03

In Love With Bad Boy [EDIT AND RE-WRITE]
 
03.
taeminemily
IN LOVE WITH BAD BOY.
E verybody turned their heads toward the door and anticipated for the figure to became clearer to their views. As soon as the figure came into sight, the girls' eyes started to widen, some of them covered their mouths, another whispered, and the rest stifled their screams when they could finally make out the features of that guy. He's tall and good-looking. He wore the uniform differently: his white dress shirt s a few, while his necktie hung loosely around his neck - a perfect image for a bad boy like him. Which made the screams escaped the mouths of those who stifled it. Yes, a lot of girls fell for that.

"Hey, that is Lee Taemin," Jiyeon whispered into Sulli’s right ear. Sulli just nodded, as she kept looking at Taemin. 

"Class, settle down!" Mrs. Kim shouted suddenly. "Focus! and Taemin," she started addressing the five guys. "Kai, Myungsoo, get to your seats and copy everything down." for some reason, only Mrs. Kim could demand them like that, other teachers didn't dare to. 

Finally, the class was back to normal again, and everyone getting settled down. Lee Taemin and his friends sat at the end of the class, they were not paying any attention to the lesson. They were playing around and sometimes flirted with girls, doing what they did at bestAnd well, the girls didn't say anything against that, they actually wanted to be teased and flirted with. They even begged for it every day. 

After the Math lesson was English, and soon there was just one more lesson left and only fifteen more minutes until lunchtime. Sulli was getting hungry because she didn’t have anything in the morning besides drank water. Her stomach continuously calling for food, Sulli lets out a silent sighed as she laid her pencil down and stretched her neck.

"Excuse me, what time’s lunch break?" Sulli whispered to the girl sitting next to her, while her eyes looked up at the clock.

"In about twelve more minutes, are you alright?" the female student arched an eyebrow.

"I didn’t eat anything besides drank some water this morning."

The female nodded and said: "By the way, my name is Park Jiyeon, you can call me Jiyeon." the girl name Jiyeon said, and smiled at Sulli 

"Choi Sulli, nice to meet you Jiyeon-ssi" Sulli nodded at the girl and smiled back 

"Class is almost over, hang on there," Jiyeon replied, turned back to the lunch's topic.

Sulli didn't say anything besides giving Jiyeon an assuring smile. They concentrated on the lesson again. Little did she know, there was a pair of eyes that kept on staring at her from the back of the classroom. 

The clock struck at 12:15 pm, on cue; the bell rung signaling the class ended and lunch break started, students from every corner of the school came rushing out from their respective classrooms and heading to the cafeteria. Sulli was about to direct herself to the cafeteria when Krystal's voice stopped her on her path: “Hey Sulli, do you want to join us?” 

"It's alright, I don't want to bother you girls" Sulli nervously said. 

"C'mon, we would love to have a new friend" Krystal responded happily. "Besides, you don't wanna go to the cafeteria alone." the latter hissed 

Sulli walked toward Krystal and wondered, "Why is that?"

"Well, it's not where a quiet girl like you want to be. But, since this is your first day, we shall show you around, right?" Jiyeon, who was standing next to Krystal, said

"Let's go!" Krystal chimed, she held onto Sulli's hand and leading the way to their destination.

When they arrived at the cafeteria: 

Krystal led the two girls to a table at a corner of the school's cafeteria, as they were settling down, Jiyeon noticed Sulli had her lunch box instead of buying the school's lunch. Curiously Jiyeon asked the latter: "I wondered what inside your lunch box?" she grinned, her index finger was pointing at Sulli's lunch. 

"I was late this morning, so my mother packed this for me and I have not checked what inside." Sulli uttered as her hand held up the mentioned lunch box. 

"I see, it certainly smells so good." Jiyeon smiled, "Stay here, I'm going to buy a box of salad." Jiyeon got up when she noticed the line has gotten shorter.

"How about you Krystal?" Jiyeon eyeing the girl. 

"I have a schedule for a lookbook's photoshoot" Krystal grinned

"Diet!" Sulli and Jiyeon continued Krystal's word in unison. 

The cafeteria was at its normal activities until the kingkas made their entrance - expected nothing less from them; they were the center of attention, all eyes were on them, every step they took - the crowd moving along with them. The guys settled down at the middle table of the lunchroom, girls were pulling their chairs closer to have a better look at the guys. Sulli transferred her attention to the crowd: "Did a boy group just made an appearance?" Sulli questioned, raising her eyebrows.  

"Hey—" Sulli abruptly stopped her question.

"Krystal, what's wrong?" she changed the question as soon as she noticed Krystal was intensely staring at the guy who stood next to the one which Sulli assumed to be Lee Taemin, as Jiyeon informed to her earlier in class.

"Kai, she is staring at Kai," Jiyeon joked as she placed down her salad. 

Krystal turned her head around instantly as she heard someone's response, and before she could retort back, Jiyeon already covered with the palm of her hand. “Why, you may ask?" Jiyeon said hastily, "Because she likes him." Jiyeon lets out a small giggled and Sulli nodded her head with a gaped mouth.

"Shut up, I'm not, I was hearing things so I turned around to checked." Krystal cried. 

"If not, then why your face's red like a tomato?" Jiyeon laughed while she opened the box of salad.

"Whatever," Krystal ignored Jiyeon's inquiry. "let us introduce to you to that group. Do you see that guy over there?" Krystal leaned closer to Sulli when she attempted to points at the said guy. "He's Lee Taemin. He's the king of this school. He's a coldhearted player, not really a player; but anyways!" she emphasized. "His family is really rich. And since he was little, he's been chosen to be the face of many cosmetic brands, and popular magazines in Korea. And now he's a model of many clothing brands. He is the future CEO of his parents' company. Their company is everywhere you go, even though people called him 'player', but they also have to admit that he's really good at managing his family's businesses. Their projects overseas cost billions of dollars, everything sailed smoothly under his control." Krystal admires to Taemin's talented. 

Sulli turned to stare at Taemin and his friends as Jiyeon took over the introduction: "The guy next to him on the left is Kim Kai, they're best friends since elementary school. He's also a rich spoiled brat, just like his friend. That's being said, he's also a model to many popular magazines and brands. The guys in this school or other schools don't dare to touch him, with just a look; he could send them to hell. That dude is the real definition of player"

"Kim Myungsoo," a girl appeared out of nowhere, butted in. "the guy sitting across from Taemin. He's the coldest one in the group. He had a sister, but unfortunately, she passed away in a car accident a few years back. If you ever talk to him, do not mention his little sister. He's also rich. And, he rarely smiles. Oh, and" she took Sulli's hand and shook it, "I'm Jessica, nice to meet you."

"Are you the new student that Krystal texted me about?" 

"I guess." Sulli hesitated.

"I'm Krystal's twin, I got pushed out earlier than her by two minutes." Jessica grinned and joked.

"By the way - Myungsoo hates his parents, he doesn't even want to look at their faces. But no one can deny that his love for Jisoo is unmeasurable" Jessica went back to her introduction about Myungsoo.

"I feel sorry for him," Sulli said while eyeing the guy.

"The guy eating chicken over there is Lee Jinki," another short girl said: "he's probably the nicest one. One thing to keep in note is that he loves chicken very much. He's as rich as the rest of them, his family is pretty much secretive; we don't have much knowledge about them besides that his parents are the owners of a hotel franchise. If Four Seasons Hotels is the best international hotel franchise of Canada, then Paradise in Paradise is the best in South Korea and around Asia, own by his parents." the unfamiliar girl grinned at Sulli "Hi, you're Choi Sulli, right?"

Sulli, who was still baffled, hesitatingly smiled "N...nice to meet you."

"Let’s be friends!" the girl proudly said.

"This girl likes Jinki a lot." Jessica nudged Luna’s elbow and winked at Sulli.

"Stop it." Luna shyly said as her face turned red.

"Your face is getting really red." Jiyeon laughed.

"Anyway, the last one over there, the one that's throwing his food inside the garbage like some kind of basketball game is Lee Donghae," Jiyeon said. "he is the most arrogant one in the group. He always gets into fights and never loses. About his family: his mother is the Chief Executive of Asan Medical Center, and his father is a surgeon. His parents are very well respected by everyone, his parents often do charity work around the country." Jiyeon moved her eyes to the mentioned guy. 

"In conclusion, they are the sons from influence families, and the sole heirs of the top five successful companies!" the 4 girls said in unison and Sulli nodded acknowledged the information.

"Welcome to Korea's most prestige high school." Krystal said.

author's note
In case if the readers wondering about the study schedules of the characters: my story is a set in a different "universe" (even though I use existed city's names) and in this story, I've made the S. Korean's school system much easier than in real life. So, each day the students will study three different subjects. Monday and Wednesday consist of Math, English, and Korean Literature. On Tuesday and Thursday consist of Korean History, Physics, and Health & P.E. Exceptional on Friday consists of students' elective classes. (School starts at 9:00 am and ends at 3:00 pm)