Chapter 6

Always Shining, Always Smile (Editing)

15 minutes after the two of them leave,Sunggyu's phone ring. Their manager call and told them that they can get in the car at the front of the cafe. When they got in the car,their manager ask if they are ready to go to mr. Joo Hyuk niece's house. They just nod. They arrived at the said house 30 minutes later. They notice that there's another black car outside the said house. Their manager told them to get out of the car,when they get out of the car with their luggage,mr.Joo Hyuk get out of the black car and approach them.

"Are you guys ready?" mr.Joo Hyuk ask.

"Yes." Infinite replied. Then mr.Joo Hyuk walk to the house gate and ring the bell. A boy answer it.

"Who's there?" ask the boy. Sound tired.

"It's me,Woo Jin ah." mr Joo Hyuk answer.

"Oh,is that you,mr Joo Hyuk?" said Woo Jin.

"Yes. It's me,Han Joo Hyuk." said mr. Joo Hyuk.

"Just come in,mr Joo Hyuk. You have the house key,right?" Woo Jin said.

"Okay." said mr Joo Hyuk. After that he open the gate and the front door of the house. He take off his shoe and place it aside neatly then stand there waiting for Infinite. Infinite start do the same. After that,he walk to the living room area.

There,on the sofa 4 girls are sleeping. Looking tired. Then the boy appear from the kitchen and walk to the sofa.

"Eun Jung ah,wake up." said the boy while shaking one of the girl shoulder a bit in order to wake her up. The girl groan and slap the hand away.

"Go away,Woo Jin ah. Don't interupt my sleep,i'm tired. I'll cook someting for you later if you're hungry." said the girl sleepily.

"As much as i want to let you guys sleep and rest but i can't because there's some guests here,right now. You know it's rude to sleep in front of guests,right? Plus,some of the guests are your favourites." said the boy. He whisper the last part. Finally,the girl open her eyes and turn to her side and wake the other girls. After they all awake,they look at mr Joo Hyuk. They stand up and bow at mr Joo Hyuk and Infinite.

"Why are you here,mr Joo Hyuk? And why are Infinite in our house?" ask the girl name Eun Jung slightly happy.

"I'll explain later. Why did you girls sleep on the sofa instead of in the bedroom?" ask mr Joo Hyuk.

"We just got home on 4:30pm. We're too tired to move so we just sleep on the sofa. If we know that you will come to our house today,we won't sleep here. Now,if you excuse us mr Joo Hyuk,we girls need to take a bath now. We'll come back later with the other boys." said Eun Jung. Mr Joo Hyuk just nod his head then he turn to the boy. The girls then walk to the stairs which is just behind mr Joo Hyuk and walk to a door and enter it.

"Can you bring some water for us,Woo Jin ah? Thank you." ask mr Joo Hyuk to the boy. The boy nod and walk to the kitchen again. The boy come back again with a tray of juices and snacks. He set it down and put the juices and snacks on the table. Then he sit on the opposite sofa facing mr Joo Hyuk and Infinite. He sait silently as he observing Infinite members. After about 30 minutes,the girls along with 4 other boys come down and settle down either on the floor or the sofa.

"Where's Se Kyung and Ye Joon?" ask mr Joo Hyuk. Infinite feel like they heard the name 'Ye Joon' somewhere before.

"Both of them gone to a high jump competition,uncle." replied Chae Young.

"Again?" ask mr Joo Hyuk. The boys and girls nods.

"Can't blame both of them for it. Se Kyung is the most active in sports among all of us here especially in high jump. And Ye Joon is just like her partner in high jump. Whenever she gone to a high jump competition or something that has something to do with high jump,Ye Joon will be with her. That's how she gain the title 'High Jump Mania' from us." said one of the boys.

"When will both of them be back?" ask mr Joo Hyuk.

"They'll be back this Friday,mr Joo Hyuk." replied Woo Jin.

"By the way,why is the popular idol group,Infinite are here in our house,shouldn't they be busy with their schedules and what's with those luggages?" ask Woo Jin.

"Firstly,i want all of you introduce yourselves then i'll answer your questions. And i want all of you to stop calling me mr Joo Hyuk,just call me uncle from now on." said mr Joo Hyuk.

"Park Seo Yeon. 17."

"Kang Yoon Suh. 17."

"Yoon Min Jung. 17."

"Yoon Eun Jung. 16. I'm Min Jung's little sister"

"You all know my name already but i'll introduce myself again. I'm Han Chae Young,mr Joo Hyuk's niece. 16 years old."

"Ahn Min Hyuk. 17."

"Kang Ji Hoo. 17."

"Kim Joo Won. 17."

"Jeong Woo Jin. 16."

"Lee Hyun Woo. 17."

"1,2,3! Anyeonghaseyo,Infinite imnida!"

"I'm Kim Sunggyu,the leader and main vocal of Infinite. I'm 26 years old."

"I'm Jang Dongwoo,the main rapper of Infinite. I'm 25 years old."

"I'm Nam Woohyun,the main vocal of Infinite. I'm 24 years old."

"My real name is Lee Howon,my stage name is Hoya. I'm the main dancer of Infinite and i'm 24 years old."

"I'm Lee Sungyeol,the vocalist of Infinite. I'm 24 years old."

"My real name is Kim Myungsoo,my stage name is L. I'm the vocalist and the face of the group. I'm 23 years old."

"I'm Lee Sungjong,the vocalist and maknae of Infinite. I'm 22 years old."

Mr Joo Hyuk clap his hand once to get all their attention.

"So,i'll start the explanation now. The reason Infinite is here today is,they will move in with you guys. From today onwards,they'll become your new housemates. All of you need take care of each other." said mr Joo Hyuk.

"There must be another reason why all of them are here,isn't it uncle?" ask Chae Young.

"Yep. There are a few reasons why they here. One,your house need adults in it. Two,so that they can help her to be like what she used to be before 3 years ago." said mr Joo Hyuk.

"Sir,may i ask who is Se Kyung?" ask Woohyun. Mr Joo Hyuk sigh before aswering Woohyun's question.

"Se Kyung is my other niece. You guys will be seeing her this Friday so be patience."

"But,i'm really curious about how Se Kyung noona can change that quick in just a week 3 years ago." said Woo Jin.

"Yeah,me too. That week was school holiday week right? Honestly,i'm shocked by how cold she was toward us at that time. Everytime i saw her,she seems hesistant to be with us. And she's did't smile and laugh with us like she used to,all her smile and her laugh seems fake. She didn't come to school for 2 months too atfer that school holiday. It was last year when she start to be like what she used to be with us." said Seo Yeon. Her other friends nod their head.

"Can we know what happen?" ask Hoya while the other Infinite member just listening to their talking.

"Well,we don't know what happen too. Sorry." said Min Jung.

"Chae Young ah,don't you know what happen to her? She's your cousin after all." ask Seo Yeon. Their attention is on Chae Young now. Chae Young look at her before she look at her uncle and Hyun Woo. Hyun Woo who heard what Seo Yeon ask shoot a look at Chae Young. They saw this and frown.

"Actually i know what happen but not the full story so i just can say that i don't really know what happen that year. Plus,i'm with my family in Japan that school holiday." said Chae Young.

"Then,just say what you know." said Yoon Suh.

"I can't and i won't." said Chae Young which make them confuse.

"Why?" ask Joo Won.

"I made a promise with Se Kyung unnie,someone,my family and her family that i won't tell anyone about what happen. All of you will know the truth when she's ready to tell all of you about it." said Chae Young again.

"That's right! As i can remember,Hyun Woo hyung was the only one who was with Se Kyung noona for the whole school holiday week 3 years ago,isn't it? Did you do something bad to her that caused she changed?" said Woo Jin suddenly. Hyun Woo who was drinking his apple juice that time choked at what Woo Jin said. After a few seconds, he stop coughing and glare at Woo Jin.

"Yeah,you are the only one who stay with her for the whole school holiday week that year! Tell us now,what happen to her that make she change like that. And when i think about that again,you were protective over her after that." said Ji Hoo.

"As much as i wanted to tell you guys,i can't. Even if it's for the new housemates. And i didn't do anything that caused she changed." said Hyun Woo.

"Why?!" his friends shout/ask.

"It's not my place to tell you all about it. Just like Chae Young,I promise her that i won't tell anything about what happen to her to anyone. That promise might be nothing to you guys because you don't know what happen to her. Because for me,that promise hold our friendship that were built since our childhood and about how much she trust me. And i won't break the promise that i made with her. I won't break her trust towards me." said Hyun Woo.

"She will tell you guys about what happen 3 years ago when she's ready. So,i hope you guys including the new housemates to not touch that topic until she's ready. She's still a little sensitive about that." said Hyun Woo again while eyeing all of of them. They just nod.

"Wait! You just say 'our friendship that were built since our childhood' right?" ask Ji Hoo. Hyun Woo nod and ask why.

"That mean both of you are childhood friends?" said Ji Hoo with shock.

"Yeah. Both me and Se Kyung are bestfriends since we're still kids more like since both of us were babies because both our parents were friends too. One of the reasons i can't tell you guys about 3 years ago. I made a promise with her family and some other people that i won't tell anyone anything about that. And,am i not protective over her even before she change??" said Hyun Woo.

"We can't see that you are protective over her even before she change. Because,all we can see before she changed is you always flirt with her. And,how can you didn't tell me that both of you are childhood friends? I'm your bestfriend right? Also,how come Min Jung didn't say or do anything when you flirt with Kyung? Didn't she feel jealous,angry or suspicious?"

"I thought you know that me and Se Kyung are childhood bestfriends. I promise her family that i'll take care of her since we're friends and we live in the same house. I'm not trying to flirt with her but i just want to play with her because..." he trailed at the last part.

"Because?" his friends ask except for Chae Young,mr Joo Hyuk and Infinite even though they are as curious as the others.

"Because... Well,you guys should know the answer already." said Hyun Woo to his friends.

"We don't know the answer." his friends replied.

"Because,sometimes she look kinda cute and beautiful when she's pissed,irritated,frustrated and angry especially when she's blushing and stuttering. I really can't help but to fall in love with her even if she is my childhood bestfriend when we're in our first year of middle high school." Hyun Woo said and blush a little.

"And i believe that you boys has a crush on her when you first met her,right?" Hyun Woo ask the other boy. The other boys just look away and blush.

"We can't blame anyone except Se Kyung in this matter. It's her fault for being so cute and beautiful." said Ji Hoo.

"When i first met her,i was like 'wow,she's so beautiful'." said Seo Yeon.

"Me too. When i first met her,my first impression on her was she's cute." said Min Jung.

"She used to be a cheerful,happy go lucky,cheesy,clingy,kind heart especially friendly... She's also the type that always smile even when people talk bad about her. In other description,there's many positive character traits in her before that school holiday." said Yoon Suh.

"But,if you've known her for long or you look closely at her,that smile was a little to sweet whenever people bad mouthed her family and her friends." said Eun Jung.The other kids just nod.

"Back then,she still have her chubby cheeks. Everytime i saw her,my attention are always on her cheeks." said Yoon Suh.

"No wonder when she talk to you,you didn't pay attention to her words at all." said Min Hyuk which make all of them laugh a little.

"I'm amazed by her feature too sometimes back then. I was amazed because of how she got chubby cheeks even thought she look skinny. She looks cute but beautiful at the same time." said Yoon Suh.

"But now,her cheeks are not as chubby as before. How I miss to squish and pinch those chubby cheeks of her again." said Seo Yeon with a sigh at the last part.

"Unnie won't like it if you guys keep pinching and squishing her cheeks." said Chae Young.

"Why?" ask Eun Jung.

"Why you ask? Don't you remember that after you guys pinch or squish her cheeks,her cheeks easily turn red because she has white skin. But a lot of people will mistaken it as she's either blushing or her cheeks turn red because of the heat." said Hyun Woo.

"Minnie,you still haven't answer Jiji's questions." said Min Hyuk to Min Jung which make all attentions turn to her.

"What question?" ask Min Jung.

"Why didn't you say or do anything when you see Hyun flirt with Kyung? Didn't you feel jealous,angry or suspicious when he do that? He's your boyfriend after all." replied Min Hyuk.

"Oh. That? You guys know that Kyung was the one that help Hyun and me to be a couple,right? Well,it's not that I've never felt angry,jealous or suspicious toward the two of them even before the two of us become a couple. But,there's one night where Kyung suddenly call me to come to the balcony to talk about something." Min Jung pause for a few minutes.

"At that time,I already plan to have a talk with her about Hyun. When I came to her,she smile at me but I just said 'you know that I love Hyun,right?'. She's still smilling and nod,and then she said 'don't worry,I won't steal Hyun from you. You wanna know why? It's because me and Hyun are just childhood bestfriends.' which make me shock. I still felt a little angry and upset so I tell her 'then why did you flirt with him? You already know that I love him and you still want to flirt with him?'. She just shook her head and laugh a little and said 'well,I've got something to tell you. Actually Hyun flirting with me or me flirting with Hyun is just an act.' I just replied 'what and why?'. She then said 'it's because he want to test you whether you truly love him or you just want to be with him just because of his looks and his popularity. Also,he did it because he love you too.' I was dumbfounded when she said that. She then chuckle and said 'well,you will want to sleep early today because Hyun just told me before you came here that he want to ask you to go out with him tomorrow and talk about this too. Please don't be so happy or else he will know that I tell you this. Also,when he ask you to go out tomorrow,can both of you buy some groceries on your way back home?' I just nod and she took my hand and walk with me back to the girls' bedroom again." said Min Jung.

"Ah! I remember! That night was a month before we merge our bedrooms,right? No wonder you look so happy when both of you came back from the balcony." said Eun Jung which make the other girls nods.

"No wonder you didn't look so shocked like us when Hyun said that both of them are childhood bestfriends." said Eun Jung again.

"Yes,that's right." replied Min Jung with a smile to her sister.

"Now,back to the topic. Are you,Infinite,willing to help her? I ask this because sometimes it will be hard because she will act like any of you are not here. Wait. It's more like she'll ignore you guys to make you guys give up on helping her." said Hyun Woo while eyeing each of Infinite members.

"Isn't that's the same meaning?" ask Woo Jin. Hyun Woo glare at him.

"Once you decide that you'll help her,there's no way back and you can't give up." Hyun Woo said again.

Infinite look at each other before nod their heads.

"We will help her." said Sunggyu.

"But i still don't undertand her real problem." said Sungyeol.

"Trust problem. She had trust problem even towards her own family member." said mr Joo Hyuk.

"Hyun Woo ah,why don't we give them some clue?" Chae Young ask Hyun Woo.

"You should call me oppa because i'm older than you and no. We can't,just let Kyungie herself who'll give them the clue." said Hyun Woo.

The other Infinite member nod their heads with smiles on their lips while the kids start to grin and whisper with each other except for Hyun Woo. Hyun Woo who saw this sigh.

"Kids,no pranks. Girls,go cook something for all of us. Don't do anything to the food." Hyun Woo said. The boys start to ask Infinite members question about their career.

"Don't worry,we won't do anything to the food." answer Chae Young then walk to the kitchen with the girls tailing behind her. The door bell ring. Woo Jin stand up and walk to the door. He then come back with 2 plastic bag in his hands.

"Se Kyung noona buy us some dessert." Woo Jin said.

"From cafe?" ask Hyun Woo.

"Yes." said Woo Jin.

"What's in it?" Min Joo ask.

"Just some desert." answer Woo Jin.

"Place it in the kitchen first. We'll eat that after dinner." said Hyun Woo.

"There's a note for you too,Hyun Woo hyung." said Woo Jin while handing the note to Hyun Woo. Hyun Woo take the note and read it.

'Make sure the kids didn't get into a fight with the Poison Flower group and didn't break any glasses in that house. Don't let them train or practise so much too.

And,as usual,NO ONE can eat or drink anything that are from the second fridge.

Always Shining,Always Smile!

-H.S.J'

Was what written on the note in his native language,Chinese language neatly. Chae Young come from the kitchen and take a peak from Hyun Woo's back.

"How are we suppose not to involve in a fight with them when they insult unnie?" Chae Young said to Hyun Woo.

"Just try to ignore them." Hyun Woo said. Chae Young then walk back into the kitchen. She came out again after 20 minutes and tell them that the food is ready. They eat the dinner silently,they also eat the dessert that Se Kyung buy for them after they finish their dinner then the boys wash the dishes. After that mr Joo Hyuk went home. It's 8:20 pm already. Hyun Woo and his friends stand up saying that the Infinite member should take a bath then go to sleep. They walk upstairs and turn right. They stop,the girls enter the room that are on their left.

"This is the GIRL's changing room. BOYS and MEN are not ALLOWED to be in this room." said Min Jung emphasis the word 'girl' and 'allowed' and close the door.

Hyun Woo open the door on their right then enter it follow by his friends and Infinite.

"This is the boy's changing room,just remember that the girls are always on the left while the boys on the right if you are confuse. That door is the bathroom's door and the other one is laundry room. The bathroom is big enough for all of you so just go take a bath now." said Hyun Woo then point to a door on the corner. Infinite nod and take a towel and some clothes with them. After 20 minutes,they came out and look at Hyun Woo.

"Want to tour the house first? This house is kinda big but don't worry,you won't be lost in this house." ask Hyun Woo. Then they get out from the changing room.

"What's in that room?" ask Sungjong pointing at the door at the end of the hall.

"That room is where all of us place our certificates and our trophies. There's some extra blankets and pillows too in that room." said Hyun Woo. Then they walk downstairs again toward the kitchen. There are 3 doors.

"The first 2 doors are toilets and this one is where we put some extra foods and extra kitchenwares. Just like i say before the left is for girls and the right is for boy. You can eat anything from the first fridge and don't worry,it safe and healthy for you guys too since we are athelete. But,NO ONE is allow to eat or drink anything from the second fridge. Unless you got Se Kyung's permission." said Hyun Woo.

"I'm sure that you guys wanna rest now,right? Why don't we head to the bedroom now?" ask Hyun Woo.Infinite just nod their heads and tailing behind Hyun Woo. Hyun Woo open the first door on the second floor and enter the room. The room's colour is light yellow and the room is big and spacious. There are 6 beds on each side with nightstands beside every beds. Each side has a king size bed in the middle and the others are queen size bed. Tables and chairs are place in the center of the room as if to put a gap between each side. Papers,books,pens,pencils,markers,rulers,colour pens,colour pencils,erasers and paper clips are scatter on the tables.

"Homeworks?" ask Sunggyu.

"Some of it are project." said Min Hyuk.

"Don't mind about those things that are on the tables,just ignore it for now." said Joo Won.

"What's your plan for tomorrow,hyungs?" ask Hyun Woo to Infinite members.

"Nothing. We just want to stay home tomorrow." said Sunggyu. The other members just nod.

"Well,we kids will have to go to school tomorrow so please don't go to the forbidden rooms. If you guys are boring then go to the backyard,you can play basketball and swim there." said Hyun Woo to Infinite.

"It's 9:28pm already. Go to sleep,kids. We still have school tomorrow." said Hyun Woo to his friends.

"I feel like i don't want to go to school tomorrow." Seo Yeon whine while walking to one of the queen size beds on left side after she gave a hug to Chae Young and Eun Jung. The other girls do the same to Chae Young and Eun Jung and start to walk to their own bed,the only one left is the king size bed.

"Don't sleep on the king size bed on this side. As what Hyun Woo told you,left is girl's and right is boy's. That bed is also own by Se Kyung unnie." said Chae Young sleepily as she flick a switch beside her bed. Then blue light surround the back of her bed's headboard. .

"Enough talking,just sleep already." said Hyun Woo to his friends.

"If you want us to sleep then you should turn off the lamp,turn on the aircond,lay down on your bed,shut your mouth then close your eye and sleep. Explain the rest of things to them tomorrow after we're back from school.We have school,practice and training tomorrow so you better sleep now." said Ji Hoo. Hyun Woo pout and do what Ji Hoo said. Inifnite chuckled hearing what Ji Hoo told Hyun Woo to do.

"Don't try to do anything to the girls." said Joo Won to Infinite.

"We won't." said Sunggyu.

"Good night,everyone." said Hyun Woo. The others replied with tired and sleepy voices.