Start With a Sunrise

Something a Little Different

It's amazing how a sunrise can effect people in such drastically different ways. This morning as  vibrant solar beams began their lazy process of painting the sky into it's beautiful water-color masterpiece, Seo Joohyun (Seohyun to her friends) was hunched over her desk, clad in her Keroro pajamas vigorously typing up the last page of her political science essay. Pulling all-nighters only happened for her once in a while since she was a firm believer in going to bed no later than midnight, but much to her dismay, her mind was restless and couldn't seem to focus on exactly how to word her argument. As she began to re-read the pages to check for errors, the slight brightness coming into her dorm through the window captured her attention and succeeded in making her heart sink. 

 

"Are you serious?! I couldn't have been up for that long, it's only been-" 
She whipped her head around to look back at the time displayed in the lower right-hand corner of the laptop's monitor, only to realize she'd been working for about 8 hours.

 

"Damn it!" Groaned the exhausted student as she plopped her head down onto her desk. So much for resting up to increase productive brain activity.  

 

Today was going to be hell.

    

 

   Meanwhile on the outskirts of their campus, Im Yoona, a tall and slender girl with shimmering blonde hair was strolling at a leisurely pace towards her apartment. She found herself going on more and more of these midnight strolls to reflect on her day or to simply get some fresh air, though this was certainly the first night she'd stayed out so late or in her case; early. She took a moment to stop walking and look up to watch the sky change colors, a wide smile slowly spreading across her features. Nature's beauty never ceased to amaze her. With a tiny chuckle, she pulled her phone from the back pocket of her skinny jeans and began to take a few pictures of the gorgeous sunrise. 

 

"I should pull all-nighters more often." she murmured softly to herself as she scrolled through the pictures she had taken. With a satisfied sigh, she returned her phone to it's resting place against her bottom and re her way to catch some well-deserved shut-eye.


She had a feeling today would hold good things in store.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 


    Seohyun felt like she was dying as she sat down for her Political Science class, her usually straight and pristine posture was now more hunched and rickety. Her large, vibrantly expressive eyes were now slightly lidded and dull, carrying dark bags beneath of them. 

 

A low whistle came from beside her, forcing the poor exhausted girl to jolt from her previously spaced-out state and turn her attention to the source: Kim Hyoyeon. 
The short, fiery blonde had been a close friend of Seohyun's for quite some time now and she could pretty much count on one hand how many times she had seen the tall genius look so worn-down. 

 

"Damn Seo, what happened to you? Did Keroro get cancelled or something? You look like !" 

 

Seohyun's previously startled expression quickly melted into on of pure irritation in a matter of seconds.

 

"No Unnie, Keroro did not get cancelled. Never joke like that again, it isn't funny. I am well aware that I look like crap, but at least I'm crap that managed to finish that essay professor Do assigned to us with such short notice." 

 

"Essay? What essay?" Hyoyeon quirked an eyebrow inquisitively towards her younger friend, not bothering to acknowledge the curt response she'd received before. 

 

"The essay he assigned last night through email unnie! You know, the one he said was due first thing at seven a.m. no exceptions?"

 

The blonde was still completely stumped as to what the ginger-haired girl beside her was talking about. She remembered getting the email from professor Do, but she could have sworn the assignment wasn't due until tomorrow. Without responding, Hyo quickly began to check her email on her phone just to make sure. Once she found the message, she scrolled to the bottom to check the due date and just as she thought, it was due tomorrow at seven a.m. Oh no...Poor Seohyun.

 

"Uh...Seobaby? You may wanna re-read the date." Hyo finally replied as she slowly handed the girl her phone.

 

Seohyun quickly grabbed the gadget from the shorter girl's gasp and stared at the date in complete shock. 

 

"You have got to be kidding me..." 


________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

    Yoona stirred awake when her phone alarm went off. As she sleepily peeked at the screen with one eye to turn it off, she smiled at the time. 

 

1:45 p.m.

 

"Welp. I've pressed snooze enough, it's time to get ready for work." 

 

She slowly sat up and stretched her arms above her head, cracking her back in the process and making her groan in satisfaction. As she ran her fingers through her now surely messy blonde hair, she let out a tiny yawn and smiled when she caught a glimpse of the sun through the window. 

 

"Nice to see you finally got up there." She playfully remarked at the bright morning star before slinking out of her bed. 

 

It only took about fifteen minutes for her to shower and get dressed for work. Thankfully the music shop didn't require her to wear a uniform and didn't mind casual attire. She wore an off-white graphic tee she'd picked up at a garage sale last year that had a checklist printed onto it:

 

 

Lipstick: Check

   High Heels: Check

                               Hair Style: Check Check Check Check

 

 

She had no idea why she loved it so much, but she did. Along with the t-shirt, she wore a loose flannel shirt over it paired with a simple pair of black skinny jeans. A standard Im Yoona outfit. With a small grin, she grabbed her headphones and keys before strutting out the door toward the small music shop she worked at. 


Yup, just like she said before: Today was going to have good things in store. She could feel it.