Epilogue

Quest of Resurrection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Thank you to everyone who read and supported 'Quest of Resurrection.' I hope it was an enjoyable read that filled you with warmth just as much as it frustrated and brought tears. Do leave me a comment with your thoughts on the story and please do upvote. I'll be waiting~^^
 

***

 

Fate decided Kyungri was to play the part of his sister. Identical as they were her bewitching eyes were a frosty blue. Her lack of melanin was a rare cause with chances lower than 0.0001% in an Asian gene pool. Zitao did not immediately notice their color when he found her barely alive in the wreckage. She was dying, heaving her final breaths, and if he hadn’t rescued her that day she may have died.

 

His motives were selfish. He’d always been a selfish individual to begin with, so when he’d had her reconstructed it was with the face of his sister who was supposedly ‘alive’ but missing. He made no attempt at discovering Kyungri’s true identity. To him she’d been ‘a thing’ who’d undergone numerous surgeries beginning with the transplantation of damaged organs. She’d hardly resembled a human, even after that. Then followed the construction of her face, limbs and body into that of a woman. Wrapped in bandages, she was more a mummy than a female and he was Victor Frankenstein, splurging his family’s wealth in hopes of creating someone he’d lost. When the bandages were removed and she was the epitome of Huang Yüzhen, she underwent rehabilitation to regain functional control of her body as well as speech therapy to restore the voice trauma had stolen.

 

It’d taken endless years but Zitao had never abandoned hope, not even after the real Yüzhen’s body had been found did he bring himself to submit her death certificate and so ‘Yüzhen’ lived.

 

Providence worked in neither girl’s favor because once the altered Yüzhen revealed her identity it was discovered that Kyungri didn’t die in a gas explosion but had migrated to the US. Ironically Yüzhen, who’d died, was forged to be living. The laws of the nation stated it as so. It was dogma which made the new Yüzhen stress that she wanted to destroy Oh Corporations and it’s heir, who’d been newly married at the time.

 

What Yüzhen could never forgive was not the callous treatment of Kyungri but the fabrication of her identity, the lengths one took to lie. And so ZItao found himself embroiled in a controversial plot of lover’s betrayal. Upon hearing the story of her anniversary, where the beau had sent her a car to pick her up for ‘a celebration,’ Zitao welcomed the notion of vengeance.

 

Her aim was to return the gift bestowed on her to the man she’d believed she’d loved. It was a goal the ‘Huang siblings’ worked towards. Zitao succeeded in gaining closure to the business and Yüzhen savored her chances of seduction. Zitao never really understood how she’d done it but she was always triumphant in trapping Sehun. The latter sought excuses to meet her, whether it was the mountains or her house. He guilelessly caught the bait, sealing his own tomb.

 

The day Yerin collapsed was the final straw for Zitao. He administered the ploy Yüzhen wanted, earlier than they’d planned. However, he didn’t bank on her trying to rescue him…

 

He lost his sister, the one with blue. Her blood was on his hands. But he was self-centred. He choose to bury the past as it was. Dwelling would only bring misery, something he had no time for as the owner of a multi-million company, a husband and a father.

 

Indeed he swiped Oh Corporation, and married Oh Sehun’s widowed wife. His wife loved him. They had a son. They were happy. They were in love. Everything was perfect, a bittersweet ending to their fairytale.

 

-

 

There was nothing left in the name of ‘Oh’ and without its successor never could it be rebuilt. Mrs. Oh felt the world spin around her. Losing balance, she reached to grab ahold of something stout. Her fingers missed. Her feet slipped. She landed on the ground with a thump. Her heart contracted. It was hard to breathe. She swallowed lumps or air. The molecules jarred in her windpipe. Her complexion lost its color. Her lips tinged blue.

 

Her eyes fluttered and before her she saw her son as a young boy in his teenage years, his boyish smile, his glimmering eyes. She remembered his playful laugh, his humble behaviourisms and his youthful glow. He used to be a golden child, raising compliments wherever he went, an only child, and heir to a fortune. She raised him as the perfection his family was built upon. However regardless of how much she polished him there was always a blemish on his magnificence; the mark of a pauper.

 

It was the girl he kept at his side, a worthless creature with no background, no present and hardly a future. The girl approached him repeatedly, enchanting him with her wicked eyes. Her taint on Sehun grew larger with time. Mrs. Oh offered money, an estate, scholarships, everything, but the conniving vixen wanted her son. So she decided to have the two separate on their anniversary. The car Sehun sent Kyungri led her elsewhere, an old house with barred windows and a door that locked behind her. Mrs. Oh thought the shrew had been tamed. How awfully wrong she’d been!

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter