so.

 

Her eyes were too round for his liking and they lacked the innocence he wanted to see. Her blue contacts appeared too fake. Her nose was slightly crooked from his angle and her lips were like fat sausages. She was fair at least but still there were nooks like her makeup. He would not kiss her if it meant eating her cheap face paint.

 

He wondered if he ought to sue for receiving this ugly piece of fake porcelain dug out from some dump in Busan or Incheon or whichever village she came from.

 

He snorted.

 

There was not much to be done because their bedroom door burst open, startling both.

 

A fair maiden with a petite frame jostled in mumbling to herself, complaining. She failed to read the situation, shaking a towel in her fist before thumping a punch at it.

 

It was then she noted two dwellers in the vicinity. The towel slipped from her fingers, her jaw dropped and frosted blue eyes widened.

 

For a second they chilled Sehun to his very core, bringing back memories he didn't want resurfaced. Even his heart froze, daring not to beat.

 

Suddenly color flushed into her cheeks. She shuddered and cast her gaze downward. Her lips moved but no words emitted. Quickly she plucked the towel and squeaked, "Wrong room." Swinging on her heel, she wanted to hurry out of there as quickly as possible.

 

A hand intercepted her, strong fingers curling against her forearm. She was wrenched into a chest. It made her color further. "I'm sorry!" She squealed, meaning it. She tried to tug away but it only made the guest clench tighter until she felt her blood flow constrict.

 

"Why are you here?" His voice rumbled low, like a lion waiting to pounce.

 

"I mixed up the rooms. I'm sorry. I'm still new. I didn't mean to walk in. I-"

 

"You shouldn't be alive," he snarled jerking her towards him until expensive cologne filled her senses. She struggled to balance the mix of exotic spices infused with man smell.

 

Her gaze stared away from his bare chest and into his furious one. He flinched as if he'd been injured. A look of hurt smearing his physiognomy and then he took the towel from her and swatted at the call girl, "Get out."

 

A humph later the girl left but not before eyeing her 'rival' in distaste as if she herself wasn't the cheap one.

 

"Park Kyungri, you dare to show up in front of me?" Sehun cackled, briefly losing his sanity.

 

"Park Kyungri?" She repeated the foreign name while trying to pry herself free. "I think there's been a mistake."

 

"Do you take me for a fool?" He chuckled, dauntingly. "Because a fool I'm not."

 

"Sir, if you could please let me go. I promise to forget this situation."

 

"Forget? I'm sure that's easy for you to do."

 

Her phone rang, slicing the toxic environment. She made a face, briefly registering who it might be. Perhaps it was her chance to part from this wacko.

 

Pushing him away she answered the call without hesitation only to hear she'd won a world tour with Asiana Airlines and only had to share her bank details to attain it.

 

Wanting to slap her forehead at the speaker she made a beeline for the door putting in her best voice, "Yes, this is Alison Huang," she nodded before switching to Chinese, likely to have confused the fraudulent because he hung up.

 

And like that Oh Sehun was left alone, baffled and infuriated.
 

"Alison Huang," he repeated. "Park Kyungri."

 

His fist bunched into his robe and teeth clenched. No longer did he feel tired now that he'd seen her. Grabbing his clothes he put them on hurriedly, slipping into his jeans and throwing his shirt over his shoulders

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter