Hooked On a Feelin'

Something a Little Different

Exhausted. The only word that could be used to describe Seohyun at the moment was exhausted.  After realizing she deprived herself of a proper night's rest only to complete an assignment a day early, the ounce of motivation and energy she had to begin with completely withered away. She could barely focus on Professor Do's lecture and eventually had to record it on her phone in order to listen to it when her mind wasn't shutting down. Even Hyoyeon, the relentless prankster she is knew not to mess with the younger girl at the moment because even though Seohyun was a firm believer in the practices of meditation and patience; today was not the day to get on her bad side. 


    When class finally let out, Hyo gave her friend a gentle pat on the back and a sympathetic smile. 

 

"Look at it this way Seo, at least now you don't have to write another essay tonight, right? Just head to your room and get some rest." The blonde raised her fist as a gesture of encouragement and winked playfully before leaving the other girl to blow of some steam.

    

With a small sigh and a nod, Seohyun collected her things and steadily began making her way back to her dorm for some much needed sleep. Perhaps the nap would put her in a better mood.


________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

    Yoona made it to work with three minutes to spare, honestly that was a record for her seeing as she was usually walking through the door the moment the clock struck 2:30 or she ended up being a few minutes late. As she happily bounded towards the register to clock in, she was met with a face-splitting grin from her manager Sooyoung.


"Wow Yoong, you're early! Are you feeling well there friend?" She playfully remarked, quickly lifting her hand to her friend's forehead in the most over exaggerated way possible and pretending to check for a fever. 

 

"Yah, knock it off Soo!" The blonde replied with a chuckle, "I'm just having a really good day y'know? I don't know what it is but it just feels right." She finished with a sigh as she playfully shoved the taller girl away from the register so she could clock in. 

 

"I'm just saying, it's a first! Did you get some last night or something? You seem giddier than usual." Sooyoung replied with a smirk, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively

 

"Ew, you look like a creep when you do that dude." Yoona groaned as she mushed the manager's face in the other direction. "Like I said, I don't know what it is and trust me, if I got some last night I would definitely not be coming in early." She finished, lazily running a hand through her long hair and smirking before hopping up and sitting on the front counter, knocking down the record display beside her.

 

"You ever get that feeling that something great is gonna happen soon? Like that little tingle in the back of your mind saying; 'heads up kid, it's right around the corner'."

 

Sooyoung made a face at the younger girl and rolled her eyes before giggling and fixing the record display that got ruined by 'Him Yoona's" clumsiness.

 

"Nope, note at all. You're just a weirdo, now get your bony off of the counter and put the new blues records in their section." 

 

Yoona rolled her eyes and smirked before pushing herself back down off the counter and strutting towards the unopened box of blues records. "Yeah whatever Soo, and if my is bony, then your's is just a straight-up tailbone ya talking stick." She shot back, not forgetting to poke the taller girl in the , successfully making her jolt and swat the blonde in the back of the head. 

 

"Watch it Im Choding, I'm still your manager and I'll make you clean the windows until you sweat windex!" 

 

When all Sooyoung received was a loud obnoxious laugh from Yoona, she picked up a pack of headphones and chucked them at the younger girl's head. 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


    Home sweet home. Seohyun stumbled into her single dorm and dumped her bookbag down next to the door. Just a few more steps and she'd be peacefully sleeping the afternoon away. The moment she reached her bed, she flopped face-down on top of the mattress, not bothering to change out of her street clothes like usual. A long sigh escaped her lips as she slowly closed her eyes and prepared to give into her exhaustion until she felt the irksome feeling of her phone vibrating in her pocket. 

    

It had been a long day, so she couldn't be blamed for reacting the way she did, (Screaming '' into her pillow before nearly crying in frustration as she grabbed her cellphone)

 

"WHAT?!" 

 

"Oh my god, Seobaby are you alright?"

 

Seohyun's eyes widened a bit in surprise at herself when she realized she just yelled at her unnie. A warm blush of embarrassment spread across her puffy cheeks before clearing and replying in her usual soft tone.

 

"S-Sorry Tiffany Unnie, you just kind of caught me at a bad time. Is there something you need?" 

 

"Oh, that's fine. It's about time you lost your temper on someone! It's not good to keep everything bottled in all the time you know."

 

The ginger-haired girl let out a soft sigh of relief and amusement at Tiffany's easygoing reply. She was always so understanding and it was a refreshing change from Hyoyeon's childish teasing. 

 

"Thank you unnie, I'll try to remember that in the future."

 

"Yah! Stop with the 'unnie' already, you know you don't have to use honorifics with me, I'm American for Christ's sake!"

 

"Unnie, you're three years older than me, be happy I finally stopped calling you Sunbae. You know I'm uncomfortable addressing my seniors in such a disrespectful way."

 

"Yeah yeah calm down you little old lady, don't get your Keroro in a bunch. Now, I called to see if you could do me a favor. Do you know if I left my Amy Winehouse record in your dorm?" 

 

Without even moving to check, Seohyun answered. "Yes it's been here for weeks unnie, you should really keep better track of your belongings."

 

"Don't Nag me Seobaby, it rubs off on me and then taetae gets mad when I do it to her, anyway I rented it from that little music shop off campus do you think you can return it for me? I'm not able to leave my dorm and I really don't need another fine from that place."

 

The freshman let out a groan of discontentment and pouted. She was soooo tired! But she would never say no to Tiffany; she was practically like her mother here on campus. 

 

"Sure thing Unnie, I'll do it now. Tell Taeyeon unnie I said hello."

 

"Thank you so much! I definitely will. Eat something when you get back and get some rest, you sound exhausted!" and with that, the call ended. 

 

Seohyun grumbled to herself as she sat up from her bed and slipped her shoes back on. She wouldn't sound so exhausted if someone had remembered to return their record on time. She gabbed the record along with her keys before reluctantly leaving her dorm and heading to the music shop.


"Tiffany owes me big time for this..."

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 


    It was a slow day at the shop as usual, not many people really bought records and CD's anymore since the internet became a thing but she got the occasional hipster or old couple every once in a while and they tended to spend big. Other than that, it was the norm for groups of friends to come in and just chat as they browsed through the vintage music and then left. Sooyoung tended to leave for her lunch break an hour into opening up the shop and didn't come back for another two hours since it really didn't make a difference if she stayed. They really only needed one sales rep at a time to run the shop, but it was fun to work with a buddy so Yoona was employed and never left. 

  

 Sooyoung was out on another one her infamous two-hour lunch breaks as the blonde played the Guardian's of the Galaxy soundtrack On the store's amplified record player and lounged on top of the counter. No one really cared if she was up there, but when the General manager came in on his once-a-month visits, Soo liked to pretend that it wasn't allowed. The store was completely empty and had been for about twenty minutes which wasn't new to the sales rep so she decided to have a little fun. As soon as "Hooked on a feelin" began to reach it's chorus, Yoona smirked and stood up on top of the counter, raising her hands above her head and swiveling her hips in a excruciatingly dorky dance. 

 

She laughed and continued to dance like an idiot as the chorus dropped, raising her voice to sing along

 

"IIIIIIIII'M BUM BUM HOOKED ON A FEEELIN'! I'M HIGH ON BELIEEEEVIIIN'-"

 

In the midst of her little dorkfest, she failed to notice a girl walking into the store and staring up at her in complete disbelief. 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Seohyun had no idea what to do as she watched the tall blonde girl sing at the top of her lungs to the old classic, but once her initial shock passed, she couldn't stop the huge amused grin to spread across her features. 

 

With a loud clear of , she managed to get the blonde's attention.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

As Yoona continued to belt the chorus, she heard the sound of someone clearing their throat, making her open her eyes to meet the sight of a gorgeous girl with coppery red hair

 

"THAT YOU'RE IN LOVE WITH MEEEEHOLY !"

 

With a surprised jolt, the blonde wasn't able to regain her footing as she lurched backward and tumbled back behind the counter, successfully busting her in front of the cute giggling girl. 

 

"Kill me now..."